I cant even put a Husker shirt on anymore

I wear my shirts on Saturday, most of the time I wear them to work on Friday. I have a 3'x5' flag I fly outside my porch everyday all year, 24/7.

I live in Austin. It's tough puttin' up with all the longhorn egos, but most of the people that know me have developed a respect for the Huskers because I stand up for them and support them. I let them know just how good a team they are and will be again. I've also developed a little respect for some of the longhorn fans in return.

I bad-mouth our coaches some, but always expect them to do the right thing every week. Everyone down here knows what's going on and realize it won't last forever. There are a few Husker fans down here and it's good to talk it out with them, just as it is on this board.

Currently, I'm a little numb and enthusiasm is waning, but I still stand behind Big Red.

I see it as we all need to stick with our team, the team is weak right now and it's easy for the fanbase to become weak as well. We need to help our brothers and sisters who feel like giving up... instead of insulting them and chasing them away, encourage them to keep on supporting our Nebraska team! The fans are what make this sport great, and our fans are the greatest... WE ARE NEBRASKA

GBR!

I do live deep in enemy territory , but I have always worn the red with pride. After the OSU game my big red gear has been put up. I also took my Husker static cling decal off my car and reattached it upside down. I just cant wear the stuff with pride anymore. The OSU game was the first time in 34 years that I left a game early. Hell , I was out of there at halftime at Mistys drinking heavily with other disgruntled fans. Never thought i'd see the day that things actually got this bad. Hopefully I can take it back out of storage by next fall with our new coaching staff at the helm whoever they may be.

I usually do not like posting on another team's site, especially a Husker site but I cannot refrain. The reason is very simple, you love going onto Netbuffs or Allbuffs and talk a bunch of crap and bash CU fans religously yet here you are trashing your gear. I do not like Nebraska but I respect their traditions and their fan base for they have been solid. Now is the time when you really see who has the resolve to man up and show support for a struggling team. Last season when Colorado got embarrassed and lost to Montana State I still had my CU sticker on the back of my truck, I still wore my CU T-Shirts and I live deep in the heart of SEC country where people think there is no such thing as football west of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line. I take my ridicule and abuse like a man, because I support my team when we win or when we lose. You not only embarrass yourself with your childish behavior on other people's sites but now you embarrass these people here that still root with undying affection for their Cornhuskers. Honestly, I do not want Nebraska to suck, at least for not too long :) , I want them back in the Top 10 and I want Colorado in the Top 10 and I want to kick your rear ends on the day after Thanksgiving, this is what college football is all about. I want that game to matter and mean something.

I do live deep in enemy territory , but I have always worn the red with pride. After the OSU game my big red gear has been put up. I also took my Husker static cling decal off my car and reattached it upside down. I just cant wear the stuff with pride anymore. The OSU game was the first time in 34 years that I left a game early. Hell , I was out of there at halftime at Mistys drinking heavily with other disgruntled fans. Never thought i'd see the day that things actually got this bad. Hopefully I can take it back out of storage by next fall with our new coaching staff at the helm whoever they may be.

I usually do not like posting on another team's site, especially a Husker site but I cannot refrain. The reason is very simple, you love going onto Netbuffs or Allbuffs and talk a bunch of crap and bash CU fans religously yet here you are trashing your gear. I do not like Nebraska but I respect their traditions and their fan base for they have been solid. Now is the time when you really see who has the resolve to man up and show support for a struggling team. Last season when Colorado got embarrassed and lost to Montana State I still had my CU sticker on the back of my truck, I still wore my CU T-Shirts and I live deep in the heart of SEC country where people think there is no such thing as football west of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line. I take my ridicule and abuse like a man, because I support my team when we win or when we lose. You not only embarrass yourself with your childish behavior on other people's sites but now you embarrass these people here that still root with undying affection for their Cornhuskers. Honestly, I do not want Nebraska to suck, at least for not too long :) , I want them back in the Top 10 and I want Colorado in the Top 10 and I want to kick your rear ends on the day after Thanksgiving, this is what college football is all about. I want that game to matter and mean something.

:yeah

AND He's a buffs fan. He gets what it means to wear your colors with pride not matter what. Thanks BeachBuffs!

Amen, BeachBuff, Amen.

Then unfortunately you are not a true Husker fan. Even in times of great despair, w/our beloved Football team, I proudly wear my Husker gear. I wear it in places such as Missouri,colorado, Iowa, Kansa, Etc. Even now I still do. I will always and forever be a Husker fan and contiue wearing their stuff til I die. :)

GBR!!

no you should keep in storage, I live in oklahoma and still wear nebraska with pride and oh yeah i get laughed at and i just say we will be back and then who will be laughing , you are not a true fan,you should support your team no matter what.....

This is probly not my busness,but it"s no good just to be a best fan when you"re team wins. Anyone can go to a store an buy team stuuf and say they are fans of a top team Like your GBR has been for along time. True tuff fans stay with they"re team all the time,and then when you"re team wins, It"s extra nice! Then it"S good to pump out youy"re chest an say; See, I"m an all the time fan!

