Osborne clarifies comment

Osborne clarifies comment

Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne, in a statement released Monday, clarified his comment in which he referenced “the new coaching staff” during an interview with an Omaha television station.

When asked by KETV (Channel 7) anchor Jon Schuetz about bringing the walk-on program to old levels, Osborne responded:

“Well, that will depend somewhat on the new coaching staff, because they have to implement, and I can’t coach from the athletic director’s position.”

The statement, released by Nebraska associate athletic director for communications Randy York, said Osborne tried to make the point that any “new” staff working for the first time with him — including the current coaches — would implement the walk-on program, not him.

“From the first hour I was named interim athletic director, I have said that no decision has been made about the current coaching staff, and the current coaching staff has my full support through the rest of the season,” Osborne said. “I have contacted no coach about our head coaching position. I am very firm in my decision to wait until the end of the season to complete my evaluation. Anything that has been reported contrary to that position is not accurate.”

I will have to watch the clip again, but from what I remember I dont know how that could have been misinterpreted. I think he said something he didnt mean to say. I'm not saying that he has made up his mind already, but I thin that he has probably come pretty close, and that it is infact something that he is thinking about. me and my wife talk about buying a house all of the time. but that aint happening till I am done with school

I will have to watch the clip again, but from what I remember I dont know how that could have been misinterpreted. I think he said something he didnt mean to say. I'm not saying that he has made up his mind already, but I thin that he has probably come pretty close, and that it is infact something that he is thinking about. me and my wife talk about buying a house all of the time. but that aint happening till I am done with school

You're right TO is a liar!! We should fire his @ss!! :lol: If he is lying, it is the first time ever in the history of Mr. Osbornes life he would be lying. I think he probably just mis-spoke. I will take him for his word.

You're right TO is a liar!! We should fire his @ss!! :lol: If he is lying, it is the first time ever in the history of Mr. Osbornes life he would be lying. I think he probably just mis-spoke. I will take him for his word.

your right, the man has never lied. he's to busy walking on water, healing lepers and raising the dead....

your right, the man has never lied. he's to busy walking on water, healing lepers and raising the dead....

Glad to see you came around. :w00t

Dr. Tom is so I awesome. I believe him. Wish others would too. Then the rumor mill might ease up some.

Could I get you more Kool-Aid while I'm up? (It was invented in Nebraska, you know...)

It was invented the same place TO was invented.

They should make TO flavored kool-aid. It would taste like the greatest taste in the world.

yeah....he has 120 or so to raise from the dead now....lol

Who cares what he meant by it. I think he already know's in his mind that even if he thought for a min that Billy C was a good coach, that Husker Nation would revolt along w/the boosters if that clown was kept on for another year. 1 slip up up by the great TO and the media is all over it. Sheesh cut the man a break.

I trust that he won't "officially" make an announement until after the season. However "unofficially" Billy C is through. :) And the Saturday after Thanksgiving can't get here fast enough. :)

Who cares what he meant by it. I think he already know's in his mind that even if he thought for a min that Billy C was a good coach, that Husker Nation would revolt along w/the boosters if that clown was kept on for another year. 1 slip up up by the great TO and the media is all over it. Sheesh cut the man a break.

I trust that he won't "officially" make an announement until after the season. However "unofficially" Billy C is through. :) And the Saturday after Thanksgiving can't get here fast enough. :)

:yeah

In his mind TO must have been thinking, "I hope the reporter didn't hear me say that. OH, please, please, please, please, please!"

Note: We need a smileyface with the foot in the mouth.