Sign the Hire Osborne Petition

I'm not too keen on TO's hiring ability, wasn't it his idea to make Frank Solich Head Coach? In that sense he too is partially responsible for the mess we're in now.

Whatever.

From Urban Dictionary.com :

1. Whatever

Used in an argument to admit that you are wrong without admitting it so the argument is over.

First I should say I can't take credit for that Pederson timeline. I received it via an email fwd so the creator is anonymous until someone steps fwd. And yes, you should take those with a grain - they are obviously slanted towards knocking the Ped down, but afterall the dood makes it pretty easy.

2) If anyone wants to help me put together a short list of tangible reasons why you think TO would make a great AD, I'll list those on the site as well to make it more positive.

3) I hear what you guys are saying about TO not wanting the gig b/c of spending more time with fam etc. - but think about it this way - if he had it his way he would currently still be in politics, which is a lot more demanding than an AD job. Nebraska is his passion & livelihood. If he were asked to help restore something he loves nearly as much as his family, I think he would be all N, with some conditions. One would probably be that he has an associate AD that he grooms for the job, like a couple others suggested. I think he would be all for this approach - it's the best of both worlds - we get TOs knowledge and "iconic figurehead" benefits, and he gets to do something he loves and stay near family.

And dont forget he would be following in the footsteps of his mentor, a one BOBFATHER...

There was always the rumor that He wanted the AD job after he was finished coaching he probably would have hung it up before he did if he could have goten the job.

I really don't know how reliabe this source is, but my friend rarely tells me lies...anyway, he's a bartender out at Wilderness Ridge, and said something about coach Osborne being out there this summer, and someone saying something to him about how he should be more involved...apparently, his response was, "give it a little time," or something like that...

I'm not sure a the validity of this, but he's told me things before that I have questioned, only later to find them true...

I'm not saying your friend lied to you, but I just don't see TO fratinizing at a bar. It would surprise me if alcohol has ever even touched his lips.