I knwo somethings abouth this, I"m a Tiger fan.

I say pull you"re head out of you"re butt an be a GBR. Stay tough on you"re team, but stay with them.

The cornhuskers will ride the pikle <means football fgames> again soon: :nanalama

Tuff Tiger :moreinteresting

Tuff as Rain! I think it's great that other fans come and tell you to pull your head out of your ass too. Get a clue. In honor of Tuff Tiger... :moreinteresting

I live twenty freaking miles from Norman. I hung a 3x5 Husker flag on my porch before the season. To this day that flag flies. it will continue to until the season end. People have given me much sh#t. It means nothing to me. I am a Husker yesterday , today, and tomorrow. I will NEVER put my gear away. 13 and 0 or 0 and 13 this is my team. PERIOD!

have you ever gone decked out in nebraska to a ou football practice I do and I think it is so funny? lol

Oh good, an "I'm the REAL true fan" contest again. Look, I get where he's coming from-- there has been something "off" about this team for the last four years. What are we fans of? Are we fans of a uniform and a red letter N or are we fans of a group of players, coaches, and a tradition? The tradition will always be here, no matter how hard the former AD tried to squelch it, but the players and coaches aren't fitting into that tradition (the former because of the latter, in my opinion). On Saturday, I don't cheer for a uniform, an emblem, or even a geographic location; there has always been a team that I admired. Now, though, I see a coach who doesn't care and never really has who is now holding out for a contract buy out. I'm used to a coach who took less money than he could have earned because he wanted to spread it around to is assistants. The players don't seem to know what they're playing for any more, either. I define Cornhuskers through the tradition and these just don't fit that tradition.

Since Cally took over, I just don't get as excited at game time because it's now a faceless, generic, just below middle-of-the-road team. Even when Solich went 7 and 7 I was worked up, angry, excited, and yelling because I cared about the team... I might have made fun of "muh gonna keep it" Lord, but it felt like he was part of the past-present link. Solich was part of the Husker family and I expected more of him because of that. Now there are strangers living in the old house and I'm not taking their candy just because they are in the same spot that the family was. I'm more exited when former husker coaches do well than when NU does well because I'm not a fan of Red or Ns or people who happen to be playing in Lincoln, it's the tradition.

When I go to games, I'll still cheer as I always have, wear red, stay till the end, and leave hoarse. But it isn't as electric as it once was, when I could barely hold my camera still during the tunnel walk, because, like the current folks wearing the shirts and uniforms down on the field, I'm going through the motions. If it never returns then it never returns and I'll go on with my life; there are things that are more important than football.

I bought a Nebraska sweatshirt on our recent trip to Omaha and wore it with pride in Missouri during our stay there. Win or lose, I'm a Husker fan. I have to be willing to take the bad with the good.

And the reference to OU fans is dead-on! Back in the 90's, you couldn't give OU stuff away. My co-workers and I bought tickets to the OU-KSU game back then for $5 a piece. No one admitted to being an OU fan. But now, everyone is a "lifelong" Sooner fan. Don't become one of those types of fans. Be proud in who you are. Wear your gear with pride. Show it off. One bad year doesn't make or break a program. If someone wants to ridicule you for the one bad year we're having, quickly turn the conversation to the other 40 or so years we dominated. See how quickly they drink from the "shut-the-hell-up" fountain.

I wear my Husker gear to all the ISU football games. I take a little crap, but not much since the average ISU fan hasn't reached N in the alphabet yet.

Hawkeye fans used to give me more trouble but considering that they suck in one of the pussiest conferences in college football (Big 10...give me a break...) and that even ISU beat them, I don't have to take them too seriously.

Anyway, my Nebraska jacket is the only one I have (except for the ugly UAB jacket my sister sent me) so to put away my Husker pride is not an option. For me, it actually IS a matter of life and death (freezing to death that is...)

Come basketball season though...I'll be wearing my ISU sweatshirt because, frankly, Cornhusker basketball has always sucked.

This is probly not my busness,but it"s no good just to be a best fan when you"re team wins. Anyone can go to a store an buy team stuuf and say they are fans of a top team Like your GBR has been for along time. True tuff fans stay with they"re team all the time,and then when you"re team wins, It"s extra nice! Then it"S good to pump out youy"re chest an say; See, I"m an all the time fan!

I knwo somethings abouth this, I"m a Tiger fan.

I say pull you"re head out of you"re butt an be a GBR. Stay tough on you"re team, but stay with them.

The cornhuskers will ride the pikle <means football fgames> again soon: :nanalama

Tuff Tiger :moreinteresting

HEY TT!!! Hows it going man!? You on the ISU talk internets this week? Which ones are you on? I gotta know! TUFF AS RAIN!!!! :moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:nanalama:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting:moreinteresting