A Glimpse of the Future

TLS2

I dont' know about anyone else but during the first half and part of the third quarter we saw some real, tough Nebraska football. It was exciting to watch our new kiddos take it to the Longhorns.

Just think what it will be like next year when we get a new coach! I'm sorry but Callahan made a huge mistake in taking the play calling back during the second half. As long as Shawn Watson was calling the plays our offense was making gains. It seemed like the minute Callahan took over we started to self destruct.

Anyway, it was exciting for awhile and who knows....maybe we can take this same energy to next week's game and actually win. Bowl Game still in our future?? Could be!

TLS2

If BC insists on calling plays for a half, maybe we can have him call plays the first half, hope we hang close then have Watson call them the second half so we can comeback and win.

The first half was good, but the stall about midway through the third qtr until about 3 minutes left is really what lost us the game. Even a couple of drives to eat away the clock would have been better.

The reason we lost, the only reason we lost, was that our defense gave out in the 4th quarter. We can talk O all day long, we had the points, that wasn't the problem. The root cause was a give out in the fourth. we were 17-9 in the forth, and gave up THAT many points.

I think part of the reason the D gave up that many points was that they were on the field quite a bit the second half. The O had a couple of three and outs, then a quick first down and three more plays and punt. In a game like this where you know your D isn't very good the O has to help them out and put points up and keep the clock moving.

The reason we lost, the only reason we lost, was that our defense gave out in the 4th quarter. We can talk O all day long, we had the points, that wasn't the problem. The root cause was a give out in the fourth. we were 17-9 in the forth, and gave up THAT many points.

I think part of the reason the D gave up that many points was that they were on the field quite a bit the second half. The O had a couple of three and outs, then a quick first down and three more plays and punt. In a game like this where you know your D isn't very good the O has to help them out and put points up and keep the clock moving.

I agree. They were bound to get tired and run out of gas.

All you have to do is look who is wearing the 'big' headphones. When Watson was calling the plays he was wearing those headphones and talking into the microphone. The tv camera would often pan him. But when the second half started you only saw Callahan doing so. They showed Watson maybe once and he had on a smaller headset.

TLS2

How do we know that Watson is calling the plays in the first half and not the second. It seems really strange that it would change like that. I don't think it's true.

I agree, but boy, did we ever think we would see Nebraska's defense give out? Amazing!

I agree. They were bound to get tired and run out of gas.

additionally, with all the chances we gave TX to bust loose on some big gains, given our frequent rushing, they were bound to get some. The O needed to keep theirs off the field more.