New offense in making..

Ok guys..this is how I would love to see things pan out. Somehow we convince Bo Pelini to come back to good ole Nebraska. Coach Osborne is basically an "advisor" and AD to our program and works with Pelini to hire a new coaching staff. During the next 2-3 years Osborne will help Pelini come up with a new offense which is based around the option but has a modern style to it much like the popular spread offense many teams have. Osborne gets Pelini's feet planted and he lets him take over as head coach. Osborne continues AD duties and finds someone suitable to take the AD position. Joe Ganz will be the first to run this new offense and will pass it off to Blaine Gabbert. Hopefully hes got wheels....

Lets hear what you guys got...

Ya I just really dont think that Osborne will have much of anything to do with the coaching aspect of the future. He probably will have a strong pull on who they get obviously but I dont think there is a coach in the nation who has someone breathing down his neck at every move he makes. I would love an offense similar to Oklahomas instead of West Virginias. We have so much talent at the wide receiver position and some good ones coming in and a spread offense just doesnt utilize them as much as a more balanced offense. Also if we do go to a spread offense I see Lee taking over first with Gabbert to follow.

Ok guys..this is how I would love to see things pan out. Somehow we convince Bo Pelini to come back to good ole Nebraska. Coach Osborne is basically an "advisor" and AD to our program and works with Pelini to hire a new coaching staff. During the next 2-3 years Osborne will help Pelini come up with a new offense which is based around the option but has a modern style to it much like the popular spread offense many teams have. Osborne gets Pelini's feet planted and he lets him take over as head coach. Osborne continues AD duties and finds someone suitable to take the AD position. Joe Ganz will be the first to run this new offense and will pass it off to Blaine Gabbert. Hopefully hes got wheels....

It would be fun, however it wont be Gabbert running any sort of option or anything that involves him being mobile. If we change the offense he walks away. But that is fine with me because we have Zac Lee, dude is a speedster.

It would be fun, however it wont be Gabbert running any sort of option or anything that involves him being mobile. If we change the offense he walks away. But that is fine with me because we have Zac Lee, dude is a speedster.

have you seen the videos of Blaine Gabbert running the football. that kid has some wheels. and if i am not mistaken his 40 time at the NU camp was in the Scott Frost range and he is 4 inches taller than Scott was.

have you seen the videos of Blaine Gabbert running the football. that kid has some wheels. and if i am not mistaken his 40 time at the NU camp was in the Scott Frost range and he is 4 inches taller than Scott was.

I realize he can move, but i think if we change the offense he walks away. He wants a pro style offense that can get him to the next level. That is the only reason he chose us over many other schools.