New Facts about TO and Pelini

TO seems to have put the kabosh on looking to hire BP already. Unless TO is lying, he's waiting until the end of the season to perform coaching evaluations. But maybe I misunderstood what TO said.

TO also said on Monday that he hasn't spoken to Perlman about the AD job and then we find out today that he was in Cally's office on Friday.....ummm why would that be?? And then Perlman admits that he talked to Osborne on Sunday.

Don't believe everything you hear in press conferences. Also, Perlman said they had to start the search for an AD yesterday and they already had talks with TO.

Trust me, Cally is already gone....they are merely waiting until the right time. TO hinted towards getting rid of Cally. You gotta listen to it and in political speak he is not supporting Cally. Not once did he say he supports them.

I totally believe this to be true. There is NO way Callahan survives this long-term. Half-measures will avail us nothing. The clean sweep will be made in a timely manner, maybe not as swift as Michael Corleone in The Godfather on Baptism Day, but the Callahan Experiment is definitely in its final death throes. My personal hunch is that Callahan couldn't survive the complete unmasking of all the program's weaknesses at Missouri and the Okie State mauling was simply the coup de grace. I wished it would have worked out for Coach Callahan but he's had his chance.

TO seems to have put the kabosh on looking to hire BP already. Unless TO is lying, he's waiting until the end of the season to perform coaching evaluations. But maybe I misunderstood what TO said.

TO also said on Monday that he hasn't spoken to Perlman about the AD job and then we find out today that he was in Cally's office on Friday.....ummm why would that be?? And then Perlman admits that he talked to Osborne on Sunday.

Don't believe everything you hear in press conferences. Also, Perlman said they had to start the search for an AD yesterday and they already had talks with TO.

Trust me, Cally is already gone....they are merely waiting until the right time. TO hinted towards getting rid of Cally. You gotta listen to it and in political speak he is not supporting Cally. Not once did he say he supports them.

I totally believe this to be true. There is NO way Callahan survives this long-term. Half-measures will avail us nothing. The clean sweep will be made in a timely manner, maybe not as swift as Michael Corleone in The Godfather on Baptism Day, but the Callahan Experiment is definitely in its final death throes. My personal hunch is that Callahan couldn't survive the complete unmasking of all the program's weaknesses at Missouri and the Okie State mauling was simply the coup de grace. I wished it would have worked out for Coach Callahan but he's had his chance.

I took a lot of crap for having so much confidence in Callahan, and I would always say...."just give it some time, let him get his own players to run HIS system...."

He had his shot....no more screwin around.

I agree, especially with the way TO dodged the WCO question, and how he made such a big deal of the Walk on program... Cally is done.. i still though have a hard time seeing TO lie like that.. but then again, he has been in politics for the past few years, that always builds that up.. maybe cally will just resign and make it easier on everyone? hah.. doubtful but i trust IBR i just started reading over this 2 days ago at night.. and saw the post yesterday morning.. then joined today, but everything he has commented on has come to par.. so i like it..keep it comin man

I agree, especially with the way TO dodged the WCO question, and how he made such a big deal of the Walk on program... Cally is done.. i still though have a hard time seeing TO lie like that.. but then again, he has been in politics for the past few years, that always builds that up.. maybe cally will just resign and make it easier on everyone? hah.. doubtful but i trust IBR i just started reading over this 2 days ago at night.. and saw the post yesterday morning.. then joined today, but everything he has commented on has come to par.. so i like it..keep it comin man

In "I Bleed Red" we trust

IBR...

do we have a legitimate shot at landing Bo?

I'd hate to have another "husker letdown"

Getting Pelini would be a let down to me.

who would you rather have than Pelini?

I also think Pelini is a poor choice, and it has nothing to do with football. He showed poor character a couple times while he was here, but I could overlook that. The main reason is that a large number of fans don't like him and Husker Nation needs to reconcile not remain divided.

As for another choice - I still like Jim Grobe as the first choice.

IBR...

I also think Pelini is a poor choice, and it has nothing to do with football. He showed poor character a couple times while he was here, but I could overlook that. The main reason is that a large number of fans don't like him and Husker Nation needs to reconcile not remain divided.

I would hate to see Grobe's spread offense with tons of reverses here. Just doesn't seem right, kinda like the WCO.

IBR...

Are we going to vote or something?!?!!? Get REAL!!! No matter who they get, it won't please everybody...

What happened the other years he was at Colorado? Should you hire the Tech OC, they put up 70, what about the SC guy they got 49, how bout UT, KSU, Missouri or even OSU, they ALL have put beatdowns on NU within the last few years! He ran a zone blocking scheme that worked for one season, but wasn't all that successful as far as wins and losses in the long run. He ended up getting canned with Barnet.

Apologies for interloping, but this seems like a moment where a CU fan's input might be beneficial...

You're absolutely in the right to have heavy reservations about Watson. Although I won't knock him for his performance in 2002 (getting an offense to score any points with a kid like Robert Hodge as your quarterback is an outright miracle, regardless of the surrounding talent), the results that CU produced in 2001 could easily be attributed as much (or more) to the talent on the field as it could be to anything that the coaches did. Remember, that 2001 CU offense featured Daniel Graham (who's now generally accepted as the best blocking tight end in the NFL, and a great receiver at that), two pro caliber running backs in Chris Brown and Bobby Purify, one of the best blocking fullbacks in recent NCAA history in Brandon Drumm, a great WR tandem in DJ Hackett and Derek McCoy, and the best offensive line CU had seen since 1994 (highlighted by Andre Gurode, Wayne Lucier, and Victor Rogers, all of whom were STUDS throughout their careers). He also lucked into a great string of performances by back up quarterback Bobby Pesavento who, while not being the most technically sound quarterback on the face of the earth, was a solid game management QB on the collegiate level.

Once all of that talent was gone, CU's offense ground to a halt. Watson would call the same vanilla run/run/pass (usually followed immediately by a punt) offense over and over again, but the offense just wouldn't produce anything. Basically, he didn't seem to know how to get anything accomplished without a wealth of talent. Now, I don't know if that's a huge worry as far as Nebraska is concerned, because you guys still have a bunch of talent (albeit underachieving/uninspired talent currently, but it's still talent), so he may work out for you... but I can tell you that in Boulder you can still find people who will defend Barnett, but it's awfully hard to come across someone who'll argue that we need to bring Watson back.