Callahan calls OU fans "f***ng hillbillies!"

HuskerBob

well at least he is showing som fire!!! :steam

im sure the fans were all over his ass for the FG, i say the hell with em. stoops was being a prick himself so i have no prob w callhan goin for the FG.

Apparently, Bill Callahan's first trip to Norman as Nebraska's head coach wasn't friendly.

The Daily Oklahoman is reporting today that Callahan yelled "(expletive) hillbillies!" toward the Sooner crowd as he walked off the field.

Oklahoma fans threw oranges on the field in the final minutes of Saturday's 30-3 win, and the Sooner faithful booed when Nebraska kicked a field goal as the clock expired.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg...8&u_sid=1258646

"Callahan yelled "F#*%ing hillbillies"

Well they are...aren't they?

What do you call people in Nebraska??

For the most part, great fans with class and respect. I took a look at a sooner message board before the game, and all those knuckleheads could do is make stupid remarks and joke about us and our coaches. No intelligent talk about anything, just a bunch crap spewing from a bunch of idiots who only wish they had the class and great reputation Nebraska fans have. But I am ok with it because when we do take them down....and it will be sooner than later, it will be all so sweet. Yes, BC should not have said it, but I am sure glad he did. This rivalry got a brand new blood line baby!

For the most part, great fans with class and respect. I took a look at a sooner message board before the game, and all those knuckleheads could do is make stupid remarks and joke about us and our coaches. No intelligent talk about anything, just a bunch crap spewing from a bunch of idiots who only wish they had the class and great reputation Nebraska fans have. But I am ok with it because when we do take them down....and it will be sooner than later, it will be all so sweet. Yes, BC should not have said it, but I am sure glad he did. This rivalry got a brand new blood line baby!

Frankly it doesn't matter where you are from. Callahan will be publicly reprimanded by the U but I for one applaud his honesty. Not so sure about the profanity, but that's why he gets the big bucks.

Oklahoma fans have been classless for as long as I remember, so :up Even if they win a championship again, they haven't learned anything along the way that makes them worthy of more words. :up

We had our share of orange throwing moments in the past, however this time it was the so-called Ruffnecks doing the duty. Obviously they have pretty good aim.

A for effort Bill, but F for class. Don't lower yourself to their level; it's not worth the time or energy.

H-Reb

Hey,CalHusker we got a new bloodline and added fire to a rivalry that needs no fire just because Moron Callahan "stooped" to the Sooners level ??? We didnt get any bloodline from Callahans remarks because in 2 yrs Callahan will be out and you will be talking about NO bloodline then. If Pederson isnt fired soon this will become the norm around Lincoln. I will say again... we traded 7-7 to 10-3 for 12-4 to 4-12 !!!

I would be making fun of us and our coaches to. They have taken us straight down the tubes.

To all of you who think we have the most class and best fans need to really go back about a decade. I was a student back then and was appalled at how we treated the CU fans during the night game. The student section for some reason that year was above the opposing fans. Hefty bags were filled with urine and thrown down upon the CU fans. The only saving grace was that it was raining to kind of water it down, but it was disgraceful to say the least. I don't know how you guys can say we have the all the class in the world and those who beat us have none.

We may have the most loyal following in the country but to say we have the best class is just wrong. Every team has those fans who just get stupid during an intense rivalry. We at NU have them also, so don't play it off like we don't. Have you ever walked around in the parking lot after a CU game when the game is in Lincoln? I mean seriously cars keyed, windows broken, cars waxed, etc. Is this class? I think maybe the feelings of NU fans, coaches, etc. are just a little tender these days considering how things have gone. It's time we NU fans begin calling a spade a spade. We are not the God almighty some of you portray us to be just like OU isn't full of saints nor is CU or KSU.