How many NFL careers has Cally destroyed

My guess would be none. Talent scouts will find their players. Doesn't matter who is coaching them or where they play.

Look at Tom Brady. The guy was #199 overall in the 2000 draft and played behind Brian Griese at Michigan until 1998 and 1999. My point is that the talent will always come to the top, doesn't matter who happen to be coaching him or what his college career was like.

Well it certainly helps to learn something in college. Tom brady is the exception not the norm. Most players who have a good college career go on to do well in the NFL. Also doing well in college gets you paid on that first day of the draft, and Callahan has done nothing for these guys to have a buzz about anyone of them so they can land that payday. At this rate we wont have anyone who can even pull a Ryan Leaf. I would rather get my payday and have a shot at the NFL than to be coached so badly in college I dont get looked at and never have a chance.

I'd throw Joe Montana into this mix as well. He was a 3rd round pick. :) He had a decent college career. He didn't start a whole lot of games. Yet he was the greatest QB the NFL has ever seen. He had ice in his veins. If the 49ers were w/in a TD in the waning mins of a game, it was almost certain the 49ers were going to win. That aspect was shear intimidation on Joe's part. :)

My guess would be none. Talent scouts will find their players. Doesn't matter who is coaching them or where they play.

Look at Tom Brady. The guy was #199 overall in the 2000 draft and played behind Brian Griese at Michigan until 1998 and 1999. My point is that the talent will always come to the top, doesn't matter who happen to be coaching him or what his college career was like.

Well it certainly helps to learn something in college. Tom brady is the exception not the norm. Most players who have a good college career go on to do well in the NFL. Also doing well in college gets you paid on that first day of the draft, and Callahan has done nothing for these guys to have a buzz about anyone of them so they can land that payday. At this rate we wont have anyone who can even pull a Ryan Leaf. I would rather get my payday and have a shot at the NFL than to be coached so badly in college I dont get looked at and never have a chance.

Mike and Mike had a good segment on this last week. They went through all the starting QBs in the NFL. About 1/3 were dark horses like Brady, and about 2/3 were highly regarded 1st or 2nd round picks. So you're right in that respect, that the Bradys and Favres are the exception.

However I would have to disagree with the idea that most good college players go on to do well in the NFL. Does anyone think Troy Smith is going to go light up the NFL...Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch, Zac Taylor for that matter (and that's only QBs)....There are tons of players out there who will excel at the college level but lack the necessary skills to be NFL starters...

It's amazing...Ruud and McKeon were both top 15 LB draft prospects at the beginning of the season according to Mel Kiper....think either one of them has any chance to get drafted at this point?

That shows what Mel Kiper knows, neither one of these guys should, or deserve to be drafted. Whether they love/hate their coach, have years of great coaches or just walked off the street, neither one of these guys plays with much intensity, and yes I saw both of Bo's pick sixes.

Mike and Mike had a good segment on this last week. They went through all the starting QBs in the NFL. About 1/3 were dark horses like Brady, and about 2/3 were highly regarded 1st or 2nd round picks. So you're right in that respect, that the Bradys and Favres are the exception.

However I would have to disagree with the idea that most good college players go on to do well in the NFL. Does anyone think Troy Smith is going to go light up the NFL...Tommy Frazier, Eric Crouch, Zac Taylor for that matter (and that's only QBs)....There are tons of players out there who will excel at the college level but lack the necessary skills to be NFL starters...

I guess i will have to agree to disagree. My main point is you build your 1st payday off of what you do in college most of the time. Granted there are exceptions as we mentioned above. But it can never hurt to get a ton of hype while in college because you are almost assured the payday, i.e Jamarcus Russell, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning (rode into that on his brothers coat tails), Ladanian Tomlinson, Ahman Green, Grant Wistrom, Dallas Clark, Larry Johnson...i could go on and on about good or even decent players in college that it never hurt to get major press in college......as you could go on about good players who flopped (or anyone who wins the Heisman) Either way it cant hurt to get the hype. I guess my main grip is this coaching staff has in no way helped the players they have brought in. The only players from this coaching staff that have even remotely impressed me were still solich guys. Nothing will convice me this coaching staff can coach up talent and provide them a better opportunity to the NFL if any than an average coach, and the NFL aspect is what they use to recruit. It doesnt do us much good to get a ton of great players from high school that we cant develope, because then we end up with a bunch of high school kids playing D-1 football. Callahans line of "i can get you to the NFL" is a load of crap when he cant coach you up.

I'm beyond fustrated with this coaching staff and am in a stage of shock. I just am affraid this stage of firing coaches every 4 or 5 years will continue and we will never get anywhere. But I guess the almighty TO is in charge so i need to pass my better judgment and just trust him. He has never steered me wrong in the past with the exception of SP, but he was a snake.

I now have carpletunnel......GBR!!!!

Frazier certainly would have. Just not as a QB.The only reason he wasn't drafted was his blood clots.

adds new light to adam's statement about everything he learned in college was wrong.

Does't it

:madash

He had to learn a new position... ;)

Brandon Jackson

Stu Bradley(DE with previous staff)

Those are all I've got.

Wait you said ruined their NFL careers. My bad.

Yea, I really don't get where people think that this staff is "ruining people's NFL chances". I think it's bogus.

Jesus, even Andrew Shanle ( :o ) got signed as a free agent (I think) to the Bears. I think he's on scout team though.

It's amazing...Ruud and McKeon were both top 15 LB draft prospects at the beginning of the season according to Mel Kiper....think either one of them has any chance to get drafted at this point?

McKeon don't deserve consideration to be drafted...he is way too immature and hasn't done crap on the field. He is a loser....

do you have to be invited to an NFL combine?

i'm thinking if they show-up well at the combine and impress the reviews, they may be able to have a good shot at the NFL.

otherwise... well... oops.

I think they do...Sometimes bad mechanics in your throwing motion can be corrected by the right coach...Maybe NFL scouts look past that.

There was an interesting segment on ESPNU when they 1st started showing on dishnetwork following the QB on my nephews team trying to get invited to a combine and get drafted.

Last I heard, he signed as a free agent with the Bolts, but when I looked up his name (Brett Elliott), seems he may have been cut.

Brett Elliott: the best in the land

Brett Elliott, DS #19 QB, Linfield