Callahan Fired?

Similar to what I heard this week and I posted on another thread. I was told that the group of people who want Callahan gone are getting over ruled by TO. He said to them he does not want to fire him mid-season if he can avoid it. Source also said that Cally has dug his heels in the sand about the buyout and other coaches are taking a more active role in the team and recruiting. The buyout is STILL being negotiated. Also, the 2 weeks statement I said if we are embarrassed and I am impressed that we played well. TO is firm on 2 things:

We are underdogs here on out so there isn't much to gain now at firing Cally.

AND

Cally is fired immediately after the season (already decided) and he wants Bo Pelini as his first choice with Watson to stay on board. I am not sure if anything else will happen the rest of the year but it appears that TO has said let's evaluate the players and assistants outside of the line coaches and Cosgrove.

Not much info, but TO has calmed the boosters who initially wanted PUD and Cally gone 2 weeks ago.

Similar to what I heard this week and I posted on another thread. I was told that the group of people who want Callahan gone are getting over ruled by TO. He said to them he does not want to fire him mid-season if he can avoid it. Source also said that Cally has dug his heels in the sand about the buyout and other coaches are taking a more active role in the team and recruiting. The buyout is STILL being negotiated. Also, the 2 weeks statement I said if we are embarrassed and I am impressed that we played well. TO is firm on 2 things:

AND

Cally is fired immediately after the season (already decided) and he wants Bo Pelini as his first choice with Watson to stay on board. I am not sure if anything else will happen the rest of the year but it appears that TO has said let's evaluate the players and assistants outside of the line coaches and Cosgrove.

Not much info, but TO has calmed the boosters who initially wanted PUD and Cally gone 2 weeks ago.

I respect TO's decisions because I know he truly has the best interests of the program at heart. It seems like he's giving himself time to set things up properly rather than just making a mess of things like PUD did. When he fires BC he'll already have a plan in place.

AND

I respect TO's decisions because I know he truly has the best interests of the program at heart. It seems like he's giving himself time to set things up properly rather than just making a mess of things like PUD did. When he fires BC he'll already have a plan in place.

I agree. TO is smart enough not to do what SP did. I think he will have someone in ready to take over before the CU game and announce it soon after. None of this very pulblic offering and non-acceptings. This will give the individual a couple of months to contact and secure recruits.

Rumor or not, I just pray that their right! If true, I just hate that their going to drag this out till the end of the season! It should be done asap to salvage recruiting.

If things keep going the way they are going, recruiting won't be a problem. We cannot count on being in a bowl game, so if there is a new coach in line he will have the whole bowl season to begin/continue recruiting. If (and I do mean "IF") Dr. Tom does fire Callahan, I am sure it will not be the same cluster-f*ck it was when Pedy fired Solich. I am pretty sure Dr. Tom will have someone in mind and in place to hit the ground running.

I'm confident he will have already all but hired the new guy before he says anything remotely similar to 'pack your bags' to BC. It will be a VERY smooth transisition. I'm also confident that his choice of replacement just might surprise us. His ways are higher than our ways, and thoughts higher than our thoughts......................so to speak.

Rumor or not, I just pray that their right! If true, I just hate that their going to drag this out till the end of the season! It should be done asap to salvage recruiting.

If things keep going the way they are going, recruiting won't be a problem. We cannot count on being in a bowl game, so if there is a new coach in line he will have the whole bowl season to begin/continue recruiting. If (and I do mean "IF") Dr. Tom does fire Callahan, I am sure it will not be the same cluster-f*ck it was when Pedy fired Solich. I am pretty sure Dr. Tom will have someone in mind and in place to hit the ground running.

I'm confident he will have already all but hired the new guy before he says anything remotely similar to 'pack your bags' to BC. It will be a VERY smooth transisition. I'm also confident that his choice of replacement just might surprise us. His ways are higher than our ways, and thoughts higher than our thoughts......................so to speak.

Agree! TO's so well respected that I honestly can't see it going any other way. I know he spoke with Kuli on his visit and was a big factor in getting him to commit, does anyone know if he's contacting other recruits?

Agree! TO's so well respected that I honestly can't see it going any other way. I know he spoke with Kuli on his visit and was a big factor in getting him to commit, does anyone know if he's contacting other recruits?

No doubt he is. As I understand he's got a message out to all of the recruits wanting them to call him. I *THINK* I heard that on Unsportsmanlike Conduct last week.

AND

I agree. TO is smart enough not to do what SP did. I think he will have someone in ready to take over before the CU game and announce it soon after. None of this very pulblic offering and non-acceptings. This will give the individual a couple of months to contact and secure recruits.

Yeah, i agree. I would almost bet TO could anounce the new coach at the post-game presser for the CU game.