Congratulations Huskers

As another life-long Sooner fan, I echo everything SoonerFan46 has had to say in this thread, including most of all the respect I have always had for Nebraska.

We down here in Sooner Nation went through the same thing you good folks are going through now back in the nineties, including, at the end, a version of what happened up your way today.

Here's hoping that the events that occurred today are just the start of good things to come for your team on the way back to national prominence, and that one day the nationwide College Football rankings will again look like they truly should in any given year:

Oklahoma #1

Nebraska #2

Sincerely, -JTG

Growing up in the 80's, my favorite Saturday of the year was OU vs. NU. Loooooooved those games!

It was the game of the year, every year for me. It was special because it was on Thanksgiving, and nationally televised. Man, those times were special.

TempleAgg, I hope you have a great time in Norman on the 3rd. I wish the Aggies well for the rest of the season; they too are a team that I hold in high regard, right behind Nebraska. Kyle Field is an awesome venue, on of the great stadiums in college football.

Us Okies have a special bond with Husker fans because of our history, and the way Nebraskans have always been gracious hosts and guests, regardless if its win or lose.

You know, I sound like some bleeding heart. But it IS important to me and I have a great deal of respect for you guys (and gals!). I'm 46, and remember the good old days and hope that it returns, at least in terms of Nebraska getting the respect that it deserves. Sorry to be so teary eyed but I love the Big 8 days and our Thanksgiving Day games. Can anyone blame me?

It was when times were good. I know change happens, but why can't we change back?

I look forward to the rebirth of Nebraska football.

I don't think I felt like this since Brian Bozworth complained about Doug DuBose jumping up after getting creamed and patting Boz on the helmet and telling him, "Nice Hit".

You must've been 10 at the "Game Of The Century"..I was 11.

It's funny, talking to my Wife (Buckeye37) about the hatred between her old school and Mechicken and telling her how "We are above that" with you guys.

I'll admit I enjoyed One or Two of your seasons under Gibbs, but I didn't want to see you guys suffer any longer and have been glad to see you get back up.

Boomer Scooner, Gig 'Em, and GBR!

:woo

Growing up in the 80's, my favorite Saturday of the year was OU vs. NU. Loooooooved those games!

For me it was always Thanksgiving Day. Our whole family..grandparent, aunts, uncles , cousins...everybody had Thanksgiving Dinner together and watched the game on TV. The Huskers and Sooners were both very much part of the family then.

Now most of the older folk are deceased, cousins have all had their own families and many have moved away. But that was our time.

NU/OU. Thanksgiving day. Back when the universe was pure and right.