News I have heard concerning what happened today

I am guessing that there will be a lot of rumors/facts coming out as the weeks go by. This is going to be a ride for sure. I do not doubt you or your sources but beware some people are gun shy and may not believe this. Hell i don't know if I believe it or not. Wouldn't tey need LSU's permision to even talk to him?

The NCAA actually has no rule that forbids contacting coaches during the season. However, ADs typically don't do it. Rather, they hire a search firm, and that firm puts out "feelers" to coaches' agents. That allows the coach to say, "I haven't been contacted" or "I haven't spoken with..." and the AD to say, "I haven't contacted anyone".

Somewhat silly, but it helps reduce the kind of "bad feelings" that can come from so-called "poaching".

Absolutely correct, they will likely employ a search team first for an AD and then for a coach. If they come to terms on an AD soon then they will search for a coach but NO coach will be hired without a new AD and a search committee is always the first step.

I am guessing that there will be a lot of rumors/facts coming out as the weeks go by. This is going to be a ride for sure. I do not doubt you or your sources but beware some people are gun shy and may not believe this. Hell i don't know if I believe it or not. Wouldn't tey need LSU's permision to even talk to him?

The NCAA actually has no rule that forbids contacting coaches during the season. However, ADs typically don't do it. Rather, they hire a search firm, and that firm puts out "feelers" to coaches' agents. That allows the coach to say, "I haven't been contacted" or "I haven't spoken with..." and the AD to say, "I haven't contacted anyone".

Somewhat silly, but it helps reduce the kind of "bad feelings" that can come from so-called "poaching".

Absolutely correct, they will likely employ a search team first for an AD and then for a coach. If they come to terms on an AD soon then they will search for a coach but NO coach will be hired without a new AD and a search committee is always the first step.

Just asking, could it be possible they have the AD,interim or permenant, thing figured out and just not saying anything, wanting to cool the flames from letting Pedey go. And so since they have that figured out they are looking at HC??????????

Just asking, could it be possible they have the AD,interim or permenant, thing figured out and just not saying anything, wanting to cool the flames from letting Pedey go. And so since they have that figured out they are looking at HC??????????

from what i understand the whole idea was to fire pederson and let osborne step in as the interim AD let him train someone else for the job (Dave Rimmington is a name ive heard but dont understand why they would go with someone who has no expirence...have no clue though) then give callahan and friends the axe at the end of the year

Dave Remington is a HUSKER and has lots of management experience and is likeable.

dont get me wrong i would love to have a generally good person with a great husker name such as Dave Rimmington be there i just dont know how much experience he has as far as being an AD would go...but i spose maybe just being involved with the university and sports is enough who knows

oooh ooh oooh. Did he buy a house yet or sign up for cable?!?!?!

gimme a friggin break. All these people coming out of the woodwork with the "inside scoop". How many people had "inside scoops" when Callahan was hired? Here we go again.

YAWN.

oooh ooh oooh. Did he buy a house yet or sign up for cable?!?!?!

gimme a friggin break. All these people coming out of the woodwork with the "inside scoop". How many people had "inside scoops" when Callahan was hired? Here we go again.

YAWN.

:yeah

Lets just wait and see what happens