Questioning TO as AD

How do you think TO got the job as HC for NU? Maybe the Bobfather forced his decision? Who's to say Solich wouldn't have won 3 NC's in his 20th+ years? Solich has been his conference coach of the year 50% of the time he's been a HC. So he couldn't recruit, that doesn't mean he isn't a good coach. I wish people would get off TO's a$$ for naming Solich as his replacement!

He did recommend Pederson...which means nothing. Pederson, AT THE TIME, was considered by many to be a very good hire. He was well-liked by many. People continually say he changed, for whatever reason. In retrospect, hiring Pederson did not work out. But at the time, it appeared to be a reasonable recommendation.

Anyway, I think it's valid to have some concerns with TO as interim. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He deserves at least that.

The main thing he will do is calm people down from big money guys (cook) to nobodies (me). People will support him and the program just because he IS T.O. Also I think everyone would agree thagt if he has to find a new HC he will put the good of the program ahead of any personal or popular choice. IMO. Cant help but smile right now though :corndance

Anyway, I think it's valid to have some concerns with TO as interim. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He deserves at least that.

The main thing he will do is calm people down from big money guys (cook) to nobodies (me). People will support him and the program just because he IS T.O. Also I think everyone would agree thagt if he has to find a new HC he will put the good of the program ahead of any personal or popular choice. IMO. Cant help but smile right now though :corndance

Actually, everyone can't agree on that. A fair number of people are worried he would bring in too many "retreads" (as the guy said on 1620). I love TO, but that exact thing worries me in the back of my mind. As I said, though, I think this is a good move overall and I'm glad to see him there and certainly willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

There are 3 things i have learned on my short time on earth. 1) Water is wet 2) The sky is blue 3) Don't ever doubt TO. Good things will happen. I'm sure this was all in his master plan since he retired to become the AD at NU and raise us from the depths of haides to the Mountain top agian.

How do you think TO got the job as HC for NU? Maybe the Bobfather forced his decision? Who's to say Solich wouldn't have won 3 NC's in his 20th+ years? Solich has been his conference coach of the year 50% of the time he's been a HC. So he couldn't recruit, that doesn't mean he isn't a good coach. I wish people would get off TO's a$$ for naming Solich as his replacement!

:yeah

Solich was a HUGE part of that offense before TO retired.

I think that the MODS/ADMIN need to get to work on here and merge the 1,274 duplicated threads posted over the past 36 hours.

:clap

Man, I'd hate to even try. Talk about pissing into the wind, ya know? By the time you merge a couple, 10 more will have popped up. :o

You aren't kidding. I get depressed just looking at it.

Messageboards aren't chatrooms, folks.

:yeah

Solich was a HUGE part of that offense before TO retired.

And how quickly we all forget that Solich only had, what, one year with Pelini as D coordinator? His firing was premature. I think it would have happened anyway, but I would have liked to see what his new staff could have done in the long haul. 10 wins is not something to blow your nose at.

X