Where will Kansas be in about 5 years?

I was looking last night at KU's record.. their accomplishments in football..

It reminded me of the Iowa State Cyclones in 2002...

They were pretty darn good and put a whoopen on the Huskers.. when just a few years prior we were putting 77 on them..

Now it is KU's turn...

Who will be next to rise and fall apart..?

Is this really a sign of parity in college football?

Think of the 95 Huskers... all of the Offense and Defense studs we had.. look at some Tommie Frazier highlights and watch not only his skill and passion, watch the "Pipeline" run downfield and put devastating blows on would be tacklers.. the same skill and passion was seen on Defense... We had about 8 or 9 studs on each side of the ball.. the teams that dominated for years us, FSU, Miami, USC lately have had this.. but this is rare now.. now you have about 20 teams or so with very comparable talent.. that is why, I believe you have all of these so called "upsets" every week.. top to bottom in the top 20.. how much better is one team over the other.. on a neutral field.. probably not much..

Where will Kansas be in 5 years? I'll guess Lawrence...

Of course I agree with 2nd to Nunn

Also.. one less interception by Bowman in the end zone and one less dropped pass that Would have been touchdown, NU wouldve lost that game at Wake

BUT THEY DIDNT

A win is a win that is why we play the games people

And yes we will find out a lot about the jayhawks in the next few weeks

I think NU will put up a fight. OK state will be tough and of course MU is the big game...

Nebraska would MOST DEFINITELY NOT be where KU is...even if our schedule was as easy as theirs

KU has absolutely dominated every below par team they have played. Let's not forget, they spanked (I know it was only 8 points, but if you watched the game, you know it was NEVER EVEN CLOSE) A&M at Kyle Field. This was THE WEEK AFTER THEY KILLED US IN MEMORIAL STADIUM.

I don't mean to be rude, but this type of thinking doesn't make sense. Your main argument in this sentence is that since KU "spanked" A&M by...........8 points, then KU must be a good team. You also add more evidence of KU being good by saying that since A&M beat NU at Memorial Stadium, this makes KU a better team. What!? In order for this argument to hold any water, NU would have to be a great team with a great W-L record...NU has neither of these. Following your logic, since A&M beat NU, and KU beat A&M, then this means we need to respect KU........ I wish I knew what you were smoking, because I would like some...

Listen, I am not trying to say they are national championship contenders, or even BCS.....because i don't know that they are......

HOWEVER, I am tired of people not respecting Kansas. What else do you want them to do? THey have won every game they have played....fairly easily as well

I want them to beat a good team. Sure they faced three okay teams...but they barely won those games. These games were all close; they could have gone either way. One interception from the opposing team and KU may not be undefeated this year still.

Let's give the Hawks some credit. They are a hell of a lot better than we are!

I will give them credit when they do something significant. And saying they are better than us isn't saying much at all. I'm pretty sure Baylor could beat our asses, should we respect them too?

First of all....Did you watch the KU - A&M game? Do you remember when A&M came into memorial stadium and ran all over us? The point isn't that they ran all over US....it is that they ran all over us in OUR STADIUM. KU held them to under 100 yards rushing IN KYLE FIELD.

I know that their schedule is a joke. They certainly played some slouches at the beginning of this year, certainly no argument from me there, but their first 4 games they won by an average of 48 points. But Jeez, what else can you really ask of the players. They don't make the schedule, they just play the games.

They have done all that you could possibly ask of them.

As far as your argument about "you want them to beat a good team"

A: They went to Manhattan and beat K-State

B: They went to Boulder and beat Colorado

C: They went to College Station and beat A&M

Last I checked it was pretty difficult to win in the big XII on the road.

And I want to make this clear....I AM DEFINITELY NOT sitting here trying to tell you that I think KU is a national title contender, or even that I think they can compete with OU(because I think OU will stomp them). I am simply saying, lets give them credit right now, because THEY DESERVE IT.

Kansas Jayhawks (Big 12 Conference) (2002 — present)

2002 Kansas 2–10 0–8 6 (North)

2003 Kansas 6–7 3–5 4 – T (North) L 56–26 Mazda Tangerine Bowl

2004 Kansas 4–7 2–6 3 – T (North)

2005 Kansas 7–5 3–5 3 (North) W 42–13 Fort Worth Bowl

2006 Kansas 6–6 3–5 3 (North)

2007** Kansas 8–0 4–0 1 (North) 8 8

Kansas: 33–35 **2007 record current as of October 28, 2007

Total: 33–35

Gee thats a real impressive record :sarcasm

What has Mangino done?? This is his 6th year and this is the first time he won over 7 games?!?!

Not impressive at all... Kansas will be good for a couple of years and then they will go back to being the same football team they have always been.

I knew that wasn't your stuff, Husker, which is why I was trying to be clear that I wasn't calling you out. I think that, aside from the academic stuff, everything the author of that list "dug up" is pretty normal stuff for the kind of personality it takes to be a head coach.

Agreed.

