A Blackout for the Okie State Game

If you want a B****** on Saturday, drink a fifth of Jack.

THAT is funny.

I know it won't happen...but I do think it would be cool to see. People who bash others for wanting to see it are ridiculous. We did this a couple weeks ago and I stand by my idea of finding a big $$$ supporter or 2-3 sponsors (First National, Valentinos, Adidas, etc.) to put money towards Blackshirt towels. Cheap black towels that could be imprinted on one side with a single color (red) blackshirt logo and the other side with the sponsors logos. They get handed out at the gates.

Hell....let me work for the University....I'll organize the damn thing. At 80K towels, and a single color printing, you'd get a HUGE bulk rate discount....likely less than $1 per towel.

Just found a variety of websites that don't do 'Towels' that cheap (lowest I found was about $1 per), but you can get custom printed Handkerchiefs for $0.60 for orders over 50,000...and 'call for pricing' on larger orders. Guessing you could do it for 50 cents.

Back when Nebraska and OU had 'Game of the Centry II' (was that '87?) we had 'Husker Hankies'. I don't know where/who we got them from, but they were white handkerchiefs printed in red with the team logos, date, 'Game of the Centry II' and sponsor logos.

Just found a variety of websites that don't do 'Towels' that cheap (lowest I found was about $1 per), but you can get custom printed Handkerchiefs for $0.60 for orders over 50,000...and 'call for pricing' on larger orders. Guessing you could do it for 50 cents.

Back when Nebraska and OU had 'Game of the Centry II' (was that '87?) we had 'Husker Hankies'. I don't know where/who we got them from, but they were white handkerchiefs printed in red with the team logos, date, 'Game of the Centry II' and sponsor logos.

We should have stuffed them in Broderick Thomas mouth the week before the game. ( I meant in 87 with his I have the Keys crap )

Instead of shirts pass out black signs that everyone could raise up just as the Defense goes on the field and lowered before play starts.

I know it will never happen but this way you could keep the sea of red and still for a moment in time show the black.

Just a thought

That's actually the first sensible, realistic, workable idea I've heard on the subject. The cost would be relatively minimal so that a sponsor or the University could afford it and they could be handed out at the gates so every fan would have one. On the "blank" side, print instructions to raise them when the defense takes the field or when it is 3rd down, etc. I could even see it becoming something of a tradition if handled right.

I agree that definately makes it possible.

Instead of shirts pass out black signs that everyone could raise up just as the Defense goes on the field and lowered before play starts.

I know it will never happen but this way you could keep the sea of red and still for a moment in time show the black.

Just a thought

I'd be down with the idea of a Blackshirts Towel, for fans to wave when on defense, similar to Pitt's "terrible towel"

Yes, lets give them something they could throw on the field alla Colorado fan. :thumbs

What ever, why don t we just sit on our hands and close our mouths and minds and not do anything to let these kids know we support them win or lose.

Just a thought

I'd be down with the idea of a Blackshirts Towel, for fans to wave when on defense, similar to Pitt's "terrible towel"

Yes, lets give them something they could throw on the field alla Colorado fan. :thumbs

What ever, why don t we just sit on our hands and close our mouths and minds and not do anything to let these kids know we support them win or lose.

You misquoted the Bob Father "I know the fans are with me, win or tie", said Devaney.

Yeah...maybe a "B******" would not have helped. I liked the passing out of cards with black, or blackshirts on them. That is the best of all the ideas, I thought. Whatever keeps NUpolo8 on his crazy pills, I'm all for! :lol: Thanks for the support, those that did, and helped defend me. I appreciate it! :worship Today's game almost made me drink that fifth! But I don't drink alcohol...so it was diet Pepsi most of the afternoon!