List of replacements for Callahan

I like Jim Leavitt, but I don't see him leaving USF. He's had opportunities to leave for big money at big time programs, but has stayed with the Bulls because it's *his* program. He's the only coach that team has ever had. He started the program from nothing, and he has unflinching loyalty to the program. I appears that the money doesn't matter that much to him. He's making decent money at USF, and I don't think he'd trade a fatter paycheck for the intangible benefits that he has now. That's not to say that I wouldn't try to get him if I were in charge of the search, but I wouldn't hold my breath, either.

I tend to be more interested in a current, successful coordinator at a big time program rather than I am in an established head coach. A key reason is that coordinators don't have formidable buyout clauses in their contracts, but also I think they're often hungrier and more anxious to prove themselves. My list would include, in no particular order, Bo Pelini (DC@LSU), Wil Muschamp (DC@AU), Jimbo Fisher (OC@FSU), Charlie Strong (DC@UFL), Brent Venables (DC@OU), Gary Crowton (OC@LSU). I also like Ed Orgeron, HC at Ole Miss. He hasn't had much success there, but I don't think that's a fair indication of his abilities - I don't think anyone would be successful there.

Realistically how can they fire BC and then afford to pay for two HC's and a new staff???

If I was a rich booster I would pay BC's contract if they hired a new coach!!!!!

it's been said...over and over and over and over and over....

if the money is needed to buy out the coaching staff and administration, the money is there...

Sokol, Hawks, Buffet....whoever...

If you mean Warren Buffet then you're dreaming! LOL. He's got far better things to give his money to. I go to UNMC and he doesn't even donate to us there. If it's another Buffet then I'm sorry for my sarcasm.

Realistically how can they fire BC and then afford to pay for two HC's and a new staff???

If I was a rich booster I would pay BC's contract if they hired a new coach!!!!!

if the money is needed to buy out the coaching staff and administration, the money is there...

If you mean Warren Buffet then you're dreaming! LOL. He's got far better things to give his money to. I go to UNMC and he doesn't even donate to us there. If it's another Buffet then I'm sorry for my sarcasm.

I realize that your post has some validity...but the money does exist...now...

if you go to UNMC, please tell us, how hot is Tommy Lee's hot tutor? I hear she's single now...care to snap a few cell pics?

Pederson will be gone - Perlman has heard enough from the boosters, who nearly all want Pedey gone. There has NEVER been a person in our athletic department that caused such hatred, and Perlman has to be smart enough to realize that. I firmly believe Pedey, Callahan, and all of the assistants will be gone the Saturday after Colorado.

Pelini is the natural choice - he LOVED it at Nebraska when he was here, and he'd come back in a minute if Pedey was gone. Especially if he had the top job. Fill in his staff with a few former Huskers, and give TO the AD job and we are set. The talent level is here - all we need is a motivator and some decent technical people to allow this talent to excel. The Pelini transition would be the smoothest possible since he already knows what it means to be a Husker, he knows that Pedey has ruined this program, and he knows football and defense specifically. His defense will keep us in every game next year.

I realize that your post has some validity...but the money does exist...now...

if you go to UNMC, please tell us, how hot is Tommy Lee's hot tutor? I hear she's single now...care to snap a few cell pics?

I see her in the weight room from time to time. She has black hair now....Not diggin that. She is available yes, has been for some time now. Very nice girl also which is an added bonus!

The reason I am against Gill is because some of the players that everyone on here loves from the NC days told me he'd be a horrible coach because he's extremely lazy. He was the last to show up to practice and the first to leave. I always figured he's be the man in waiting after TO retired because he was the youngest, but even TO didn't have the confidence in him. It would be interesting if TO was hired as AD to see if he'd even give Gill a look. I'm strictly basing my not wanting him as our next HC from what past players told me about him when they were playing.

That's interesting... If Gill does that, he'd be going against how he claims to model himself after TO. And, if true, he'd be off my list.

Pederson will be gone - Perlman has heard enough from the boosters, who nearly all want Pedey gone. There has NEVER been a person in our athletic department that caused such hatred, and Perlman has to be smart enough to realize that. I firmly believe Pedey, Callahan, and all of the assistants will be gone the Saturday after Colorado.

Pelini is the natural choice - he LOVED it at Nebraska when he was here, and he'd come back in a minute if Pedey was gone. Especially if he had the top job. Fill in his staff with a few former Huskers, and give TO the AD job and we are set. The talent level is here - all we need is a motivator and some decent technical people to allow this talent to excel. The Pelini transition would be the smoothest possible since he already knows what it means to be a Husker, he knows that Pedey has ruined this program, and he knows football and defense specifically. His defense will keep us in every game next year.

Amen! Start all of the covert talks NOW, so that BP has his new direction set by the end of the season... before others come calling to give him his first HC opportunity!

The reason I am against Gill is because some of the players that everyone on here loves from the NC days told me he'd be a horrible coach because he's extremely lazy. He was the last to show up to practice and the first to leave. I always figured he's be the man in waiting after TO retired because he was the youngest, but even TO didn't have the confidence in him. It would be interesting if TO was hired as AD to see if he'd even give Gill a look. I'm strictly basing my not wanting him as our next HC from what past players told me about him when they were playing.

It would be unfair to disqualify a man for behavior that occurred almost 25 years ago when he was much younger.

Even if the above is true, maybe he has matured, grown up and become a better man. While a cautious approach may be needed, it would be nice to see him interviewed (for real).

Oh and according to my buddies at USC, Norm Chow is waiting for Petey C. to leave so he can assume the Trojan throne.

Why Wil Muschamp? The DC at Auburn for their 13-0 team was Chizik at ISU. Why are you calling for SEC coaches, when your recruiting base is Texas, California and Mid-west? You need a guy that understands this. Pellini is has no charisma. Leavitt is the dream guy.

I like him because he was Nick Saban's DC at LSU and for Saban's first year with the Dolphins. He left the Dolphins to take his current position at AU. He's not necessarily my top choice, but he is an easy top-5 contender in my book. Also, I think you're overstating the impact that a coach's current region has on his ability to recruit. A good coach (with a good staff) can recruit anywhere. It's all about selling his vision for the program to the kids.

I think that if Pederson was gone or swallowed his pride and offered Pelini a big contract Bo would be willing to come back. I think he is the best defensive mind out there and he is firey and will get teh kids to play. He did in the bowl game against Mich. St. when the kids could have folded after there coach just got canned. Pelini is my top pick for sure. He just needs a chance at a head coaching job!

Also, Leavitt would maybe bring Dan McCarney with him and McCarney is a guy I think is suited for the DC position and not a head coach. He's done well as DC before.

Just come thoughts. anyone agree?

Hate to break it to you folks...BUT USF is a better gig than Nebraska right now! Way more talent, bigger player pool, great weather....and the list goes on and on!!!

It's apparent that we need a players coach/motivator, no more NFL types...I would like Muschamp from Auburn, Patterson from TCU or Charlie Strong from Florida (talk about a guy WAY under the radar!!!)

If you missed the trend, young, aggressive, D-Coordinators!!! The more I read about Strong, the more I want him....PLUS he has ties to alot of talent in the Sunshine State!!!!

we need some1 that knoes the NEBRASKA FOOTBALL TRADITION and i really mean that we are gonna be out of the top 25 after this season again ,atleast when solich was the head coach we stayed in the top 25 and what not BEATIN by like 50 points like texas tech did 2 us a few years ago i think they should contact BP and ask him if he wants the job in rebuilding the program from scratch and puttin it back 2 where it needs 2 be