Danny Woodhead

jlarsan

This is how dumb our coaching staff is. We had a chance to get Danny Woodhead but our coaches said that he was to small, funny thing is he has broke every NCAA rushing record. He is now a senior at Chadron State and has a good shot at going pro. He would of been a great asset to the team. I'm sure if Tom would of been HC we would have got him.

This is how dumb our coaching staff is. We had a chance to get Danny Woodhead but our coaches said that he was to small, funny thing is he has broke every NCAA rushing record. He is now a senior at Chadron State and has a good shot at going pro. He would of been a great asset to the team. I'm sure if Tom would of been HC we would have got him.

Don't think he would have broken those records running in D-I bud although he would have been a decent back. And Solich was the one who ignored him initially and not Callahan so try again at placing more blame on fire on this coaching staff.

OK obviously he wouldnt be just destroying all these rushing records like he is doing at chadron, but somebody please tell me how on God's green earth the current coaching staff and and franks staff could say we are not going to give this kid a scholarship becasue he is too small (eventhough i think that if Frank would have stayed they would have given him one late). Look at the kids that they gave scholarships to instead. Courtney Grixby 5-9 160 and a 4.52 forty, Robert Rands 5-7 160 and a 4.41 forty, Antoine Bagwell 5-11 180 4.28 forty, Cory Ross 5-6 195. Now obviously it was a good idea to give scholarships to Grixby and Ross and maybe Rands and Bagwell also deserved scholarships, but if you give these guys scholarships how can you justify not giving a scholarship to the all-time Nebraska class A leader in rushing and touchdowns just becasue he is 5-8 180 with a 4.58 forty.

Football isnt all about big guys and running fast, if that was true no one would have even thought about giving Barry Sanders chance, the thing Danny does so well is his vision, i have personally known the Woodheads since in was like 2 years old and I played high school ball with him and he jsut has unbeleviable vision and can find holes even when they are not there. I really think he could be starting this year or next considering he would have redshirted a year, cause with the line NU has this year i think you need a back who can find a whole. Lucky is a great player, he needs to be in the open field before he can make great plays and our line is not getting he there right now.

I'm not saying that he is a bad back, I think he would have been successful in D-I but as mentioned before all D-I programs and UNO and UNK did not offer him. Wyoming and Colorado St. are out in his area too and did not offer. Hindsight is 20/20, he's was good, great for him, he wasn't what teams were looking for at the time. I understand you being from North Platte (I assume) have a bit more of an opinion on this matter as well.

I'm not saying that he is a bad back, I think he would have been successful in D-I but as mentioned before all D-I programs and UNO and UNK did not offer him. Wyoming and Colorado St. are out in his area too and did not offer. Hindsight is 20/20, he's was good, great for him, he wasn't what teams were looking for at the time. I understand you being from North Platte (I assume) have a bit more of an opinion on this matter as well.

people make mistakes.......