Turner Gill on the HC job at Nebraska

I'd like to hear an argument as to why the leap from HC at Buffalo to HC at Nebraska is more of a leap than DC at LSU to HC at Nebraska. On the one had, LSU is a higher profile program, but on the other hand a Buffalo HC has experience managing an entire team, which an LSU DC does not.

I don't feel strongly about Gill or Pelini, I just don't think either position is any more legitimate as a stepping stone to Nebraska HC. I do feel strongly that T.O. will make the right decision, whatever that may be.

IMO, Pelini has more experience. I say this because he was a LB coach I believe with the Packers. Then he was DC for NU. Then he was co DC for OU. Now, he's DC for LSU. He's been around several historic programs with teams that have won titles in the past. Gill doesn't have as well rounded resume IMO. I also feel like Pelini has a bigger reach in terms of finding assitants to fill a staff.

There is also a lot of talk on the SMU board that Gill will be a candidate over there. He is from Ft. Worth and at one time was a position coach at SMU. It seems to me that size of a program would be a better fit for him at this point in his career and the facilities they have and are building at SMU are some of the best in the country which will help him recruit in a talent rich environment.

Ironically, he said that he didn't know the last time he talked to TO. HOWEVER, I was there working in a restaurant in Lincoln in late July when he appeared and sat down with TO. They spent over 2 1/2 hours talking and exchanging notes. This is not rumor, but FACT.

TO says that he talks to Solich every week-- I'd have to think that he speaks to Gill regularly as well, however, saying that he doesn't remember might mean, "It was Thursday or Friday of last week," or it might mean, "Now that Tom is AD, I can't make it look like I'm officially speaking with him because I don't want to cause unrest amongst my players nor do I want it to appear that I'm prepping to leave my job."

Turner Gill will always be one of my favorite Huskers, but I have no idea if he would be a good head coach for NU. I would love him to be coach and for everything to work out, but I just don't know and that's why I keep going back to Pelini. Regardless, it would be very interesting to get Gill's take on Callahan after having spent a year with him. I would love to know what members of Callahan's staff truthfully think of his management style, play calling, etc.

Ironically, he said that he didn't know the last time he talked to TO. HOWEVER, I was there working in a restaurant in Lincoln in late July when he appeared and sat down with TO. They spent over 2 1/2 hours talking and exchanging notes. This is not rumor, but FACT.

Wasn't Pud given his contract extension in July? I highly doubt TO knew or even thought at that time he'd be the AD right now. I can't remember what I did back in July. I wouldn't read anything into this other than maybe Gill picking TO's brain on some things he can do or try at Buffalo.

Why would Gill come to Lincoln just before the season? I bet, if Gill takes Buffalo to the MAC championship, he will be here next year. If they win this weekend and Bowling Green loses, they are the division champs.

You can shoot this theory down if you want. But I have a feeling that Gill will be our next coach. I want a Pelini, but I have to be humbled. And I can NOT prove it, but this situation was a Plan B and it was done during the contract extension of Peterson.

I GUESS TIME WILL TELL.

Wasn't Pud given his contract extension in July? I highly doubt TO knew or even thought at that time he'd be the AD right now. I can't remember what I did back in July. I wouldn't read anything into this other than maybe Gill picking TO's brain on some things he can do or try at Buffalo.

Why would Gill come to Lincoln just before the season? I bet, if Gill takes Buffalo to the MAC championship, he will be here next year. If they win this weekend and Bowling Green loses, they are the division champs.

You can shoot this theory down if you want. But I have a feeling that Gill will be our next coach. I want a Pelini, but I have to be humbled. And I can NOT prove it, but this situation was a Plan B and it was done during the contract extension of Peterson.

I GUESS TIME WILL TELL.

I'm guessing he was here to meet with TO and pick his brain on football things for Buffalo. BC got a contract extension before the USC game. Pud got one in July. Do you honestly think TO thought before the season began that he'd be the AD halfway through the football season? I'm all for conspiracy theories, but this is just too far out there for me especially considering the hype around this season before it began. Expectations were high. If BC and CO. would have taken care of business and we were 8-1 or 7-2, IMO Pud would still be AD and BC would be smiling. Nobody thought any of what has transpired over the last 3 weeks would have taken place before the season began. This season isn't just my worst nightmare. It's all of Husker Nation's worst nightmare. I have no idea what TO and Gill were discussing in July, but I'd be willing to bet just about anything that it wasn't about the HC position at NU.

I'd like to hear an argument as to why the leap from HC at Buffalo to HC at Nebraska is more of a leap than DC at LSU to HC at Nebraska. On the one had, LSU is a higher profile program, but on the other hand a Buffalo HC has experience managing an entire team, which an LSU DC does not.

I don't feel strongly about Gill or Pelini, I just don't think either position is any more legitimate as a stepping stone to Nebraska HC. I do feel strongly that T.O. will make the right decision, whatever that may be.

Somebody has to say this..

Based on What? His hand-picking of Solich?

I'm not saying Frankie was as bad a choice as Callahan, but ..I feel Osborne will make a good choice, just not "feelin' strongly" about it yet....