Is it possible for Cally to survive this?

Is it possible for Cally to survive the firing of the AD, can any coach survive it? What if Pud was somehow resricting callahan and making him feel uncomfortable and unable to do his job properly? I am not being a Callahan apologist and i dont think there is anything he can do from here till the end of the season to win us back, but could it be possible for the new AD to give Cally a second chance? I am just worried the school will leave Callahan in place because of the buyout factor. They just shelled out 2.2 for Pud, so will they leave Callahan alone to conserve the cash. Just some food for thought.

I guess it depends on who the AD turns out to be. If T.O. steps in then i'm gonna say calli's gone for sure...well no matter who the AD is he's gonna want to bring in his own staff.

I was just thinking if T.O. steps in (Temp. AD) he'd be more apt to give B.C. more time..Realizing just how hard this particular job can be.

Is it possible for Cally to survive the firing of the AD, can any coach survive it? What if Pud was somehow resricting callahan and making him feel uncomfortable and unable to do his job properly? I am not being a Callahan apologist and i dont think there is anything he can do from here till the end of the season to win us back, but could it be possible for the new AD to give Cally a second chance? I am just worried the school will leave Callahan in place because of the buyout factor. They just shelled out 2.2 for Pud, so will they leave Callahan alone to conserve the cash. Just some food for thought.

There is really only one way for Calli to survive and that is if the interim AD comes in and evaluates the state of the program decides that if Calli makes some changes he has a year to show significant improvement (kind of like whtat SP did with FS). If Calli then does make some changes and next year is a vast improvement (I'm talking 10 wins Big 12 Championship type of improvement). Then yes, Calli stays.

I would say it is possible but not likely. There would need to be wholesale changes made as far as the staff and performance of the team. I really do not see that happening. We all know how stubborn he seems to be when it comes to his game plans, I just think he feels so confident about his ability and his football philoshiphy that he would not want to adjust his style or approach to satisfy the new AD whome ever that is.

I could be wrong but I just don't see him here next year. Whethere that is good or bad will been seen down the line. All I know is there is changes that still need made and I just cannot believe that SP was the only victim of the knife.

I really think he's safe for the rest of the year. Sounds like Harvey wants to take his time searching for a permanent AD, and like other have said, you can't expect an interim AD to make sweeping coaching changes.

After the season, I actually think there's unfortunately a decent chance Cally stays as HC, while the entire defensive coaching staff is overhauled. I wonder if the new AD would feel out the likelihood of getting Pelini before deciding on BC's status. It really depends completely on who the permanent (not interim) AD is and his preferences. Until then, who knows.

sure he can survive....all he has to do is win!! if he went 4-1 and then won his bowl game..... how can you fire him?

Same way Solich went 10-3 and we fired him. Granted there were underlying issues but it could still happen. However, i dont think we have to worry about finishing the rest of the season 4-1. I think 1-4 at best.

sure he can survive....all he has to do is win!! if he went 4-1 and then won his bowl game..... how can you fire him?

Same way Solich went 10-3 and we fired him. Granted there were underlying issues but it could still happen. However, i dont think we have to worry about finishing the rest of the season 4-1. I think 1-4 at best.

yes... what ever happened to the ad that fired solich anyway??

I hope not. Regardless of how we finish this season, it's time for Callahan to go.