Cosgrove

First, let me say I loved the effort of the Blackshirts today. Great job.

That said, why, oh why, didn't Cosgrove recognize the changes Texas started making in the running game? Once they started running out of the spread a little bit more, we were dead with all the blitz packages. On Charles' last TD run, I knew EXACTLY what Texas was going to run, and when I saw us bringing up an all-out blitz, I knew it was trouble.

I thought Cosgrove should have changed up his defense a bit. I loved the fact that we kept coming after the QB, but once Texas adjusted, we failed to do the same.

That said, why, oh why, didn't Cosgrove recognize the changes Texas started making in the running game? Once they started running out of the spread a little bit more, we were dead with all the blitz packages. On Charles' last TD run, I knew EXACTLY what Texas was going to run, and when I saw us bringing up an all-out blitz, I knew it was trouble.

I thought Cosgrove should have changed up his defense a bit. I loved the fact that we kept coming after the QB, but once Texas adjusted, we failed to do the same.

I would hold off on using the name BlackShirts for a while! :)

Well, they played like Blackshirts for 3 quarters. In fact, that was the saddest part of that game. It wasn't the offense. Keller has been mediocre all along and the OL has been pathetic all along. It wasn't that an average team ended up smacking the defense around. It was that for the first time ever, I heard an announcer praise the Huskers for playing real hard for three quarters. :wtf

Well, they played like Blackshirts for 3 quarters. In fact, that was the saddest part of that game. It wasn't the offense. Keller has been mediocre all along and the OL has been pathetic all along. It wasn't that an average team ended up smacking the defense around. It was that for the first time ever, I heard an announcer praise the Huskers for playing real hard for three quarters. :wtf

Come on now, Coz finally listened to the fans and but 8 in the box most of the day, if we keep asking for changes and making recommendations, his head is going to explode! He doesn't make in game adjustments, it hurts to hard for him to think about what needs to happen.

Yeah, 3 quarters..............now if you're a real Husker fan, thats nothing to be proud of.

Don't you all remember when the Huskers real time to kick ass was in the 4th QUARTER!

NOBODY could hang late in the game like Nebraska.

Yeah, 3 quarters..............now if you're a real Husker fan, thats nothing to be proud of.

Don't you all remember when the Huskers real time to kick ass was in the 4th QUARTER!

so true, our guys were conditioned to play 5 quarters back then. they all seemed to have another gear to play the 4th quarter.

a TRUE husker fan supports their team and acknowledges when they do good things. This season, THIS was a good thing. TRUE husker fans have to let go of the f'ing past and live with they have now without forgeting the past.

a TRUE husker fan supports their team and acknowledges when they do good things. This season, THIS was a good thing. TRUE husker fans have to let go of the f'ing past and live with they have now without forgeting the past.

They played hard and with emotion, and that is a good thing, but it is also an EXPECTED thing. I like the fact that you think that you know what all "TRUE" Husker fan is and should do. I will not let go of the past. I also think that most fans realize (with a 4-5 record) that we are definately not in the past. With a 4-5 record, I would be upset if Husker fans were not up in arms with unacceptance.

They played hard and with emotion, and that is a good thing, but it is also an EXPECTED thing. I like the fact that you think that you know what all "TRUE" Husker fan is and should do. I will not let go of the past. I also think that most fans realize (with a 4-5 record) that we are definately not in the past. With a 4-5 record, I would be upset if Husker fans were not up in arms with unacceptance.

What I'm saying is, you support your team. You see how they played the season to this point, you be happy when they show inprovement. Yes it is expected but with this team, you can't expect it. Now, if you have something to say to be about being a "TRUE" husker fan, let me know via PM. I'm not going to get into the habit of doging individuals on a thread that you just attempted to do. I already made that mistake this morning. Everybody has different things they believe a TRUE husker fan should do or say. I didn't sit here and say someone was or was not a TRUE husker fan, I voiced a f'ing opinion on what I think a TRUE husker would do. Take it for what it's worth.

Tough to have it both ways....if we change defenses and Charles and UT scores, Coz is stupid for changing something that had been working most of the game.

How about blaming Suh for missing a tackle near the end of the game that might have allowed NU to get the ball back with played time left on the clock

Tough to have it both ways....if we change defenses and Charles and UT scores, Coz is stupid for changing something that had been working most of the game.

How about blaming Suh for missing a tackle near the end of the game that might have allowed NU to get the ball back with played time left on the clock

I can agree to some extent with what you are saying here ETR. However, Cosgrove's problem since coming to NU is his inability to make adjustments. Sure there are issues with the level of play from some of the players. However, they are kids, and I do believe they are giving their best effort. I just don't think they are coached well enough to know what to do in key situations, or in basic execution.

In this game Cosgrove finally went away from what was killing us all year, but, predictably, he didn't adjust when the Texas offense adjusted. Once Charles started to shred our defense something needed to be done and it wasn't. That seems to have become Cosgove's signature.

There are very few coaches around who do less with more the way Mack Brown does. There are few that get that little out of that much talent. But even HE could see what to do against our defense. Sure, it took him longer than most coaches to adjust to a Cosgrove game plan. But once he did, there was no way Cosgrove was going to make any counter adjustments. At that point our only hope was to match TX touchdown for touchdown, and alas, that wasn't to be.

What I'm saying is, you support your team. You see how they played the season to this point, you be happy when they show inprovement. Yes it is expected but with this team, you can't expect it. Now, if you have something to say to be about being a "TRUE" husker fan, let me know via PM. I'm not going to get into the habit of doging individuals on a thread that you just attempted to do. I already made that mistake this morning. Everybody has different things they believe a TRUE husker fan should do or say. I didn't sit here and say someone was or was not a TRUE husker fan, I voiced a f'ing opinion on what I think a TRUE husker would do. Take it for what it's worth.

Not trying to dog you into anything. I really don't care what people think a true Husker fan is. That is my point. Nobody can specify what a "TRUE" fan is or does. If they think that they can, than they are pinhead. Boards are full of "a real Husker fan is this" and a "real Husker fan does this". Like I said, I am not attempting to start anything with you, I am just tired of hearing from others what real or true fan is.