Yeah, that's it. Yuck it up, but I've been a Husker fan for more that forty years, and I never dreamed that it would come to this. Sorry, that should have been "lynching," not "linching," but I typed it out rather quickly.

It looks as though you all are finally having some excitement in your thin, crusty lives. Of course, this comes at the expense of coaches, their families, players, players-to-be, and the entire Husker football program.

I know this season has been a disappointment, but I don't think that there is another program in the country that would be totally dismantled because of a 4-4 record. Husker fans are looking like complete idiots.

IBR got his way . . . after creation of a website dedicated to the destruction of the coaching staff, he got to see Pederson get fired. That's fine, I know nothing about him . . . but a midseason firing was a bad decision, especially since it has only served to throw gas on the fire.

Callahan and most of his staff are as anxious to get out of Lincoln as most of you seem to be to see him gone. Trust me. He is thoroughly sick of dealing with this crap. He will go on to have a good career elsewhere. i wish him well. In the meantime . . .

The program has self-destructed, and you are all gleefully passing rumors, coaching from your couches, and defaming everyone associated with the current Huskers.

Losers.

The Huskers will not win one more game this season. They may not even bother to show up for the games; there is no reason to, really.

Next season's coaching staff will at least have some good recruits, care of Callahan--the ones, that is, that chose to remain. Will the new staff do anything with them? Not enough. They will be fired, too, because whenever next year's team loses, you "fans" will turn into a mob once again.

Now I understand now why head coaches are paid so much. Remember, I told you what would happen. Now have fun, kiddies.

The whole country agrees with what is going on espn, rome, etc. I have not heard nothing negative in regards to firing Billy C. ........come on be honest are you somehow tied to Billy C.?????

You would have to be blind to not see the state of NU football.......the program.......the fans have been awesome...I have been to every single home game watching my team get killed by mediocre teams and listen to a coach say that he feels the coaching is great but the execution is flawed..............TO knew and saw this coming he has been at NU it has not changed his loyalty............

he knows this program has been shot to hell.......................stating the obvious is not being a bad fan

Now I understand now why head coaches are paid so much. Remember, I told you what would happen. Now have fun, kiddies.

English...its a language not a side of beef so stop butchering it! :hellloooo

Do you have problems understanding English? Perhaps you should insert some commas . . . that might help you read with some understanding. I understand that some folks depend upon punctuation rather heavily.

. . . the complete implosion of the Nebraska Cornhusker program.

The fans have become a linching mob, looking for someone to blame. AD has been fired and replaced by a 70-year old former glory guy.

Coaches have been threatened, and they no longer have any hope. Most likely, they don't even care.

Nearly every player has been called everything from dirt to scum. I wonder why they don't seem to have any life on the field?

Recruits are jumping ship, because this ship is sinking fast.

My Huskers are dead. Long live the Internet Message Boards!

No coach will survive in Nebraska for more that five years, from herein out.

Stick a fork in it, it's done. Turn it over.

Say, I Bleed Red, good job. Your wish has come true.

--A former Husker fan

So why don't you tell us how you think it should have happened? How should the fans, media, etc act in this situation?

I agree it has been nasty at times, but the direction of this program is not acceptable to us lesser fans.

Do you think we should have just continued on as things are? What is it that you want to see happen?

You sound like Plaschke on Around the Horn the other night. I like to think that most of us here know that Rome wasn't built in a day, and most of the time football programs aren't rebuilt in one season. Cally went 4 years showing minimal improvement. So what if BC can recruit, all the talent in the world won't get you anywhere unless you can coach it. Barring an utter and complete meltdown, I'll give whoever comes in 4 years so breathe life into the 'Skers once again. I'm not gonna say you were never a Husker fan, I'm gonna take it one step further, you're a fair-weather fan. But what do my opinions matter in the grand scheme of things?

:rant

Thank you, I'm done.

The fans have become a linching mob, looking for someone to blame. AD has been fired and replaced by a 70-year old former glory guy.

Coaches have been threatened, and they no longer have any hope. Most likely, they don't even care.

Nearly every player has been called everything from dirt to scum. I wonder why they don't seem to have any life on the field?

--A former Husker fan

So why don't you tell us how you think it should have happened? How should the fans, media, etc act in this situation?

I agree it has been nasty at times, but the direction of this program is not acceptable to us lesser fans.

Do you think we should have just continued on as things are? What is it that you want to see happen?

I believe he thinks we should go a season with no wins in order to fire an unworthy coach. Even then, he is stuck so far up callys ass, he would still try and call of the mobs.

Yeah, that's it. Yuck it up, but I've been a Husker fan for more that forty years, and I never dreamed that it would come to this. Sorry, that should have been "lynching," not "linching," but I typed it out rather quickly.

It looks as though you all are finally having some excitement in your thin, crusty lives. Of course, this comes at the expense of coaches, their families, players, players-to-be, and the entire Husker football program.

I know this season has been a disappointment, but I don't think that there is another program in the country that would be totally dismantled because of a 4-4 record. Husker fans are looking like complete idiots.

IBR got his way . . . after creation of a website dedicated to the destruction of the coaching staff, he got to see Pederson get fired. That's fine, I know nothing about him . . . but a midseason firing was a bad decision, especially since it has only served to throw gas on the fire.

Callahan and most of his staff are as anxious to get out of Lincoln as most of you seem to be to see him gone. Trust me. He is thoroughly sick of dealing with this crap. He will go on to have a good career elsewhere. i wish him well. In the meantime . . .

The program has self-destructed, and you are all gleefully passing rumors, coaching from your couches, and defaming everyone associated with the current Huskers.

Losers.

The Huskers will not win one more game this season. They may not even bother to show up for the games; there is no reason to, really.

Next season's coaching staff will at least have some good recruits, care of Callahan--the ones, that is, that chose to remain. Will the new staff do anything with them? Not enough. They will be fired, too, because whenever next year's team loses, you "fans" will turn into a mob once again.

Actually the only player that I seem to remember anyone saying anything about was McKeon. He's a cancer on the team. Otheriwse I feel for the rest of these kids. Having been sold on a lie. Where's the integrity of that? These kids will be better off w/another caring coaching staff. Not the Current one's who could care less about tradition or excellence.

See you fair weather fan. The rest of us will stick it out through thick or thin. :)

but a midseason firing was a bad decision, especially since it has only served to throw gas on the fire.

So when is a good time to fire an AD, since there is always going to be a season going on in college athletics except for a short amount of time at the end of summer. You are an idiot. And let me quote the favorite p*nis you are slobbing and call you a Crusty old F*ck

--A former Husker fan

:thumbs

Thanks for your in depth analysis and overall boring thoughts. See ya later.

GO BIG RED... The Huskers and the Black Shirts shall return to their glory.. :woo

--A former Husker fan

I, agree the news from the Grandstand on the OWH was always positive and still is and the players would never have heard a bad remark about their playing. I'm with you, these message boards are the down fall of Nebraska. Makes me almost want to stop posting here.

Give me a break.........................what do you want us to beg you to stay??? If you want to leave than that is your business. You can go ahead and say that the next coach is going to win with Callahan's recruits all you want. We all know the man can recruit, but he can't coach for sh#t! What good does it do to have 5 star recruits going to waste from crappy coaching???

--A former Husker fan

dont you have some hidden treasure to go and search for, i hear you guys have a secret map on the back of the Declaration of Independence

bye bye "FORMER FAN"