Bill Callahan is 100% gone in 3 days or less

I don't think people always mean to directly attack a persons integrity when they say they are raising the BS flag. I think many want to believe but its there own way of not getting their hopes up. For our new posters.....welcome to the board. I am not doubting you...but we are all a bit gun shy with the vast amount of rumors floating around.

however, i am directly attacking his integrity. he obviously made this up.

How is it obvious? Were you hiding in his bushes while he was sniggering and clacking away at the keyboard? Yeesh...half the board is ready to believe everything they hear as gospel, and the other half as heresy. How about a little realism thrown in, just for my sake?

ok, just for your sake. but he is making that story up.

I read a few juicy rumors on rivals.com earlier today . . .

-Perlman was eating lunch at Paul's Steakhouse with the offensive coordinator from Boston College (I HAS a PIKCHURR on mah FONEZZ!!)

-Perlman was eating lunch at the same restaurant with Bo Pelini

-Perlman was eating lunch with Vince Lombardi

-Perlman was eating lunch with Bob Devaney

You'll forgive me if I start taking rumors with a grain of salt at this point. :) However, I wouldn't be disappointed if your rumor turned out to be true.

I just want to say, Bill Callahan does have 2 daughters, so maybe there is a chance it could be true. Would one of them slip details this confidential to one of her friends? I don't know, maybe if they were really good friends. I hope this is true, so I'm going to try and believe it, but who knows.

Hey Andy.....Take a chance with me

I read a few juicy rumors on rivals.com earlier today . . .

-Perlman was eating lunch at Paul's Steakhouse with the offensive coordinator from Boston College (I HAS a PIKCHURR on mah FONEZZ!!)

-Perlman was eating lunch at the same restaurant with Bo Pelini

-Perlman was eating lunch with Vince Lombardi

-Perlman was eating lunch with Bob Devaney

You'll forgive me if I start taking rumors with a grain of salt at this point. :) However, I wouldn't be disappointed if your rumor turned out to be true.

Perlman should save all that money he spends from eating and give it to NU after all he cost the program over 2 million.

It's kind of funny how Perlman said it's not his job to hire and fire coaches when he was so intricately involved in firing Solich. IMO, his ass should be gone as well. If Pud was tied to BC, I think it's easy to see Perlman was tied to Pud. However, I will say that I'm just over 90% satisfied with how things are progressing. This is still an A by college standards!

Considering Pelini's D got lit up like a Christmas tree against Kentucky, I find it very difficult to believe on a Monday that Pelini is in Lincoln. BC gone in 3 days? What, are they gonna make Coz the interim?

Did you see the Boise State score against Nevada? Talk about teams with no defense.

Considering Pelini's D got lit up like a Christmas tree against Kentucky, I find it very difficult to believe on a Monday that Pelini is in Lincoln. BC gone in 3 days? What, are they gonna make Coz the interim?

I thought three of the TDs came in overtime.

Yeah, but didn't Kentucky score in the 40's or very close to it?

I will verify or at least be a backing source. I was told he would be gone in 2 weeks. I am not sure the specifics on waiting but I was told he is gone.

Everything about Pud, TO and Cook was accurate 3 hours prior to the story breaking so I think it is consistent with that.

if "I Bleed Red" confirms it, then i will believe it. he was spot on regarding everything else. so, is it true? is callahan let go in 3 days or not?

Bo Pelini?!! Actually, that's probably about right. No one of any real credibility will take this job. The fact is that since the scholarship limits were emplaced, NU has fallen steady. It's now just another program in a hard-to-recruit place (no major city nearby, no major airport, no hip-hop culture, no fun). Oh sure, a highly ranked recruiting class is on its way in (if it remains intact), but those recruiting services are usually more wrong than right. As for the next hiring(s), we saw evidence in 2003, when Pederson dropped down to number 5 or 7 on his list before hiring Callahan. It's like the scene in "We are Marshall". The quicker NU forgets the days of automatic wins against ISU, OSU, CU, KSU, KU, and MU, and takes the approach of an Oklahoma State, Boise State, UAB, Minnesota and like, the quicker NU becomes competitive. Continuing to believe that things are any more special at Nebraska than at other schools is a ticket to constant disappointment. After five years of sub-par performances, OU changed it's game. Beg someone from that program to come up, or a Bill Snyder disciple, or a Mike Leach assistant - then offer him more money than he's every seen so he overlooks the place he's going.