PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

When Coach Solich was fired I had very very inside information. But that person has left the program. I speak with a few of the larger boosters. This comes from one in Texas and South Dakota.

But I am led to belive that there is more to it than what is being told. There is some sort of skeleton in the Pederson closet that is going to come out and they want to be as far from it as possible. I am not being told what that is. And there are several large boosters that have threatened to pull their regular donations if this change was not made.

There is more to this than we are being led to believe I think.

I just hope that whatever skeleton may or may not be in the closet doesn't somehow provoke NCAA sanctions. This is the worst possible thing that could happen right now. If we somehow are looking at violations and probable sanctions, we'll be lucky if we can get anyone to come here to coach next year.

I believe it's a dating scandal. I don't think that would provoke NCAA sanctions.

I hope we keep Watson as well but he is a coordinator for a west coast style offense and Pelini said that he would want to run a mix of run and pass with an emphasis on the power running game so I doubt if pelini would even keep him. I also hope that we keep Wyatt and Bush too, Wyatt is the only one who seems to be excited to be here and Busch is a damn good recruiter. This would result in us losing Gabbert and him going to Mizzou probably but with Pelini coming I dont think we have to worry about losing any defensive commits. This is if Pelini comes here of course, and this is fact.

Good post!

Wyatt has energy coming out of his ears as does Busch. As you mentioned, Busch is also a terrific recruiter and a Nebraska guy to boot.

If indeed Bo comes back Husker Nation will explode with excitment.

Excellent stuff skers. Thanks.

All of this might be good and all, but until we actually see this happen, it's all propaganda. Osborn has already stated no coach is leaving until the end of the season. If he is a man of integrity like evryone says, then that is the final word. Everyone on here is all hyped up over what might not happen anyway. I read all the posts, but find it hard to believe that these supposed sources are being completely honest. I won't buy into it until I see with my own eyes. Not putting I Bleed Red down, he does put some good stuff on here to make people think of the possibilities, but I wouldn't put my house on the market and move to Lincoln just on words. :woo

When Coach Solich was fired I had very very inside information. But that person has left the program. I speak with a few of the larger boosters. This comes from one in Texas and South Dakota.

But I am led to belive that there is more to it than what is being told. There is some sort of skeleton in the Pederson closet that is going to come out and they want to be as far from it as possible. I am not being told what that is. And there are several large boosters that have threatened to pull their regular donations if this change was not made.

There is more to this than we are being led to believe I think.

I just hope that whatever skeleton may or may not be in the closet doesn't somehow provoke NCAA sanctions. This is the worst possible thing that could happen right now. If we somehow are looking at violations and probable sanctions, we'll be lucky if we can get anyone to come here to coach next year.

I believe it's a dating scandal. I don't think that would provoke NCAA sanctions.

Internet Dating at HIS age?

i agree with what you say about the next 2 games.. but COMPLETELY disagree with a 6 win nebraska team not getting a bowl invite.. fans travel to well to not get an invite.. especially a small bowl would want to jump on the huskers asap.. ie. shreveport for independence again, or tempe for the insight? that is IF we get to 6 wins.. not likely but possible

The team could do the honorable thing and decline any invite for a 6-win season, but that'd be like guving up your blackshirts for poor play.

That is about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time from a Husker fan. There are many many reasons to play a bowl game besides the obvious which has to do with reward for a season well played. If we have the opportunity to build PT for some players and get exposure nationally, who cares what the 'honorable' thing is to do. It's not even about 'honorable' If we get an invite...we go and any AD who turns down an invite should be immediately fired. Ridiculous statement.

How about a different BP... Bobby Patrino. If I was him I'd be looking for my first chance out of Atlanta.

I have heard Petrino would leave also if given a great college team.....Like Michigan, or LSU if Miles leaves. he will demand $4MIL/year. Out of our league.

If the boosters come up with $40 mil to run Pederson and Callahan out of town then they won't have any trouble coming up with 3.5-4 million to get the right guy.

Personally, I'm on the Pellini bandwagon. Should have been the coach in the first place!

SUPERBUNNY

I'm not sure about Petrino as HC. His loyalties seem to be along the same vein as Saban lately.

Brohm comes back for his senior season and he leaves him hanging. Nice job coach. :thumbs

How is that honorable?

I just can't understand why turning down a bowl game is "honorable". The players get to go play another game, the AD get's some cash dollars, the fans get to watch another game.. All good things!

i agree with what you say about the next 2 games.. but COMPLETELY disagree with a 6 win nebraska team not getting a bowl invite.. fans travel to well to not get an invite.. especially a small bowl would want to jump on the huskers asap.. ie. shreveport for independence again, or tempe for the insight? that is IF we get to 6 wins.. not likely but possible

The team could do the honorable thing and decline any invite for a 6-win season, but that'd be like giving up your blackshirts for poor play.

That is about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time from a Husker fan. There are many many reasons to play a bowl game besides the obvious which has to do with reward for a season well played. If we have the opportunity to build PT for some players and get exposure nationally, who cares what the 'honorable' thing is to do. It's not even about 'honorable' If we get an invite...we go and any AD who turns down an invite should be immediately fired. Ridiculous statement.

I may have been a little harsh, but did we suddenly all wake up in the Pac-10 conference? Or worse, become Notre Lame?

I know I've lived out of state for 17 years, but I can't believe the Program has "Dropped down BELOW Mediocrity" enough to consider 6 wins a "well played" season.

I know..(X2) Financially it doesn't make sense not to go..although we probably don't break even in a December Bowl..and it's usually beneficial to have the extra practice time (Although maybe with these coaches, the less time with them the better). :dunno

How many of you (Especially Recruits) lose all respect for Notre Dame each year they're invited to go bowling with a 6-win season? Especially when they lose big in that 'Lil Bitty Bowl?

My memory isn't as good as I'd like, but it wasn't that long ago where the team almost voted down a Bowl invite after an 8-win season..'Cause it just wasn't up to our standards. (I'm not positive it was 8 or 9 wins, but I'm rememberin' 8 today) :hmmph

I could almost see if the two wins came at the end of the season after a wholesale coaching change "causing" the turnaround...Then yeah go..Just for the extra experience..

But if we're still getting "beat like a kid at Kmart" (to quote Johnny Rodgers) and still squeaking out 2 wins and keeping the same coaching staff..Why humiliate them any more?

My memory isn't as good as I'd like, but it wasn't that long ago where the team almost voted down a Bowl invite after an 8-win season..'Cause it just wasn't up to our standards. (I'm not positive it was 8 or 9 wins, but I'm rememberin' 8 today
)

It was probably the year they went 7-7 since that was the lowest win total, and the rest have all been 9 or higher until this regime came in to take us out of mediocrity.

My memory isn't as good as I'd like, but it wasn't that long ago where the team almost voted down a Bowl invite after an 8-win season..'Cause it just wasn't up to our standards. (I'm not positive it was 8 or 9 wins, but I'm rememberin' 8 today
)

It was probably the year they went 7-7 since that was the lowest win total, and the rest have all been 9 or higher until this regime came in to take us out of mediocrity.

You might be right..For some reason, now I'm remembering it being one of Ozzys teams in the late '80s or early '90s ...although a 9-win season doesn't seem bad enough to have a team vote over.

Edit.. :woo Post #1001..I'm no longer a "Redshirt" <_< That used to be bad.