Sam Keller

Im sure that the time has passed for these two but does anyone know at what point you can still get a medical redshirt?

You have to half not participated in less than 33% of yout team's games due to injury. I believe that is correct. Equals out to about 2-3 games.

This sucks for both of them. Keller will do well in the combines and the draft. Get ready to see the 1st Nebraska QB drafted in over 30 years. Brandburgh is a heck of a blow to. Good luck to you Lance in the future as well. :)

Sorry to hear about all of your injuries. Already a tough season and this only makes it harder. I hope everyone has a speedy and full recovery. Hopefully Keller can still make it to a pro career.

Two bad injuries for the Huskers, and on the same day, Mizzou loses the senior safety and captain, Pig Brown with a ruptured achilles. Speedy recovery to all. I hate seeing those season ending injuries to guys who've worked their butts off since summer.

That sucks. What a bummer. I feel bad for Keller and Lance. As for Ganz, I'm sure he is ready b/c of his preparation, confidence, and three years in the system. The coaching staff give him 30% of practice snaps. They didnt do a good job of getting him actual game time experience outside of an occasional mop up/hand off duty if that. I looking foward to seeing Ganz out there. I'm not expecting too much, b/c how could I? I havent seen him play during meaningful minutes, at all. Evah. And neither have the coaches. Only practice and spring ball.

Keller out for season, unless Jan 1 bowl game, broken left collar bone. This is official

I'm really sorry to hear about the extent of his injury. The guy hasn't been perfect this season, but he's done a good job for us this year while continuing to show maturity and composure in interviews during this tailspin. I'm sure you all have read this story in the OWH, but I'll post the link just in case. It's a heartbreaker.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10169795

That article doesn't confirm anything. Unless you also have a mutual friend with SK...

What would I know, I just come on here and post whatever! I don't know anybody.

I never said that the article confirmed anything. What I said was that it was a heartbreaker in its description of how down Keller was after the game. Not every post is an attempt to start or confirm rumors.

Im sure that the time has passed for these two but does anyone know at what point you can still get a medical redshirt?

You have to half not participated in less than 33% of yout team's games due to injury. I believe that is correct. Equals out to about 2-3 games.

This sucks for both of them. Keller will do well in the combines and the draft. Get ready to see the 1st Nebraska QB drafted in over 30 years. Brandburgh is a heck of a blow to. Good luck to you Lance in the future as well. :)

Thank you

I have to wonder if these kids are more prone to injurry due to the fact that they "play" practice. Is it possible that they are just not used to serious contact? I think practicing full speed full padded will weed out the injury prone and make the kids a hell of a lot tougher. This is just my thoughts on all the massive amount of injurries durring the Callahan years.

here is the article from the LJS

Keller out for season

By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON / Lincoln Journal Star

Monday, Oct 29, 2007 - 12:34:04 pm CDT

Quarterback Sam Keller’s Husker career is over after nine games, the result of a season-ending shoulder injury.

Junior Joe Ganz will make his first start for the Huskers on Saturday against Kansas, a team that ranks fifth in the country in total defense.

Husker coach Bill Callahan confirmed that news during Monday’s Big 12 Coaches Teleconference.

“I would prefer that you speak to him and let him discuss the injury. His injury will take him out of the season this year,” Callahan said of Keller. “He’s done a tremendous job for us this year. I couldn’t be more pleased with the job he’s done for us.”

The senior hurt his left shoulder when he took a major hit in the final minutes of Saturday’s 28-25 loss to Texas.

Ganz came into the game, completing two of three passes to help the Huskers finish the drive with a touchdown.

After the game, Ganz sounded ready for the challenge of being Nebraska’s starter.

“I want to get my team to a bowl game,” Ganz said. “I don’t know what the status is on Sam, I hope he’s all right, but if he’s not, it’s my job to win these next three games and get our team to a bowl game. We can end the season on the right foot. If it falls on my shoulders, I love the pressure.”

Callahan said Ganz has had plenty of reps as a backup and should be ready to go.

“He’ll be competitive on Saturday, he will give it his all,” Callahan said. “I think our team and staff have the utmost confidence in his ability.”

Callahan said Patrick Witt and Beau Davis are fighting for the backup spot behind Ganz.

A quarterback injury is not the only thing the Huskers have to worry about.

Callahan said senior Lance Brandenburgh is also done for the season after suffering a shoulder injury against Texas.