This Staff Has To Go NOW!!!!

father5

Can't we just bask in the good play and effort today & bitch & moan tomorrow. We should have won. GBR!

Um... WHAT?

200 yards rushing by one guy in the 4th quarter alone?

3 and 15 and you give up a 40 yd touchdown?

Up 17-3 and lose?

Put down the pipe.

You know, I don't like Clownahan. However, what do you want him to say because I'm sure Gabbert asked about his situation next year? Do you want this staff to lie just to get him to commit? I'd rather have them tell him the truth which it seems they did. There is a pretty good chance this staff won't be here next year. Why lie to guys they have been recruiting?

WHO NEEDS GABBERT? WE NEED LINE MEN TO GIVE THE LIKES OF GABBERT TIME. SO LONG GABBERT WE REALLY DIDN;T NEED ANOTHER CALLY QB!!!!!

well...we have a carpetbagger for a coach, guess they figure we can have carpetbagger players also. There are some players that come from out of state though that have always been Husker fans before they were players, though. I would say most of the out of state players currently on the team came because BC gave them hope of making it to the NFL.

Dan Hawkins and Ron Prince, both in their 2nd years have wins over top 10 teams! Those programs are getting stronger every game. Last year was our best team under Callahan and we still came up short. In my opinion we've got the talent to compete and win. If BC would just keep it simple, things would be different. The Offense learning a 100 page playbook? The Defense practicing against a 100 page playbook? You play like you practice.

Have Fun, Keep it simple. Whatever happened to good old fashioned smash mouth football?

Forgiveness means letting go...Goodbye BC

I've always been a staunch Osborne supporter (Even getting into make-believe arguments with my old Girlfriend's Dad..a Booster).

But I don't feel Dr. Tom is at the top of his game yet.

How else can you explain painting himself into a corner like that by immediately stating that there would be no "real" (or thorough?) evaluations until the end of the season?

That may have made our coaches feel better for the time being, but it probably cost us much of this years recruiting class.

I can't imagine very many recruits believing the current staff will be around next season or at the very most., gone in the next one or two seasons.

And even if they somehow had faith that Cally and Co. would still be around, it has to be obvious just by watching our televised games that these Coaches aren't a good way of getting to the next level.

Unless Osborne starts giving out guarantees to the coaching staff (shudder) there's no way we should let the current coaching staff get near any recruits..How can their hearts be in recruiting for a program they won't be a part of?

Father, pretty sure that's accurate (at least, I've heard that rumor as well). I can't say I am shocked that this staff might do something like that, especially after listening to Billy "Spin Doctor" Callahan's last couple of press conferences.

And like Madro said - we don't exactly have an empty stable. We're going to be just fine at the Offensive skill positions for a couple of years.

Why are these "Lame Ducks" still allowed to interact with recruits?