for those of you that say we cant fire Coz now...

Ok then. Well, when you're ready read the posts I've made in this thread and see your questions have been answered, I'm sure I'll be around to continue the conversation.

I've read them (your posts) numerous times...you offer no insight, whatsoever. Nor do you provide any possible solutions to THE PROBLEM.

All I can conclude from your posts is:

Unless YOU (me, huskerboard member) can find another Defensive Coordinator...EBYL hearts Cosgrove.

I'm not going to go back and quote you...see previous posts (already have been there).

YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY QUESTION -- (I'll dumb it down for you)

Will you accept the performance of our defense (BASED ON PREVIOUS GAMES) for the rest of the season?

I know that you've already answered my question---and your answer is "yes" and "no."

Good work, man.

Essentially, you're saying..."Do you think you can do better?"

I've addressed that in this thread already. If you don't feel like reading it, that's up to you. I do suggest you read all of it, though, since at the start I was taking "firing" to mean immediately and completely removing Cosgrove from the program.

Sorry, man...Being willing to help out and turning you life upside down on almost no notice to go take over as DC at Nebraska are two very different things. I'm sure all these people have responsibilities elsewhere...it's not like being DC is a part time job.

This is the VERY reason why I started this "argument." You say the job of DC at Nebraska isn't a part-time job....or even worse, a shi%&$ job. Yes, god forbid we pay those lowly coaches such crappy salaries. :wtf

Are you Johnny Family Man, is that what you mean??? Don't want to miss little Suzie's solo? Congrats, if so.

This I guarantee you -- if we offered Pelini a FAIR salary...he'd come back. That's what GOOD coaches do. They live for football, winning, and opportunities. I think that has been well-demonstrated by Pelini's constant mobility status.

But you're right, he wouldn't want to turn his life "upside down."

Bo would never do that (4 times)?!?!

Trev Alberts. Bo Pelini (I think he would come back with a little finesse, and with promise of a head-coaching position). Turner Gill. Jason Peter. George Bush. Eric Crouch. -- All people looking for something...perhaps Nebraska football is the answer?

There is still the problem of actually getting any of those people to come in mid-season.

And how would we know unless we actually tried?

I wouldn't mind seeing Coz gone as long as it didn't hurt recruiting. Nobody here can say whether or not it would, so as I said before, it's a big risk to take from our position. Beyond that, what do you want me to say? I'm not a DC, I'm not qualified to tell anyone how to fix this defense. I'm simply pointing out we may not have a better solution than Coz until the end of the season.

Hurt recruiting? Coz will take a fine recruiting class and lose with them. He has talent and has had talent coming in but still manages to put together EMBARRASING defenses.

The argument of, "Well this guy sucks, so let's just bring anyone and hope for the best," rarely works out. So once again, still waiting for someone to suggest a suitable mid-season replacement."

Man...I think you're missing the point. All those folks that you mocked by paraphrasing 'oh, let's bring in anyone other than Coz' have a valid point.

That point being, it's not THEIR job to ensure that when one is fired that there is an adequate or better replacement. That's not OUR job. It's not YOUR job.

That's what we pay/paid Steve Pederson and all the athletic directors before him to do. And we pay, might I add, Stevie a hefty salary.

If it were up to me, our team would already have been back to an option program with a Doritos logo on our helmets. That's why I'm not IN CHARGE.

I don't tolerate devil's-advocates.

Not now. Your devil's advocate viewpoint might have flown before last night, I don't think it holds any water after 41-6.

For one, it's not a devil's advocate viewpoint. Secondly, we pay people to bring in good coaches, yes, but it doesn't matter how much you pay someone to bring in good coaches when there is nobody to bring in mid-season. If we had someone I thought was suitable to bring in or promote, I'd be the first person screaming for Cosgrove to be gone tomorrow.

As I've already said, Wyatt is about the only person within the program I would consider possibly suitable. I've listed my concerns about why it still wouldn't be the best decision. I'm not going over them yet again when you can clearly read and should be able to see them for yourself.

