Dan Cook

From journalstar.com

Furious words from Dan Cook

Well, here’s one big donor who isn’t happy about the ax given to Steve Pederson.

Dan Cook said the University of Nebraska-Lincoln isn’t going to get another cent from him.

The 72-year-old’s family name adorns the Cook Pavilion practice field on campus.

He was infuriated about Monday's dismissal of Pederson.

“I know 99 percent of people are just elated,” Cook said. “I wish Nebraska nothing but the best. But they ain’t going to have me around. If they want to take my name off the building or take my plaque down, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I could care less. I don’t have time to go through the misery of people who make dumb mistakes.”

From journalstar.com

Furious words from Dan Cook

Well, here’s one big donor who isn’t happy about the ax given to Steve Pederson.

Dan Cook said the University of Nebraska-Lincoln isn’t going to get another cent from him.

The 72-year-old’s family name adorns the Cook Pavilion practice field on campus.

He was infuriated about Monday's dismissal of Pederson.

“I know 99 percent of people are just elated,” Cook said. “I wish Nebraska nothing but the best. But they ain’t going to have me around. If they want to take my name off the building or take my plaque down, I don’t give a rat’s ass. I could care less. I don’t have time to go through the misery of people who make dumb mistakes.”

I guess he liked being embarrassed and humiliated every week. Don't even worry about it, when we turn things around, him and his money will be back!

Cook and SP are friends, which is why Cook is angry. If his friendship with SP is more important than the success of the football program, I don't want his dirty money. He'd be the only booster left after this season if we didn't do something. Just goes to show you that people will put friendships ahead of common sense.

Agree and Callahan is guilty of the same thing. Holding on to his buddy when he knew he needed to fire him!

I guess from Cook's point of view, it is ok that our team is getting humiliated, as long as his friend has a job.

Perlman said the main reason for asking for Steve's resignation was his management style. I believe that 100%. I seriously believe that grass roots efforts did Pederson in. :bonez

(BTW...I am a Chancellors Club donor)