Bo Pelini, he ain't coming back

Every other thread on this board, every Husker blog and every other Husker website, all I see is the name Bo Pelini.

Sorry fans, that ship has sailed.

We could offer him Saban type money and he still won't come back to Nebraska.

It ain't happening folks.

Put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company and get passed over for a promotion and you get pissed and leave for another job. A couple years later, your old company comes back and tries to hire you again, for that same job you weren't good enough for a couple of years before. First thing you do is laugh right in their face and that's exactly what Bo would do.

But the offer to Bo ain't coming.

HE AIN"T COMING BACK. GET OVER IT. MOVE ON. NOTHING TO SEE HERE. ALL IS WELL.

now, go get Dan McCarney as our new DC starting after South Florida's bowl game.

Every other thread on this board, every Husker blog and every other Husker website, all I see is the name Bo Pelini.

Put yourself in his shoes. You work for a company and get passed over for a promotion and you get pissed and leave for another job. A couple years later, your old company comes back and tries to hire you again, for that same job you weren't good enough for a couple of years before. First thing you do is laugh right in their face and that's exactly what Bo would do.

now, go get Dan McCarney as our new DC starting after South Florida's bowl game.

Bo Pelini is a classless turd who would embarrass NU by language/actions - much more than BC ever has with his.

For all his positives as a DC, he brings a lot of liabilites as a HC.

Bo Pelini is a classless turd who would embarrass NU by language/actions - much more than BC ever has with his.

A throat slash gesture and then lying about it? Calling opposing team fan's flippin hillbillies? OK, Pelini called out Snyder. Was it the right thing to do? No, but neither was BC's actions and then having the gall to lie about it even though he was caught on camera doing it.

For the record, Pelini I'm sure would come back to NU. In order for this to happen, Pud would first have to be fired. Let's say TO would be named AD and asked Pelini to come take over the program. I think he'd jump at the opportunity. As long as Pud's in charge, Pelini will never step foot as a NU coach again. He hates the prick just like I do.

There are a lot of coaches out there that have positive but bring liabilities. Look at Saban. He brings a lot of liabilities as well such as after having some success will he stay? Does he jump back into the NFL arena? Jimmy Johnson. Every college he's coached at has ended up on probation after he leaves.

IMO, our next coach will be hired as a gamble. If BC is let go before his contract expires, I don't think we have the resources to go out and get a 2+ million dollar a year coach. We're going to have to take a chance on some young aspiring coach out there. Personally, I think we have to lose enough games this year to not make a bowl before BC has any worry about not returning next year as HC. I do think pressure will be applied and some assistants will be fired. IMO, it feels like de ja vu!

What is with the obsession to get Dan McCarney as a DC. I guess I just dont see it as a good move.

Thank god, finally someone with some sanity. I also have wondered about this obsessive hard-on everyone has for Mac. I went to ISU and it was miserable to watch him coach a game. He was way to predictable and was an apologist with no fire. The only reason people have a hard-on for this guy is the instant success he is having at USF. Everyone needs to wake up and realize they guy walked into a perfect position. I would say 80% of his success has to do with the type of athletes that are there, not his actual coaching ability. Lay this egg to rest. Maybe we could get Gene Chizik as our DC, afterall he has his own coin. :sarcasm:lol:

A throat slash gesture and then lying about it? Calling opposing team fan's flippin hillbillies? OK, Pelini called out Snyder. Was it the right thing to do? No, but neither was BC's actions and then having the gall to lie about it even though he was caught on camera doing it.

For the record, Pelini I'm sure would come back to NU. In order for this to happen, Pud would first have to be fired. Let's say TO would be named AD and asked Pelini to come take over the program. I think he'd jump at the opportunity. As long as Pud's in charge, Pelini will never step foot as a NU coach again. He hates the prick just like I do.

There are a lot of coaches out there that have positive but bring liabilities. Look at Saban. He brings a lot of liabilities as well such as after having some success will he stay? Does he jump back into the NFL arena? Jimmy Johnson. Every college he's coached at has ended up on probation after he leaves.

IMO, our next coach will be hired as a gamble. If BC is let go before his contract expires, I don't think we have the resources to go out and get a 2+ million dollar a year coach. We're going to have to take a chance on some young aspiring coach out there. Personally, I think we have to lose enough games this year to not make a bowl before BC has any worry about not returning next year as HC. I do think pressure will be applied and some assistants will be fired. IMO, it feels like de ja vu!

TO Would NEVER consider Bo Pelini. Why? No character. No class.

BC has had his indescretions - never denied that. However, I think Pelini would do much worse. Think of a bad soundbite from coaches you hear on the talk shows... Pelini probably would wind up having at least one.

I would never want Pellini here. He has no head coach experience. That kind of stuff can happen at Iowa State, not here. And you see what happens when you hire a guy with just two years of HC experience (after getting fired in the NFL).

I would never want Pellini here. He has no head coach experience. That kind of stuff can happen at Iowa State, not here. And you see what happens when you hire a guy with just two years of HC experience (after getting fired in the NFL).

Neither did Tom Osborne.

Neither did Tom Osborne.

:rollin

What is with the obsession to get Dan McCarney as a DC. I guess I just dont see it as a good move.

Do yourself a favor and find the article that was in the Omaha World Herald earlier this week. As a matter of fact, I'll post it my self

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10153182

McCarney brings passion to the game and that seems to be lacking on this team.

Does anyone really, really think that Callahan was making the throat slash at the official. Come on we all know he was telling him he was cutting his "own" throat by that call. It just made better news to say he intended it for the ref. That stuff sells, makes great TV clips and headlines, that's all.

GBR!!!

That's a reasonable argument that Pelini may not had been ready to be a head coach four years ago -- I don't know for sure one way or another. But just having one year of college experience, there is certainly room for debate on the subject. But that doesn't mean he isn't ready now. If Ped is gone and the A.D. is someone Pelini likes, that could change things, but that is way pre-mature right now.

Dan McCarney had very little to work with at ISU. Considering that, I think he did well with limited talent. But whether he was or wasn't a good HC, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent DC. A lot of good coordinators are not fit to be HCs. So you can't really compare the two positions. So sure, it's possible that Dan McCarney could be an excellent DC and Pelini a lousy HC. Who knows? It's a guessing game.