Does that mentality also condone the type of performance we witnessed tonight, solely because we "can't find a replacement mid-season"?

Keep that up, and we're in for a long, redundant (Cosgrove-schemed) season.

[/quotPederson dude i just want to frickin punch that guy in the mouth every time i see him!!!! :madash

Trev Alberts. Bo Pelini (I think he would come back with a little finesse, and with promise of a head-coaching position). Turner Gill. Jason Peter. George Bush. Eric Crouch. -- All people looking for something...perhaps Nebraska football is the answer?

There is still the problem of actually getting any of those people to come in mid-season.

And how would we know unless we actually tried?

agreed :bonez

Getting rid of Coz isn't going to happen unless you get rid of the guy who brought him along and you can't get rid of him unless you dump the guy who brought Cally along. If you are really going to to do it you have to get rid of the three stooges all at once. There are quite a few of old die hard husker coaches who just might be up to the task of lending their expertise in helping out their beloved Huskers. Husker football is dead and all we have left is one cheap replica. You want names, McBride is enjoying his retirement and giving helpful hints to CU. (you can tell can't you) Tenpior, perhaps to lend his some advice. Some of our old players who have jumped to the coaching ranks would be nice. They at least know what Husker football is all about. Lets call Rathman, a decent call for a running back coach. I bet he would limit his running game to "a hand off to Lucky". Trev is sitting around and very intelligent, Jason Peters getting into the coaching game. There has to be some men out there to save this sinking ship that Pederson has sent down the river. T.O. would be a great intern A.D. Where's Ron Brown, Turner Gill? Where is Tony Samuels? NU isn't going to win anymore games this year, we might as well get it moving in the right direction, but lets first get rid of Pederson and get headed where we need to be, playing Husker football.

nonsense. total nonsense. of course you can replace just the DC. that type of crap happens all of the time

Getting rid of Coz isn't going to happen unless you get rid of the guy who brought him along and you can't get rid of him unless you dump the guy who brought Cally along. If you are really going to to do it you have to get rid of the three stooges all at once. There are quite a few of old die hard husker coaches who just might be up to the task of lending their expertise in helping out their beloved Huskers. Husker football is dead and all we have left is one cheap replica. You want names, McBride is enjoying his retirement and giving helpful hints to CU. (you can tell can't you) Tenpior, perhaps to lend his some advice. Some of our old players who have jumped to the coaching ranks would be nice. They at least know what Husker football is all about. Lets call Rathman, a decent call for a running back coach. I bet he would limit his running game to "a hand off to Lucky". Trev is sitting around and very intelligent, Jason Peters getting into the coaching game. There has to be some men out there to save this sinking ship that Pederson has sent down the river. T.O. would be a great intern A.D. Where's Ron Brown, Turner Gill? Where is Tony Samuels? NU isn't going to win anymore games this year, we might as well get it moving in the right direction, but lets first get rid of Pederson and get headed where we need to be, playing Husker football.

nonsense. total nonsense. of course you can replace just the DC. that type of crap happens all of the time

Dude your putting off the inevitable, Coz isn't just the problem, it is the Callahan system. Coz just doesn't need replaced the whole system needs scrapped, it NEVER should have been brought in. If you replace Coz and call it good we will just have to deal with Callahan another year, if your fine with us getting lit up week after week by KU, KSU, OSU, MISSOURI, TT fine, I'm not. You want to talk nonsense, replace Coz and think it's all better. GBR

Wyatt is the only reasonable choice within the program. Would he do better than Coz? I dunno, but I do know Coz is heavily involved in recruiting and who knows what letting him go would do in that area.

Notice, I just wanted someone to actually suggest a real solution, rather than running off at the mouth about firing Coz and then never providing any suitable solution. I can't say Wyatt is a great choice, mainly because he's really the only real choice we'd have. But at least you're trying now.

Who really cares how much he is involved in recruiting. We have seen that this coaching staff doesn't play the most athletic guys and I would rather lose some talent then let it piss me off more watching it waste on the bench. I'm not going to agree with keeping a guy around just because we would lose some recruits.