Bo Pelini, he ain't coming back

That's a reasonable argument that Pelini may not had been ready to be a head coach four years ago -- I don't know for sure one way or another. But just having one year of college experience, there is certainly room for debate on the subject. But that doesn't mean he isn't ready now. If Ped is gone and the A.D. is someone Pelini likes, that could change things, but that is way pre-mature right now.

Dan McCarney had very little to work with at ISU. Considering that, I think he did well with limited talent. But whether he was or wasn't a good HC, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent DC. A lot of good coordinators are not fit to be HCs. So you can't really compare the two positions. So sure, it's possible that Dan McCarney could be an excellent DC and Pelini a lousy HC. Who knows? It's a guessing game.

See, now this makes sense to me. Before being a HC, "Stache" was a pretty good D coordinator. After he became HC, he sucked hind tit everywhere he's been. Obviously, he's not a good HC but Pudnocker thought otherwise. BC must have been a good OC or Gruden (rumor) wouldn't want him back if he makes the jump to the Eagles. However, he's now shown at the Raiders and at NU that he isn't a very good HC. Anytime a coach makes a jump from a coordinator position to a HC, there is a gamble that they will be a good HC.

Whoever we get for our next coach is going to be a gamble. Personally, I liked the old method of choosing from within the family. However, Pudnocker squashed; killed; creamed this notion. We're going to have to gamble on a coordinator from another team whether it be college of NFL and hope and pray they're the one.

• 1 month later...

Every other thread on this board, every Husker blog and every other Husker website, all I see is the name Bo Pelini.

Sorry fans, that ship has sailed.

We could offer him Saban type money and he still won't come back to Nebraska.

It ain't happening folks.

Put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company and get passed over for a promotion and you get pissed and leave for another job. A couple years later, your old company comes back and tries to hire you again, for that same job you weren't good enough for a couple of years before. First thing you do is laugh right in their face and that's exactly what Bo would do.

But the offer to Bo ain't coming.

HE AIN"T COMING BACK. GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. ALL IS WELL.

now, go get Dan McCarney as our new DC starting after South Florida's bowl game.

Bo Pelini is a classless turd who would embarrass NU by language/actions - much more than BC ever has with his.

For all his positives as a DC, he brings a lot of liabilites as a HC.

A throat slash gesture and then lying about it? Calling opposing team fan's flippin hillbillies? OK, Pelini called out Snyder. Was it the right thing to do? No, but neither was BC's actions and then having the gall to lie about it even though he was caught on camera doing it.

For the record, Pelini I'm sure would come back to NU. In order for this to happen, Pud would first have to be fired. Let's say TO would be named AD and asked Pelini to come take over the program. I think he'd jump at the opportunity. As long as Pud's in charge, Pelini will never step foot as a NU coach again. He hates the prick just like I do.

There are a lot of coaches out there that have positive but bring liabilities. Look at Saban. He brings a lot of liabilities as well such as after having some success will he stay? Does he jump back into the NFL arena? Jimmy Johnson. Every college he's coached at has ended up on probation after he leaves.

IMO, our next coach will be hired as a gamble. If BC is let go before his contract expires, I don't think we have the resources to go out and get a 2+ million dollar a year coach. We're going to have to take a chance on some young aspiring coach out there. Personally, I think we have to lose enough games this year to not make a bowl before BC has any worry about not returning next year as HC. I do think pressure will be applied and some assistants will be fired. IMO, it feels like de ja vu!

Looks like Junior4949 was very prophetic about how it could happen.

Every other thread on this board, every Husker blog and every other Husker website, all I see is the name Bo Pelini.

Sorry fans, that ship has sailed.

We could offer him Saban type money and he still won't come back to Nebraska.

It ain't happening folks.

Put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company and get passed over for a promotion and you get pissed and leave for another job. A couple years later, your old company comes back and tries to hire you again, for that same job you weren't good enough for a couple of years before. First thing you do is laugh right in their face and that's exactly what Bo would do.

But the offer to Bo ain't coming.

HE AIN"T COMING BACK. GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. ALL IS WELL.

now, go get Dan McCarney as our new DC starting after South Florida's bowl game.

Is CROW better with salt, pepper or both???

way to resurrect a thread that died months ago!

If they did'nt want threads resurrected here they would have deleted them. It does hold some people accountable for rumors and other's for over reactions.

Some of the stuff funny if you go back and read how many people loved that Pelini hired Callahan and the great hire of Kevin Cosgrove.

Haha! I just read this whole thread right quick, the creator of this thread probably needs a hug right about now.

:nutz

When Stevie P got the axe, all bets were off. :)

Definitely! That's what i was trying to get at in my first post in this thread :) This really wasn't to poke fun because you were 100% right! Bo woudln't have worked for Pud and Pud wouldn't have invited him back. What I really thought was funny was the prediction of TO as AD and subsequent predictions that TO would never hire Bo... even then... not really poking fun, just thinking it's pretty dang ol' funny, man, how things change and how even the most adamant can be wrong... maybe even Adam Ant can be wrong.