Callaha's future

kramer

That ISU team in 2002 would kill this ISU team by 30 some points.

IF you dont think this is Embarrassing, then you need to wake up!!!

You tell me when they are actually going to play and I will sit by you and watch your prediction come true. :clap

WAy to be a smartass. you and dave h are starting to make a good pair. Mr. Perfect's right that 2002 team had some fire power with seneca wallace and company and should of beat fsu early on in the year if everyone remembers. They kind of gave up late in the season. This year's Iowa state is not good to say the least and they beat us.ugh

I wouldn't call them too good. They only beat one team that was rated at the time plus they lost to UConn who wasn't even a true DI school yet.

You tell me when they are actually going to play and I will sit by you and watch your prediction come true. :clap

WAy to be a smartass. you and dave h are starting to make a good pair. Mr. Perfect's right that 2002 team had some fire power with seneca wallace and company and should of beat fsu early on in the year if everyone remembers. They kind of gave up late in the season. This year's Iowa state is not good to say the least and they beat us.ugh

I wouldn't call them too good. They only beat one team that was rated at the time plus they lost to UConn who wasn't even a true DI school yet.

tell me you don't think this isu team would beat that isu team? It wouldn't be close. That team was rated for a portion of the year and were better than their record.

tell me you don't think this isu team would beat that isu team? It wouldn't be close. That team was rated for a portion of the year and were better than their record.

Why were they better then their record because they beat a crappy Husker team? Because they were within a touchdown of a not very good Florida St? Crap this years team only lost to the Hawks by 7. If they had akicker they would only have 3 loses. All to ranked teams.

Callahan is not going anywhere. He signed a 6 year deal and we can't afford anymore buyouts. I understand he's a great recruiter, but does that make him a great coach? I guess we are heading towards our best recruiting class ever. So what? Osborne rarely had a top 10 or even 15 recruiting class. I remember reading for years how Notre Dame always had a great recruiting class. Well the Domers suck and have for many years. The bottom line is knowing what to do with the talent is what makes a great coach. Remember Bill said the Raiders were the dumbest team he ever coached. Maybe it wasn't the players.

Callahan is not going anywhere. He signed a 6 year deal and we can't afford anymore buyouts. I understand he's a great recruiter, but does that make him a great coach? I guess we are heading towards our best recruiting class ever. So what? Osborne rarely had a top 10 or even 15 recruiting class. I remember reading for years how Notre Dame always had a great recruiting class. Well the Domers suck and have for many years. The bottom line is knowing what to do with the talent is what makes a great coach. Remember Bill said the Raiders were the dumbest team he ever coached. Maybe it wasn't the players.

The proof is in the pudding.

We will see what he can do with the recruit's that he brings in. That and the Raiders were pretty dumb that year.

This has been discussed before, but yea, Osborne never did have a top recruiting class but he did know the kind of player that would excel in the offense that he was using and he went after them. That was the key IMO. I think that Callahan and Co. know what kind of players they are looking for. Can they take them from being good recruits to good Div 1A players? That's one question that looms now.

Why were they better then their record because they beat a crappy Husker team? Because they were within a touchdown of a not very good Florida St? Crap this years team only lost to the Hawks by 7. If they had akicker they would only have 3 loses. All to ranked teams.

I can't believe you're going so far to defend such a bad ISU team. Ok, if it makes you feel better about the current state of Husker football, you can pretend that Iowa State is good.

I saw clips of the game from the BC show. To be honest, I was encouraged by what I saw on offense at times. The plays were there!!!! Guys were open and either didn't make the catch or were overthrown. It really made me feel like we are just a few players and a few less mistakes away from really big things. Defensively, I was glad to see BC in his press conf. had NO ONE on defense as a player of the game! Hopefully they were saving their best game for Nov. 13th.

I can't believe you're going so far to defend such a bad ISU team. Ok, if it makes you feel better about the current state of Husker football, you can pretend that Iowa State is good.

Why you guys are defending a BAD ISU team. I forgot that team beat a Solich "Nebraska" team, not this unknown unit playing these days. :wacko: