What Will TO Do?

I think TO will stay clear at first, but if he is going to truly assess the program he will not only meet with the coaches but visit practices as well. Actually, he is now BC's boss so BC really does not have a choice, and I think that BC would want TO to see how he runs things. If I were BC, I would ask TO to visit. If he is really doing and "excellent job", then I think he would want to prove it.

I watched the Big Red Wrap up last night. A back up quarterback to Irving Fryer (I forgot his name and he was before my time) was being interviewed, he said since Steve Pederson took over all the shrines to the greatest players have been omitted, there is only one NC trophy displayed and that is the 1997 trophy. When I heard that I was floored. :o

Irving Fryer a QB?!?!?

Also everything that you heard was omitted has never been omitted. Everything is there where it belongs.

All the trophies are on display inside the west stadium "club" entrance. Just saw them before the Iowa State game.

TO said that he would be meeting with the coaching staff, but that he would not be looking over their shoulders. He also said he would attend practice if asked, or stay away if asked to do so...

What do you think BC will do in respect to this statement made by TO? :sarcasm

TO was at practice today. BC also said he met w/TO today and said it was a good visit. :-)

Well, TO is back, but he still has some tough choices to make.

PUD is gone so we dont have to worry about him, but questionable coaches still remain.

Callahan, Cozgrove, Watson, Elmos, Wags. etc. Im hearing a lot of calls for Callys head, but I say to you:

Not So Fast!

The offense was doing pretty good except for the Ok State and Mizz games. The D has been consistently bad throughout the season (cept Nevada). The O Line has had problems as well. So has the secondary, LBs and D Line. Should We see what Cally can do with a good offense? I say yes we should see. Fire Coz, give Cally some more games and see what happens!

And what do you think Oz will do? he said he would wait till end of season, which I think is wise

BC is not ignorant to the fact that he needs to win to keep his job. I do not think that there is bad blood between BC and TO. BC also knows that TO has a job to do and that he will do it in the most respectful and classy way possible (that is just TO's style). If BC does not turn this thing around in a hurry, than I doubt that he will blame TO for making changes. BC has been in upper level sports for a long time, what is going on now is not a shock to him.

I listened to 1620 today when they had Tom Osborne on there as their guest. It was the usually crap that we already heard yesterday during that 5:15 meeting but then I heard something that I wasn't expecting. One of the broadcasters asked Tom if he was going to do some coaching changes right now and TO said "I'm not going to do any coaching changes right now that Bill Callahan will be the coach for the remander of the season." TO also added this "But it doesn't mean that we will make any changes after the season." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I tell you what if BC is here next year there is going to be a lot of pissed off Husker fans and i'll be one of them. Did anybody else pick up on this???

Yeah, and I'm fine with it. He is the AD, and it is his job to make those decisions. If Tom freakin' Osborne thinks BC should remain coach, then it is okay by me. I hope to God he doesn't keep Cosgrove, but the job Callahan has done recruiting and with the Offense (minus a few games) is respectable. Tom knows firing coaches every three or four years kills recruiting and ultimately kills a program. It's up to him, or whomever he and Perlman hires. We'll see.

TO said all the right things and will do the right things -- but during his press conference he did not do Callahan any favors by suggesting he would attend practice and help if asked to do so -- this puts BC in the ultimate no win situation; and I was surprised that TO offered it up. I know why he did it, but man no matter how much you might hate on BC that's a tough spot to be in.

I think BC will invite TO to practice. BC needs to be a great coach, to do that you have to learn from the best. Learning from TO will help himself. Also BC is intelligent enough to know his team has issues and he doesn't have any idea how to fix it. We will be hearing next year about all the new walk-ons.

I watched the Big Red Wrap up last night. A back up quarterback to Irving Fryer (I forgot his name and he was before my time) was being interviewed, he said since Steve Pederson took over all the shrines to the greatest players have been omitted, there is only one NC trophy displayed and that is the 1997 trophy. When I heard that I was floored. :o

BC should do this but I think that he has too big of an ego to let this happen. He might invite TO to a practice or 2 and take some notes. But he is not going to let TO come to his practices on a daily basis. TO's and BC's philosophy/program/system are polar opposites.

BC is the HC so he will not be an assistant to TO. I really do not blame him. I think the does everyone a service. BC's future is in his hands and has no one to blame but himself. He has till the end of the season. This should have been a real good season for him. He has had 4 years to recruit.

red_38

Did anybody pick up on this when TO said this "After the season is over i might not make coaching changes." WTF!!!!! If Callahan is still here come next season there is going to be a lot of pissed of Nebraska Fans and i'll be one of them. This is his 4th year and he was suppose to have a huge impact this year which he has but it's not a good impact. He's not the right coach for Nebraska so Bring Bo Back!!!!!

I think the humiliating and ridiculous aspect of all this will be more than Coach Callahan can take. I sure hope so. A lot of guys with lesser egos than he would say piss on it, I'm not going to go through this anymore and simply step down.

If Osborne needs to be at Callahan's practices then Callahan shouldn't be the coach for one more day. To me, it's just that simple. I bet he can't wait to get the hell out of here. I mean think about it. He's in an untenable position. I think it demeans us all as it stands now.

any coach that does not want help from tom osborne is a fool who is so full of himself that he will never be a productive coach. I remember when I went with my dad to one of larry browns practices at KU. coach brown came up to my dad and asked him for coaching advise. larry brown.... asking an NAIA coach for advice. I have seen dana altman sit down and pick my dads brain for hours..... does that mean that my dad is a better coach and that they dont know what they are doing?? NO!! it means they they want to look at every angle, and do whatever they can to improve..... even if it means asking an NAIA coach.

TO is one of the greatest coaches ever. there isnt a coach alive that couldnt learn something from him