I guess the main reason I was interested in it enough to paste it here was some things I felt 2ndtoNunn might have been building up to...Like maybe we need a coach like Mangina..Then remembering one of the strikes against Bo Pelini (for some posters here) was his "Hotheadedness" or something like that..Probably the part that reminds T.O. of Devaney (in a good way)...

I like having a Brother (Kansas) having a good season and I just found out last night a Cousin of mine has a Son who walked on there a couple years ago. See Kearney High graduate ready to play against Huskers .

2nd to Nunn, to be fair the only reason A&M was held to less than 100 rushing yards against KU is because Fran did what he always does and almost completely goes away from what works, especially in games where that tactic was extremely effective the previous week.

Fran's ineffective coaching kept A&M out of that game, not facing a good KU team.

2nd to Nunn, to be fair the only reason A&M was held to less than 100 rushing yards against KU is because Fran did what he always does and almost completely goes away from what works, especially in games where that tactic was extremely effective the previous week.

Fran's ineffective coaching kept A&M out of that game, not facing a good KU team.

Texas AM showed zero ability to move the ball through the air. KU put 9 men in the box and just shut down Lane and Goodsen. I didn't see the Nebraska - Texas AM game, so I can't comment on Nebraska's defensive scheme. KU just kept playing field position with AM on the road and won a hard fought game. I agree completely that Coach Fran's gameplan was awful

That Being Said.. This Tiger rooting for the Huskers this weekend.

GBR

First of all....Did you watch the KU - A&M game? Do you remember when A&M came into memorial stadium and ran all over us? The point isn't that they ran all over US....it is that they ran all over us in OUR STADIUM. KU held them to under 100 yards rushing IN KYLE FIELD.

Yes, I did watch the game, and I do recall A&M beating us in our own stadium...but I guess I don't get your point. If a team is bad...who cares whose stadium they are playing in...they are bad. That's it. There's nothing else to it. The stadium does not charge our players up to make them super football players all of a sudden. If that was the case, I think we would have a better record than 4-5.

So KU held them to under 100 yards. Okay? They still only won by 8 points and like I said before, all it would have taken was one play by A&M and the game could have ended differently. The same can be said for their victories against KSU and CU, which are the only "good" teams they have faced this year.

Yes, it is hard to win on the road. But like I said, if KU's opponent comes away with a big play in any of those games, KU might not have been on the winning side of the ball.

And I want to make this clear....I AM DEFINITELY NOT sitting here trying to tell you that I think KU is a national title contender, or even that I think they can compete with OU(because I think OU will stomp them). I am simply saying, lets give them credit right now, because THEY DESERVE IT.

So, I should give credit to them right now? Hmmm...okay. Good job KU! Way to beat a bunch of crappy teams and three "okay" teams. Yeah!

The fact is KU hasn't beat one team that is ranked right now yet. KSU isn't ranked. CU isn't ranked. A&M isn't ranked. KU plays the 109th strongest schedule this year out of a possible 1119. I don't think we'll really know how strong KU really is until they play Mizzou. I'm giving them credit and quietly rooting for them to be the representative from the North, but they haven't really even played the tough part of their schedule yet.

at least we didnt lose to those "ok" teams and we blew away the crap teams

Yes, this is true. Although if you were hinting at a comparison between KU and NU...well, it's kind of silly because I'm pretty sure everyone knows KU has a better team this year. NU is a less-than-average team this year (at best).

Now...if you compare KU to the teams in the top 10...well, I don't want to say they don't belong there, but I don't think they do. They just haven't shown me anything yet this year. Now, if they beat Mizzou and go on to the Big 12 Championship...then I guess I will be a little more impressed. But...I just don't see that happening.

So for somebody to come in here and say, "You need to respect KU and give them credit," is really kind of annoying. Tell me why I need to give them credit? Is it because 5 of the 8 games they played were against really crappy teams, or is it because they won by 8 points or less against the 3 teams that are "okay?"

Kansas is having a fine season and they are clearly a really good team, however they won't last.

Unfortunately even though they are undefeated and ranked 8th in the country, this weeks game against us will be their first sellout since last season's home finale against Kansas State. In fact even though the average attendance has gone up the past three years, they still average nearly 8,000 fans fewer than the stadium holds.

The fact is Kansas is still the second school in its own state both in fan base and in funds (in fact KU has the third smallest athletic budget and is tied with Baylor for the second worst football budget in the conference) Plus they are still far below mediocre as far as getting kids in Kansas and the surrounding states to play for them when they have offers to one or more of the other Bowl Subdivision regional schools.

As good as KU has been this year there is little hope of them continuing the trend over the long haul. Mangino is not going to stay at KU forever, quite soon, possibly as soon as this off season bigger name teams are going to come calling - especially if Joe Paterno or Bobby Bowden ever decide to retire as Mangino is a Penn Native and coached for Bowden at FSU. Plus there is no guarantee Mangino will continue to have success with the recruits he is getting now that the North is getting stronger. Colorado is on the rise, KSU is still tough, Missouri is tough and NU once they get a new coach will be very tough once again.

KU has had this trend before, they have a good year every 10-15 years and than they have to start all over again. I see nothing new from them in terms of support that leads me to believe this time will be any different.

Care to put some links up proving your statements?

:nanalama