Players voting Callahan OUT!

rkhufu7

The spread is workable or at least simplify the WCO. Nowadays to even run a pure option offense means getting creamed by the better squads out there that we will have to go through if we want to get back to the top. Gotta have a balance of pass and run in today's football world.

I agree the base option and the WCO IMO are both dead. Run some type of hybrid of the option or just go to the spread and I think we are good. :thumbs

When did the option die? It is alive and well in the zone read! 1999 NU was the best team in the nation! 2001 they lost in the title game. 2003 they go 10-3 with sub-par talent, yet the option is dead? If we had talent Solich would still be here, he could not recruit! NU was becoming the Big Red Service Academy at Lincoln. The option never died, Pederson just descided to can it, but IT canned him!

When did the option die? It is alive and well in the zone read! 1999 NU was the best team in the nation! 2001 they lost in the title game. 2003 they go 10-3 with sub-par talent, yet the option is dead? If we had talent Solich would still be here, he could not recruit! NU was becoming the Big Red Service Academy at Lincoln. The option never died, Pederson just descided to can it, but IT canned him!

That's the thing, though. You have Eric Crouch running the option, which is pretty freakish. The guy was ridiculously talented and the chances of us getting another guy like him are pretty small.

Crouch ran the ball far more than Frazier or Frost. The offense was a power-I with some option. Solich turned it into and option offense. Note that the I-back was the star under Osborne, under Solich it became the QB and we never got the top RBs anymore. VY, Ell Roberson III, Brad Smith, Bobby Reid, Tebow... are just some of the top QBs that could have played at NU if we modernize our offense with some spread and less QB runs and more passing. The option makes the defense defense 6, not just 5.

Steve Sarkisian.

Yes because aside from the NU game the USC offense being led by this guy has been ripping everyone apart. :wacko:

If I'm not mistaken since Chow left this dude has been taking most of the USC blame when it comes to losses.

Of which there have been three. Losses I mean. So he must suck.

That's fine if you want NU to hire a coach that a lot of the fanbase at the school he coaches at now question his abilities that is fine. Sorry but this guys offenses the last two years having been killing people. How many points did they score against UCLA last year? Did you watch that awesome performance yesterday or the one they put on last week. Bring that guy in tomorrow. I guess though he helped them beat us twice so he is the greatest.

Convienently leaving off a Rose Bowl victory too I see.

I know a DC that helped win a few Rose Bowls and was criticzed by the fanbase of the team that he helped lead to those Rose Bowl wins kind of like the OC at USC. Now he is our DC and nobody wants him. Winning the Rose Bowl doesn't equal success.

So, Cosgrove winning a Rose Bowl when the arguably the best RB in the history of college football was on the other side of the ball against perhaps the worst PAC-10 team in the history of the Rose Bowl is the same as last year? Wow.

Anyways, this is getting waaaay out of hand. Truce.

Steve Sarkisian.

Yes because aside from the NU game the USC offense being led by this guy has been ripping everyone apart. :wacko:

If I'm not mistaken since Chow left this dude has been taking most of the USC blame when it comes to losses.

Actually you are mistaken. The guy who got all the blame last year was OC Lane Kiffen, current coach of the Raiders. Sarkisian is the new OC.

USC played last week with only ONE starter playing on the OL. As Pete Carroll said, "We are playing backup's backups". Also, the starting quarterback was out, and the running back that ripped NU was out.

Thats not counting having starters on defense not playing.

The winning touchdown by Stanford was against our 4th string Dback.

The guy you Huskers sent to the hospital still hasn't played again.

I have never seen a team decimated by this many injuries.

Knowledgeable fans know the OC can't be blamed for not being able to field a healthy team.