Joe Dailey

I'm listening to Husker Beat (I think that's the name of it), on 1620. Matt Hoskinson just mentioned something about talking to a player who was here during Callahan's first year when Joe Dailey was QB. Matt wouldn't name this guy, but this guy told Matt that halftime was basically spent with the coaches yelling at Dailey instead of the team making adjustments.

I was never a big Dailey fan, but this is wrong and is further proof that Callahan does not belong in the college game.

I then wanted to look up info on Dailey and went to huskers.com (the official NU site). I brought up the roster for the 2004-2005 season and Dailey's name is not listed. Dailey didn't leave on the best of terms, but he did play for Nebraska and deserves to be listed. Wonder if this is an honest mistake or a slight.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2004

Dailey was a solid qb that got ruined by these coaches. HAd Barney and the gang stayed or any type of normal offense, he probably would of done well. He is not a West Coast qb and def. not a Callahan West Coast qb.

I thought the same thing of Dailey til I saw him play QB at UNC. Guy was a horrible QB, just stared down his receiver the whole time (that's why he got benched half way through last year). He was definitly made more for the option where he could run more and pass a lot less.

I'm listening to Husker Beat (I think that's the name of it), on 1620. Matt Hoskinson just mentioned something about talking to a player who was here during Callahan's first year when Joe Dailey was QB. Matt wouldn't name this guy, but this guy told Matt that halftime was basically spent with the coaches yelling at Dailey instead of the team making adjustments.

I was never a big Dailey fan, but this is wrong and is further proof that Callahan does not belong in the college game.

I then wanted to look up info on Dailey and went to huskers.com (the official NU site). I brought up the roster for the 2004-2005 season and Dailey's name is not listed. Dailey didn't leave on the best of terms, but he did play for Nebraska and deserves to be listed. Wonder if this is an honest mistake or a slight.

This ain't the NFL. That is Callahan's problem.

Dailey got ran out on a rail by BC. No, he wasn't a good qb, but anyone that was starter one year and demoted to 4th string the next is being told to get out of town. BC didn't want a solich recruit running his WCO. BC wanted to get HIS guy in there. Along came Zac Taylor to take the reigns for a year or two while BC molds his heralded qb Harrison Beck. Well, Beck bolted, ZT did a good job the next year, and is replaced by another short term guy, SK.

He isn't listed on the previous year 2003 either, which was his Freshman year. Pedia has it right

12 Dailey, Joe QB 6-00 200 Fr. Jersey City, N.J. (St. Peter's)

Dailey was a solid qb that got ruined by these coaches. HAd Barney and the gang stayed or any type of normal offense, he probably would of done well. He is not a West Coast qb and def. not a Callahan West Coast qb.

that is why he is playing QB at UNC right now, right? oh yeah, he is playing wide reciever this year

that is why he is playing QB at UNC right now, right? oh yeah, he is playing wide reciever this year

What type of offense does UNC run?

I'm thinking that if he was in a kind of spread option, or option football where he threw 15-20 times a game he'd have been a lot better than what callahan tried to install.