CFN's Fearless Prediction

Nebraska (4-1) at Missouri (4-0) 9:15 PM ESPN

Why to Watch: What was originally considered a showdown for the North title, has now lost a little of its luster, but it's still a great matchup that'll go a long way to determining the final Big 12 pecking order. Missouri finally gets a chance to show the world it's for real, or at least, it's not that bad, while Nebraska can turn around its quickly nosediving reputation. The Huskers have only lost one game and that was to USC, no shame there, but the last two weeks have been a struggle against Ball State and Iowa State. Meanwhile, the Tigers beat Illinois in the opening weekend, didn't get any love for easily beating Ole Miss in Oxford, and then throttled Western Michigan and Illinois State. This is a respect game, but it's more about survival. The Big 12 North has suddenly become nasty, and there's no margin for error for these two, with Mizzou going to Oklahoma next week, and Nebraska still having to go on the road to face Texas, Kansas and Colorado. Missouri has beaten the Huskers the last two times in Columbia, but before that, 1973 was the last time over the Big Red.

Why Nebraska Might Win: Marlon Lucky. Missouri has been decent at times against the run, but it was ripped apart by Mississippi's BenJarvus Green-Ellis for 226 yards. Mostly the Tiger secondary has been the issue, especially in the second half when teams start chucking it around in comeback mode, but the Huskers can come out and start blasting away with Lucky on the ground, take the the Mizzou crowd out of the game, and keep the Tiger attack off the field. Lucky started out the season with a sensational opener against Nevada, tearing off 233 yards and three touchdowns, and has rushed for over 100 yards in the last two games. If he gets rolling early and keeps things close, the Tigers might get tighter and tighter, having to deal with their first tough test this year.

Why Missouri Might Win: Something's missing from the Nebraska defense: production. It's looked fine at times, and a blowout loss to USC is hardly the proper indication of how good a D is, but the Huskers have struggled mightily against the run, getting pushed off the ball way too easily, with too many runners getting to the second level without a problem. Missouri has a balanced attack that does a little of everything well, but it all stems from QB Chase Daniel. He'll get plenty of time against the anemic Husker pass rush, he'll pick apart the defensive back seven with ten-yard passes, and Tony Temple will find plenty of open running lanes as the game goes on. In other words, the offense should hum on all cylinders.

Who to Watch: This needs to be the national showcase game for Daniel. An unknown by most fans, and non-existent in the Heisman chase, he's currently fifth in the nation in total offense as the ringleader for the high-octane attack. He's been fine over the last few weeks, but he threw two interceptions against both Western Michigan and Illinois State, and needs to keep the turnovers to a minimum, if not be perfectly clean. Missouri has the better team, is at home, and should win without a problem. But if it starts screwing around, and if Daniel isn't on, the Huskers will pull it off.

What Will Happen: America, welcome to Missouri. Nebraska will have its moments, and Missouri's defense will give up just enough points to keep this interesting, but the Tiger machine will get rolling for good early in the second half on the way to a stunning victory.

CFN Prediction: Missouri 41 ... Nebraska 27 ... Line: Missouri -7

Must See Rating: (5 Paris on Letterman - 1 Singing Bee) ... 4

NO WAY Missery beats us by that many points....IF they beat us.

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I agree about the points. I didn't even comment on that. I can't see them beating us by 14. I think the line is accurate. We are a touchdown underdog. I think we can win, and I think if we have any defense at all we will win. The running game will be key if there is a weather issue and WE NEED to take time off the clock.

Sorry. Saying there is "NO WAY" they beat us by 14 is ridiculous. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it is certainly in the realm of possibility.

I agree. I thought there was no way we would lose by 17 in '03 and '05 and that happened. It could be a 2 td game either way, who knows. If the Huskers start the game asleep like they did 2 years ago, or fall flat in the 4th like they did 4 years ago, it is possible. It is going to take a strong game, start to finish to win.

Is Missouri that good or is this all just hype?

Don't know, they haven't really played anyone...except maybe Illinois, but it was the first game of the season and I think the Big Ten is pretty pitiful (look for Ohio State and Wisconsin to be the next to lose and drop out of the top 10)...

the fact that Chase threw two picks in each of the last two games bodes well for us...our defense doesn't stop anyone, but has been decent at creating turnovers at crucials times: Bowman pick at WF, Ruud pick against Ball St., Grix pick against Iowa St.

Sorry. Saying there is "NO WAY" they beat us by 14 is ridiculous. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it is certainly in the realm of possibility.

We'll see :bonez:bonez:bonez

Yes. We will see. But saying that it isn't possible is moronic. Out of curiousity have you seen our defense over the past 4 weeks? Oh, and this is at Missouri....you are aware of that correct? Sure, we may win by 21, but they could smoke us just as easy. There are a lot of unknowns into this game.

"Don't know, they haven't really played anyone...except maybe Illinois, but it was the first game of the season and I think the Big Ten is pretty pitiful (look for Ohio State and Wisconsin to be the next to lose and drop out of the top 10)...

the fact that Chase threw two picks in each of the last two games bodes well for us...our defense doesn't stop anyone, but has been decent at" creating turnovers at crucials times: Bowman pick at WF, Ruud pick against Ball St., Grix pick against Iowa St.

Agreed

GO BIG RED

"Don't know, they haven't really played anyone...except maybe Illinois, but it was the first game of the season and I think the Big Ten is pretty pitiful (look for Ohio State and Wisconsin to be the next to lose and drop out of the top 10)...

the fact that Chase threw two picks in each of the last two games bodes well for us...our defense doesn't stop anyone, but has been decent at" creating turnovers at crucials times: Bowman pick at WF, Ruud pick against Ball St., Grix pick against Iowa St.

Agreed

GO BIG RED

Basically, we all know they are going to accumulate a s*itload of yardage, the question is, can the defense step up and make the big plays (key turnovers) when the Tigers get inside the red zone? If the Husker D does, they win, if not, this could get ugly. Our offense has to keep them off the field.

My son has been at the last two games. He says Daniels should have at least 5-6 more interceptions. The opponents defense was dropping balls hitting their chests. He states they have no defense at all, but their running back is pretty good.

I said it pretty well mirrors what we have. Could come down to has the ball last.

I will be there screaming my guts out. Leave tomarrow nite for the game. Will be setting in my season ticket seats for the first time. Have to be a closet MU fan as the wife is from there and my son works for the University. But Saturday totally Big RED FAN!!!