Will Mucschamp

blwalks

Muschamp has been on my short list, along with Chris Peterson (Boise State) and Brian Kelly (Cincy).

But I have to admit, I am becoming more and more intrigued by Pelini, for several reasons:

1. He's an emotional leader - I love that

2. He's an outstanding coach - the LSU defense is proof

3. He can recruit, and has ties to the South - very important

4. He seems to be a more mature guy now - ready to lead a program

5. He has a better understanding of Husker tradition. I just want a capable coach, but I appreciate the fact that he knows what it means to be a Husker.

Muschamp has been on my short list, along with Chris Peterson (Boise State) and Brian Kelly (Cincy).

But I have to admit, I am becoming more and more intrigued by Pelini, for several reasons:

1. He's an emotional leader - I love that

2. He's an outstanding coach - the LSU defense is proof

3. He can recruit, and has ties to the South - very important

4. He seems to be a more mature guy now - ready to lead a program

5. He has a better understanding of Husker tradition. I just want a capable coach, but I appreciate the fact that he knows what it means to be a Husker.

What about Paul Johnson of Navy.

He runs a type of option( of course from the shot gun) like Texas did with Vince Young.

He's disciplined with his work ethics and off the field issues. I think he would be great for the program.

Besides there looking at him to replace D Franchione @ Texas Tech. Could be a great hire!

I for one am not in favor of bringing on Pelini. I think he is a guy who will be a coordinator for his entire career. He runs a good defense, but I don't know if I completely trust him being in charge of everything....all players, all coaches, and talking to the media.

I'll make a personal bet with you. I bet Bo is a HC in 2008. A&M have already requested permission from LSU to talk to him. He won't be a lifelong coordinator because he's gonna be a HC next year!

I for one am not in favor of bringing on Pelini. I think he is a guy who will be a coordinator for his entire career. He runs a good defense, but I don't know if I completely trust him being in charge of everything....all players, all coaches, and talking to the media.

I'll make a personal bet with you. I bet Bo is a HC in 2008. A&M have already requested permission from LSU to talk to him. He won't be a lifelong coordinator because he's gonna be a HC next year!

Navy doesn't run the option from the gun. They run the spread option, which looks like the wishbone with both HBs on the wing.

When did aTm request permission?

I never really understood all the negativity toward Pelini. I'm not saying he has to be the next coach, but I don't see why he shouldn't be considered. As far as I'm concerned, if the guy runs a clean program and wins football games then I don't care how he handles the media. I'm too young to remember Devaney, but from what I've read and heard, he and Bo may have more than a little in common when it comes to their public relation skills.

I don't know if Bo would or would not be a good coach. He can coach defense, but he won't come here to be a DC. Now how about this scenario.

Bo as HC and Gill as OC. That would leave Bo to work with the defense and still run the whole thing. Has anyone heard how those two got along when they were both here?

GBR!!!

I never really understood all the negativity toward Pelini. I'm not saying he has to be the next coach, but I don't see why he shouldn't be considered. As far as I'm concerned, if the guy runs a clean program and wins football games then I don't care how he handles the media. I'm too young to remember Devaney, but from what I've read and heard, he and Bo may have more than a little in common when it comes to their public relation skills.

Some fans love them when they are here then when they leave it's as if it's like their girlfriend left and jilted them. You hear the same thing about Solich and he spent his half his life here as a player, asst coach and HC.