Dan Cook

The rest of the country is already criticizing Perlman for caving to the demands of the big money donors. In reality, I think this decision will turn out to be more divisive among the donors than we really thought it would be.

You should hear the sh#t they are saying on 810 AM in Kansas City.

They can say what they want, but what Perlman said pretty much confirms all the rumors that have been coming out of the athletic department. That Pederson's personal skills are terrible, he made many bad decisions, and was simply doing more harm than good for NU athletics overall. He was fired, and rightly so, for those reasons.

From journalstar.com

Furious words from Dan Cook

Well, here’s one big donor who isn’t happy about the ax given to Steve Pederson.

Dan Cook said the University of Nebraska-Lincoln isn’t going to get another cent from him.

The 72-year-old’s family name adorns the Cook Pavilion practice field on campus.

He was infuriated about Monday's dismissal of Pederson.

“I know 99 percent of people are just elated,” Cook said. “I wish Nebraska nothing but the best. But they ain’t going to have me around. If they want to take my name off the building or take my plaque down, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I could care less. I don’t have time to go through the misery of people who make dumb mistakes.”

Wow, I guess NU loses one and gains a few

From journalstar.com

Furious words from Dan Cook

Well, here’s one big donor who isn’t happy about the ax given to Steve Pederson.

Dan Cook said the University of Nebraska-Lincoln isn’t going to get another cent from him.

The 72-year-old’s family name adorns the Cook Pavilion practice field on campus.

He was infuriated about Monday's dismissal of Pederson.

“I know 99 percent of people are just elated,” Cook said. “I wish Nebraska nothing but the best. But they ain’t going to have me around. If they want to take my name off the building or take my plaque down, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I could care less. I don’t have time to go through the misery of people who make dumb mistakes.”

Wow, I guess NU loses one and gains a few

I'M A MAN!!! I'M SEVENTY-TWO!!!

Guess it's all about Cook & what he wants. Heh.. kind of a selfish pavillion if you ask me.

If anyone knows any athletic staff at the University, ask them their personal opinion of Pederson. They all think he's an ass which is evident by the people under him who have left BECAUSE OF HIM. This won't hurt the U at all. Cook can go fly a kite and go back Pederson at his new school (like anyone will hire him now). This WAS the right decision.

You take this same problem to any school in the country and their fans would do the exact same thing. They can criticize all they want to now but this will make us stronger in the end. We needed something to bring this school back together as there are many still split over the Solich firing. I think we all (except Cook) agree on this so look at it this way.....

ALL HUSKER FANS ARE IN AGREEMENT ONCE MORE!!!! (sing Kum Ba Yah here)

anyone know who the top donors are at the school? Was Cook one of them? I don't really know who the University turns to when they need money. I know everyone here says they could care less...but in a time like this where we're going to have to start buying out people's contracts, I think money is going to be a good thing to have.

Is Warren Buffet a donor too?

The rest of the country is already criticizing Perlman for caving to the demands of the big money donors. In reality, I think this decision will turn out to be more divisive among the donors than we really thought it would be.

You should hear the sh#t they are saying on 810 AM in Kansas City.

Where do you get your information about the rest of the country is criticizing this besides a Missouri radio station that none of us care about. Have you looked at ESPN, SI.com or any national news.

There are several out already saying that it was over due and that more changes are needed and on the way.

I don't care what anyone says... Perlman didn't just decide to fire him on his own last week, this past weekend or this morning. He just gave the guy an extension 2 months ago. He had his this forced apon him in some way, and my guess is that it was by the boosters first, then the Alumni and then the fans.

All I know is that it was long overdue!

anyone know who the top donors are at the school? Was Cook one of them? I don't really know who the University turns to when they need money. I know everyone here says they could care less...but in a time like this where we're going to have to start buying out people's contracts, I think money is going to be a good thing to have.

Is Warren Buffet a donor too?

I had heard that Buffett was giving around $40 million a year to the university and it quit a year ago. He had said that he would resume the $$$ which explains why they can buyout the contracts. Also involved were Walter Scott and David Sokol who all have worlds more money than Dan Cook.

There are more than enough rich Husker fans to take the place of a whiny old egomaniac like Cook.