What I can confirm

I'm just curious.

Do you guys have a protocol for servicing IBR? Because if you don't have some point of order for just blindly blowing him, then it might get messy.

Anyone's "source" will get a little flighty if he always gets reported on. In my opinion anyway.

Shouldn't some kind of a Mod stop this kind of talk on this board? Of course, I expect no less from NUpolo8. It fits his psychological profile. However, I have to agree with the "source" getting a little flighty. That seems to be a logical thought...Even tho the middle "statement" is rather insipid.

You saw my psychological profile? I was looking for that...

I read some information that was very interesting and just wanting if any one like IBR or skerfan can confirm it.

From what I am understanding BC is basically holding out for a lot of money and KC has implied that if BC stays then he stays, following BC's lead. negotiations have been going on for the past few days; however, HP and TO are NOT involved in them. Are there any more details to this?

It also mentioned that Watson is very interested in taking over as interim HC/OC/QB coach and want to have an interview for OC with the new head coach.

Finally, it talks about how TO was not pleased with BC after the postgame meeting (BC was 20 mins late) in either the answers he got or with BC's attitude.

If the last paragraph is true, I say FIRE HIM!! In any other job if you showed this lack of respect for your boss you would be canned. This alone can warrant TO to go ahead and fire him. I am starting to wonder if BC is purposely losely our games to 1) make us look even worse and 2) hold out for lots of $$$. He wants to leave it is bad shape for the next guy.

If anyone has any additional information on this please share. I hope we either have a firing or resignation soon! They didn't practice today so to do this tomorrow and let Watson take over and help breath some fresh air, not saying he will win the rest of the games just help give these kids some hope because BC isn't!!

I read some information that was very interesting and just wanting if any one like IBR or skerfan can confirm it.

From what I am understanding BC is basically holding out for a lot of money and KC has implied that if BC stays then he stays, following BC's lead. negotiations have been going on for the past few days; however, HP and TO are NOT involved in them. Are there any more details to this?

It also mentioned that Watson is very interested in taking over as interim HC/OC/QB coach and want to have an interview for OC with the new head coach.

Finally, it talks about how TO was not pleased with BC after the postgame meeting (BC was 20 mins late) in either the answers he got or with BC's attitude.

If the last paragraph is true, I say FIRE HIM!! In any other job if you showed this lack of respect for your boss you would be canned. This alone can warrant TO to go ahead and fire him. I am starting to wonder if BC is purposely losely our games to 1) make us look even worse and 2) hold out for lots of $$$. He wants to leave it is bad shape for the next guy.

If anyone has any additional information on this please share. I hope we either have a firing or resignation soon! They didn't practice today so to do this tomorrow and let Watson take over and help breath some fresh air, not saying he will win the rest of the games just help give these kids some hope because BC isn't!!

Where is this info? I would loev to see it? :)

You're right though...that is very disrespectful. I don't care who his boss is, you don't show up late unless you have notified them prior that you'll be late. Maybe he's purposelty taking a dive so since he knows his career is crewed that's why he's holding out for more money. As for KC his contract is not nearly as lucrative. He can just be fired by TO if TO feels like it as it would be negligible on the amount owed to him. :)

Accurate or not this whole situation is getting worse and worse. I have to believe that there is something in the works going on behind closed doors because each day that passes with BC and KC still coaching here makes this program look more ridiculous. It's obvious that BC is holding out for financial reasons, he knows he can't turn things around and he won't fire KC so there is no hope. TO is going to have to be the one to make the move and he needs to do it NOW! The money is there and the support for it is there, in the words of Larry the cable guy "get er dun".

While firing BC is a distinct possibility, what if TO likes other aspects of the program (graduation rates, off the field conduct, effort on the field) and decides to give him a chance provided he shakes up the staff? Coz will have to go. With Gruden wearing thin on the ownership group in Tampa, he may be on the way out. Let's bring in Monte Kiffin as DC to get the D back on track. He can coach a few more years and mentor a successor. If BC doesn't show improvement, then you clean house and start fresh.

Is NU looking at Urban Meyer? I know its a long shot but that'd be awesome if we could get him.

No Way he would come to NU..at least i dont think so but who am i to say

Not only Meyer --- but no way any established coach at any school that has sniffed the top 25 the past few years would even remotely consider NU. NU is, I am afraid to say, not a major program anymore and is a fishbowl that most any coach would avoid. It is not a top 25 coaching job. So, do not expect a major coach to come here. the only hope to attract anyone that is proven is to have a disproportionate amount of $ thrown their way. Sort of like Alabama did.

Yeah, Nebraska isn't a top 25 school anymore...kinda like Miami, Notre Dame and Florida State aren't top 25 programs anymore....Or back in the 90's when USC and Oklahoma (before Carroll and Stoops) weren't top 25 programs. Please, Nebraska is clearly a top 25 program and will be again assuming that TO brings in the right HC (and definitely not be Turner Gill).

Is NU looking at Urban Meyer? I know its a long shot but that'd be awesome if we could get him.

Not only Meyer --- but no way any established coach at any school that has sniffed the top 25 the past few years would even remotely consider NU. NU is, I am afraid to say, not a major program anymore and is a fishbowl that most any coach would avoid. It is not a top 25 coaching job. So, do not expect a major coach to come here. the only hope to attract anyone that is proven is to have a disproportionate amount of $ thrown their way. Sort of like Alabama did.

Yeah, Nebraska isn't a top 25 school anymore...kinda like Miami, Notre Dame and Florida State aren't top 25 programs anymore....Or back in the 90's when USC and Oklahoma (before Carroll and Stoops) weren't top 25 programs. Please, Nebraska is clearly a top 25 program and will be again assuming that TO brings in the right HC (and definitely not be Turner Gill).

Agree! As much as I like Turner Gill, I don't think he's the right man for the job. We definitely need to hire a coach who has had proven success (unlike Bill Callahan)!

I apologize if this info is already on the board. I didn't look. I got a call around 2:00 central time with this info. I didn't realize so many people would want a PM so I am posting here instead.

The only info that my source can confirm today is that there are 3 coaching candidates that are being researched and the "feelers are being put out to the appropriate channels".

Theses 3 coaches are being researched, reviewed, talked to and then they will assess to interview:

Bo Pelini (already talked to)

Jim Leavitt USFl

Gary Patterson TCU

It doesn't mean they aren't interested in others or will hire one of these 3. This is just confirmation that they have interest in these 3 officially off the record...whatever that means.

Please tell me that Gary Patterson is not a candidate!!! I live in Dallas and this guy is as big a clown as BC. He has no respect for anybody and is as arrogant as they come. PLEASE TO do not hire this joker.

I'm all for Bo. He wasn't ready to be a head coach before. A little bit of a hot-head and too inexperienced. However, not he has proven himself and would bring us back to dominance.

Why not Turner Gill? What has he done to be automatically disqualified by so many on these boards? The man should definitely be interviewed. Not because he happened to play here but for the reasons below.

First, look at what he has done at Buffalo. He inherited facilities and talent on what has been argued by ,many to be the worst program in D1 and immediately had those guys overachieving. He has those guys believing in themselves, the program and definitely in the coaching staff. Compare that to Callahan who takes five star recruits and gets them to underachieve. So on this first test, Turner is much more like Osborne and Devaney than Callahan and I suspect better than what a lot of other coaches could do at Buffalo.

As such he has more head coaching experience than Bo. And yes, I think Bo should be interviewed too. My point is that saying Gill doesn't have enough experience is not valid. If it is, then Bo should not be interviewed either.

Next Gill does have a lot of years in coaching. The man is 45 years old. Some have said maybe in a few years after he has more years of experience. Well how much more does he need and if you wait too long he'll only have a few years before retirement to give. He was a good position coach while he was here and coaching Crouch, Frost, and Tommie too (I think) certainly can't damage his credibility can it?

He has Texas connections for recruiting. That must count for something.

He was given administrative duties while here as well I believe as assistant head coach with Frank. Or some title like that anyway.

Finally, if he does pass the muster in all the other areas that Tom Osborne would require, then his experience as a former coach and player at one of college footballs most prestigious instituations SHOULD be considered. He is charismatic to his players and given his Nebraska player bloodlines, the state could rally around him like few others if he passes the interview requirements.

It would be foolish to write this talent off just because he played at NU. Yes we don't want to pull another John Blake like Oklahoma did. But Turner Gill is 45 with a lot more experience and more of a track record than Blake had at age 34 when he was hired.

All I am saying is give Gill a chance too. I have followed him closely since he started at Buffalo. Given what he has had to work with there, he has been very impressive in every aspect of the Head Coaching job. He has inspired the players, his coaching staff and the Buffalo community by demonstrating charisma and also character that reminds me of the man I bet he learned some of it from: Tom Osborne.

Some of you are very adamant about not wanting Gill. If it is fear of commiting another Blake. That is valid but it doesn't automatically disqualify Gill from consideration. Further, just because Blake didn't work out at Oklahoma doesn't mean that a former coach/player here will never work. If that is the case Bob Devaney should have never hired Tom Osborne. And Tom should have been a complete failure as Blake was at Oklahoma.

If Gill wants an interview, he definitely deserve a real and serious interview. And I would not be surprised that under a full and comprehensive review, Gill may be the best man for the job. In my opinion it is between Gill and Pelini. If it is a tie, Gill gets my tiebreaker vote (if I had one) due to character, experience and yes, a history and understanding of Nebraska football tradition.

Why not Turner Gill? What has he done to be automatically disqualified by so many on these boards? The man should definitely be interviewed. Not because he happened to play here but for the reasons below.

First, look at what he has done at Buffalo. He inherited facilities and talent on what has been argued by ,many to be the worst program in D1 and immediately had those guys overachieving. He has those guys believing in themselves, the program and definitely in the coaching staff. Compare that to Callahan who takes five star recruits and gets them to underachieve. So on this first test, Turner is much more like Osborne and Devaney than Callahan and I suspect better than what a lot of other coaches could do at Buffalo.

As such he has more head coaching experience than Bo. And yes, I think Bo should be interviewed too. My point is that saying Gill doesn't have enough experience is not valid. If it is, then Bo should not be interviewed either.

Next Gill does have a lot of years in coaching. The man is 45 years old. Some have said maybe in a few years after he has more years of experience. Well how much more does he need and if you wait too long he'll only have a few years before retirement to give. He was a good position coach while he was here and coaching Crouch, Frost, and Tommie too (I think) certainly can't damage his credibility can it?

He has Texas connections for recruiting. That must count for something.

He was given administrative duties while here as well I believe as assistant head coach with Frank. Or some title like that anyway.

Finally, if he does pass the muster in all the other areas that Tom Osborne would require, then his experience as a former coach and player at one of college footballs most prestigious instituations SHOULD be considered. He is charismatic to his players and given his Nebraska player bloodlines, the state could rally around him like few others if he passes the interview requirements.

It would be foolish to write this talent off just because he played at NU. Yes we don't want to pull another John Blake like Oklahoma did. But Turner Gill is 45 with a lot more experience and more of a track record than Blake had at age 34 when he was hired.

All I am saying is give Gill a chance too. I have followed him closely since he started at Buffalo. Given what he has had to work with there, he has been very impressive in every aspect of the Head Coaching job. He has inspired the players, his coaching staff and the Buffalo community by demonstrating charisma and also character that reminds me of the man I bet he learned some of it from: Tom Osborne.

Some of you are very adamant about not wanting Gill. If it is fear of commiting another Blake. That is valid but it doesn't automatically disqualify Gill from consideration. Further, just because Blake didn't work out at Oklahoma doesn't mean that a former coach/player here will never work. If that is the case Bob Devaney should have never hired Tom Osborne. And Tom should have been a complete failure as Blake was at Oklahoma.

If Gill wants an interview, he definitely deserve a real and serious interview. And I would not be surprised that under a full and comprehensive review, Gill may be the best man for the job. In my opinion it is between Gill and Pelini. If it is a tie, Gill gets my tiebreaker vote (if I had one) due to character, experience and yes, a history and understanding of Nebraska football tradition.

He'd probably come at a bargain rate, too.