Keller

Keller, even when making mistakes, is one of just a few brights spots with the Husker football program at the moment. He could play like Joe Montana and right now it wouldn't be enough, so I'm not getting on his case. He's here for just one year but he's fighting and he's maintaining an excellent attitude, which can't be said for much of the team.

Keller, even when making mistakes, is one of just a few brights spots with the Husker football program at the moment. He could play like Joe Montana and right now it wouldn't be enough, so I'm not getting on his case. He's here for just one year but he's fighting and he's maintaining an excellent attitude, which can't be said for much of the team.

no sh#t, he is head and shoulders above the rest. he has lived thru adversity, he recognizes it and knows what it is!

Keller is not the problem -- he is not getting any help; and last night there were several drops. As others have pointed out, at least he cares and shows some emotion.

If OSU wins this weekend and hangs big yardage on the defense, Callahan could lose this team emotionally and this could get really ugly -- like it or not, this week is huge. A win and NU can maybe bubble gum and band aid there way to 8 or 9 wins -- a loss and it could be a 6 win year.

I think you are going into a conspiracy theory just a little bit too much here. He is going to his checkdown guy most of the time and maybe it's really because he doesn't want to force a pass and would rather get the first down instead of the forced touchdown. I don't know???

This actually wouldn't be a conspiracy because the theory is that it's just one guy doing something for himself.

Well regardless I just don't think the guy is worried about padding his stats. ;)

Keller is not the problem -- he is not getting any help; and last night there were several drops. As others have pointed out, at least he cares and shows some emotion.

If OSU wins this weekend and hangs big yardage on the defense, Callahan could lose this team emotionally and this could get really ugly -- like it or not, this week is huge. A win and NU can maybe bubble gum and band aid there way to 8 or 9 wins -- a loss and it could be a 6 win year.

count on it!

count on it!

Oh god I can't watch!!!!

Callahan has already lost this team emotionally. That shows in their lack of intensity. After Callahan started to attempt to run clock in the 3rd quarter, the players knew he had given up any chance of winning and was trying to hold the score down. It's hard to play for someone that doesn't believe in you.

:bang

no sh#t, he is head and shoulders above the rest. he has lived thru adversity, he recognizes it and knows what it is!

Now that I've read your responses, I suppose that you might be right; Keller is a fine QB in his own right, I will agree to that much. Those ugly, useless little passes might well be just plain bad coaching.

I do agree that Keller works his ass off, and he is trying hard to succeed. It just appears that he is a square peg in a round hole. There is nothing else on that offense that complements his style of play.

All you guys wanting to bench Keller must not have watched the same game I did. He got beat like a redheaded step child. Our offensive line is downright horrible. I saw Murtha laying beside Keller one play after he got beat like a drum. Our offensive line is bar none the worst I can remember. It ranks right up there with our defense. BC and staff has lost this team. Everyone thought we had cancers when Solich's players were still there. Guess what, BC and co. have lost their own players all by themselves!

I agree Keller is not the problem. In fact, he is one of the few bright spots on the team. When the year started I wasn't a big fan of Keller's. I remembered how we dismembered him in 2005 and how he was in a panic when pressured. I expected more of the same this year but I was wrong. He is not like that now. Despite the O-line's woes Keller has been a stalwart. Go pick on someone else. There are plenty of other players not playing up to their potential.

Hell i belive that keller is probably the best player that we have right now besides Adi. Marlon cant run the ball cause there are no lanes to run through. The offense has been able to up some points this year and last night they fell on their face much like the defense has all year besides the nevada game. Coz has just got to go. Maybe they all need to be locked up in a room lock the doors and let them all say whats on their minds no matter what if its good or bad, or untill they realize that MUST play as a TEAM or they will not win.

I think you are going into a conspiracy theory just a little bit too much here. He is going to his checkdown guy most of the time and maybe it's really because he doesn't want to force a pass and would rather get the first down instead of the forced touchdown. I don't know???

This actually wouldn't be a conspiracy because the theory is that it's just one guy doing something for himself.

Well regardless I just don't think the guy is worried about padding his stats. ;)

No, I think that's pretty far-fetched. Of course, he doesn't *want* incomplete passes or INTs, but that's not at all the same as wanting more completions for his own sake.

I fully believe that if it were not for Keller we would be 1-5. Sam has done nothing but give his best effort and i salute him for that. Our line has been pathetic, our running game has suffered because of that. For the most part the receivers are catching most of the passes. They are dropping some as well.

We had a chance to stay with the tigers when Purify broke free and got down inside the 10 and had it called back due to a penalty. This team is on the verge of self imploding if it hasn't happened yet. The staff needs to find a way to get these kids on track and feel good about themselves.

Coz needs to have a labotomy and someone inject defense 101 into his brain because every team we play from here on out will exploit his system until he changes his approach.

Back to topic, Keller is not the problem IMO

Every long ball he threw was floated and not accurate. I dont think he has confidence in his ability to go deep so he keeps throwing short.

Man if that's true, I feel bad for him...That was one of his biggest strengths (confidence) and now I wonder what a mistake it was for him not to choose Oklahoma over us for his 2nd chance.

The West Coast Offense came about as a way to compensate for a QB with a weak arm (all you had to do was "dink & dunk" your way down field and bore your opposition to death).

I was excited to see what a thoroughbred like Sammy could do with this offense by stretching the field a little, but I have yet to see that Callahan has enough understanding of the next level of this offense or it's evolving possibilities.

He appears to be turning this thoroughbred into a plow-horse. dedhoarse