How many NFL careers has Cally destroyed

Callahans big recruiting speal is "I can get you to the NFL". I wonder how many of these kids NFL dreams have actually been destroyed because of poor coaching? Callahan does nothing to coach these kids up, i dont care if your a 15 star recruit out of high school, there still needs to be some teaching going on. There are numerous big time players on this team who would be doing better under a different coach. I would bet Octavien could be and All-american under Bo Pelini.

Case in point: Demarrio Williams looked lost and inept under Bohl. In walks Pelini, Williams was a superstar. Coaching does matter. Who exactly has Clownahan got into the NFL? The guys that made it under his watchful eye were mostly defensive players and were Solich recruits. I'm thinking the seniors that are Clownahan's guys are going to have a long draft weekend. Purify will be lucky to go in the first 6 rounds. Keller better have one hell of a combine if he's even going to get drafted.

It's amazing...Ruud and McKeon were both top 15 LB draft prospects at the beginning of the season according to Mel Kiper....think either one of them has any chance to get drafted at this point?

If they do like the elder Ruud (drop a tenth off their 40 and lay off the beer), yeah I think they could have a great combine and get drafted. If they have a great combine, I think they could go in the top 4 rounds. Without a great combine, they'll probably go undrafted. I'll throw Bowman in there as well. He's gonna have to do some pretty special things at the combine to get drafted.

I still think Keller gets drafted...he's going to be seen as a talented player on an inept team with poor coaching...he still has the physical attributes that its hard to imagine someone not taking him...hes shown some flashes of brilliance at times and broke some passing records....since this team has pretty much collapsed scouts will be placing more emphasis on those....

I still think Keller gets drafted...he's going to be seen as a talented player on an inept team with poor coaching...he still has the physical attributes that its hard to imagine someone not taking him...hes shown some flashes of brilliance at times and broke some passing records....since this team has pretty much collapsed scouts will be placing more emphasis on those....

But if he hasnt been taught anything since he left ASU two years ago, how is he supposed to catch up to players who have been learning for 4 yrs instead of two. Callahan has retarded the growth of our entire team by 2 years. 4 yrs under callahan is like 2 years under an average coach.

But if he hasnt been taught anything since he left ASU two years ago, how is he supposed to catch up to players who have been learning for 4 yrs instead of two. Callahan has retarded the growth of our entire team by 2 years. 4 yrs under callahan is like 2 years under an average coach.

I think physical talent is emphasized way more. I watched almost every LSU game last year, and Jamarcus Russel was DUMB. He made more stupid throws than I can count, including several that cost them the game at Auburn and a shot at a NC. But he was drafted #1 cause he's a tank and has a canon for an arm. Besides, most NFL coaches are looking for QB that can unlearn what they learned in college and learn their NFL system. In most cases, the kind of offense a QB was running in college bears little or no resemblance to what they're asked to do at the NFL level.

do you have to be invited to an NFL combine?

i'm thinking if they show-up well at the combine and impress the reviews, they may be able to have a good shot at the NFL.

otherwise... well... oops.

:yeah

I think most have seen Callahan go in the tank. The combines will make the difference for these kids. It's just too bad that they are fighting an up hill battle.

My guess would be none. Talent scouts will find their players. Doesn't matter who is coaching them or where they play.

Look at Tom Brady. The guy was #199 overall in the 2000 draft and played behind Brian Griese at Michigan until 1998 and 1999. My point is that the talent will always come to the top, doesn't matter who happen to be coaching him or what his college career was like.

My guess would be none. Talent scouts will find their players. Doesn't matter who is coaching them or where they play.

Look at Tom Brady. The guy was #199 overall in the 2000 draft and played behind Brian Griese at Michigan until 1998 and 1999. My point is that the talent will always come to the top, doesn't matter who happen to be coaching him or what his college career was like.

Well it certainly helps to learn something in college. Tom brady is the exception not the norm. Most players who have a good college career go on to do well in the NFL. Also doing well in college gets you paid on that first day of the draft, and Callahan has done nothing for these guys to have a buzz about anyone of them so they can land that payday. At this rate we wont have anyone who can even pull a Ryan Leaf. I would rather get my payday and have a shot at the NFL than to be coached so badly in college I dont get looked at and never have a chance.