Replacements Thread

I don't want Callahan fired at this point. Nor do I think about his replacment on a regular basis, but I do think if we had to go after another coach it would be Chris Peterson of Boise State. Got to love a young fiesty coach like him...the bowl game vs OU last year says it all.

I like, I like....

Great point!!!!! I totally didn't think about Chris Peterson. :thumbs

Joe Glenn

Title Head Coach

College Wyoming

Sport Football

Team record 24-27 (as of 09/22/07)

Born March 7, 1949 (1949-03-07) (age 58)

Place of birth Lincoln, Nebraska

2 National championships at UNC, took over a troubled program at Wyoming. Doing quite well this year. Might be a consideration. Notice the birthplace.

Joe Glenn

Title Head Coach

College Wyoming

Sport Football

Team record 24-27 (as of 09/22/07)

Born March 7, 1949 (1949-03-07) (age 58)

Place of birth Lincoln, Nebraska

2 National championships at UNC, took over a troubled program at Wyoming. Doing quite well this year. Might be a consideration. Notice the birthplace.

Didn't Devany come from Wyoming? Good Karma?

edit info already posted

and yes Bob came from Wyoming a year after they gave him a half million dollar life insurance policy(remember this is what 61 or 62 think bout how much that would be today) and gave him a new contract. the year before. Bob was a coach before that at Michigan state.

Just for s***s and giggles ...

But my first choice would be Mike Singletary. If you watched that guy during Senior Bowl week, you know how that guy coaches. Heck, just watching him get after it in drills, doing them full speed to show the players, then how he pumps them up would make me want to suit up for him.

But realistically, our problem isn't the HC, as much as it is our DC. And I will be the first to throw out a name(s) for that position -- Mike Pettine and Dat Nguyen.

Pettine is a young fiery coach from the Ravens. You may remember him from a TV show on ESPN called 'The Season' that documented him and his father coaching HS football in Pennsylvania. Mike has since went on to coach at various positions for the Baltimore Ravens, and is currently their OLB coach. If you remember him from this show, you remember that he was a take no BS kinda coach. But at the same time, he got his players ready and motivated.

Dat Nguyen would be a reach, but I love that guy. Probably one of the most cerebral players in recent memory. He wasn't the biggest, strongest or even fastest, he just studied film and understood the game better than anyone. I can remember so many times him yelling out plays before the snap, because he studied film that much. He played the game with so much passion it was unbelievable, and he does have Big 12 ties. He is currently a quality control and assistant LB's coach for the Cowboys.

With many people wanting a new staff... who do people think will really be available? I know with the right money, just about anyone is... but if people remember four years ago, coaches weren't dying to come here. If not a big name guy, who is that up and coming coach (Ron Price, Dan Hawkins, Urban Meyer)?

Brian Kelly - University of Cincinnati

Jim Leavitt - South Florida

Maybe after a year with the soap opera known as the Atlanta Falcons Petrino will be looking to get back to the college game

They now have "Every man, woman and child " rolling in the aisles from disgust.

So start picking your NEW head coach.

I prefer to stay away from religious nut jobs like Turner Gill .

How about that BOISE STATE coach?

Who would you like?

PS. And lets get rid of that lame radio announcer.

Where every 3 yard play seems to go for a TOUCHDOWN..TOUCHDOWN!

He makes me sick!

They now have "Every man, woman and child " rolling in the aisles from disgust.

So start picking your NEW head coach.

I prefer to stay away from religious nut jobs like Turner Gill .

How about that BOISE STATE coach?

Who would you like?

PS. And lets get rid of that lame radio announcer.

Where every 3 yard play seems to go for a TOUCHDOWN..TOUCHDOWN!

He makes me sick!

Baby steps........right now I would just settle for a new DC. If Cally goes though, I would promote Watson. I think we could get him cheap and I think he has been the man in the shadows for sometime now....I think he could get the job done.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still not on the "fire Cally" train yet. I've spoken with my best friend who plays on the team and he says that all the guys are still behind him 100%. It was their performance that was embarrassing and they should be the ones to blame, not the coaches.

Then tell your best friend the players better get their asses in gear and show some fire and emotion when they play or else they could be playing for a new coach next year. And PS: tell them HuskerfaninOkieLand said to grow a set and start hitting the opponents instead of playing grab-ass trying to strip the g'dam ball :angry: