Where will Kansas be in about 5 years?

Someone on the radio asked if Mangino would get offers from bigger football schools and the response was even though he a good coach the weight thing would work against him.

A bigger school that has struggled through a few coaching changes might take a chance. He certainly won't be going to Oklahoma State. The sidelines are way too narrow. A sideline infraction on every play would slow the offense too much. Sure he could coach from the press box, but where would the writers sit?

Kansas is Kansas and they always will be. They try to pick up the simplest schedule possible and avoid playing games where they could possibly make a statement. Until this happens they, including Mangino, will continue to be criticized. If Nebraska would have taken a schedule like that this season they would be doing just as good. They have to really PROVE that they are that good to sway my judgement.

What I am saying is, Look at their schedule. That is all.

:asshat

"Kansas is Kansas and they will always be." yeah, and every other school in the country is what they are and they will always be.......i don't get it

Nebraska would MOST DEFINITELY NOT be where KU is...even if our schedule was as easy as theirs

KU has absolutely dominated every below par team they have played. Let's not forget, they spanked (I know it was only 8 points, but if you watched the game, you know it was NEVER EVEN CLOSE) A&M at Kyle Field. This was THE WEEK AFTER THEY KILLED US IN MEMORIAL STADIUM.

Listen, I am not trying to say they are national championship contenders, or even BCS.....because i don't know that they are......

HOWEVER, I am tired of people not respecting Kansas. What else do you want them to do? THey have won every game they have played....fairly easily as well

Let's give the Hawks some credit. They are a hell of a lot better than we are!

Kansas is Kansas and they always will be. They try to pick up the simplest schedule possible and avoid playing games where they could possibly make a statement. Until this happens they, including Mangino, will continue to be criticized. If Nebraska would have taken a schedule like that this season they would be doing just as good. They have to really PROVE that they are that good to sway my judgement.

What I am saying is, Look at their schedule. That is all.

:asshat

"Kansas is Kansas and they will always be." yeah, and every other school in the country is what they are and they will always be.......i don't get it

Nebraska would MOST DEFINITELY NOT be where KU is...even if our schedule was as easy as theirs

KU has absolutely dominated every below par team they have played. Let's not forget, they spanked (I know it was only 8 points, but if you watched the game, you know it was NEVER EVEN CLOSE) A&M at Kyle Field. This was THE WEEK AFTER THEY KILLED US IN MEMORIAL STADIUM.

Listen, I am not trying to say they are national championship contenders, or even BCS.....because i don't know that they are......

HOWEVER, I am tired of people not respecting Kansas. What else do you want them to do? THey have won every game they have played....fairly easily as well

Let's give the Hawks some credit. They are a hell of a lot better than we are!

We will see when they play missouri.

I completely agree. It just bothers me that we, as husker fans, feel some sense of entitlement over schools like KU, KSU, Mizz, etc.

We are Nebraska, and we have lived through an unimaginable amount of success. However, I don't think our past success gives us any right to degrade an UNDEFEATED TEAM that has physically manhandled everyone they have played.

It makes us sound like some uneducated morons living in the past.

Give credit where credit is due. That is all I am saying.

I completely agree. It just bothers me that we, as husker fans, feel some sense of entitlement over schools like KU, KSU, Mizz, etc.

We are Nebraska, and we have lived through an unimaginable amount of success. However, I don't think our past success gives us any right to degrade an UNDEFEATED TEAM that has physically manhandled everyone they have played.

Yeah i am glad that the North teams are a lot better than in past because it makes nebraska better. I know that a lot of hatred of the other teams stems from the big 8 but this is the big 12 and when the north sucks it doesn't make nebraska look any better. when your team has a 9 win season for like 30 years or so and then all of a sudden start having losing seasons they tend to get bitter because they are not used to losing a lot of games. plus with a stupid HC as BC doesn't make things any better. I will never understand how the big 8 teams let 4 texas schools do whatever they wanted when the big 12 formed.

Ive been a fan of Mangino since he started. Everyone points out his record as a coach but how close were his losses to Nebraska since he has got there? If memory serves correct they havent been that big. Mangino has turned a basketball school into a decent football school. IMO Kansas will be a good football school as long as Mangino is there. Unlike Iowa State who got a few good players and that was it, Kansas has been pulling in average talent and has been coaching them up to great levels (sounds like a school in the 90s). Im not saying they will contend for national titles but they are not the Kansas teams of years ago, nor will they be.

[/quot

:yeah

I am of the opinion that mangino is an EXCELLENT coach, and so is their defensive coordinator. It is too bad that no matter what, he will be discriminated against for his weight when being considered for future openings at better programs.Although, any university that hired him would be taking an enormous risk on him, due to his health. Ill tell ya this, you can guarantee that mangino will have the stomach staple surgery in the near future.

Anyways, if I am not mistaken, he has a very lucrative contract......he was even making more than Bill Self for a couple years, until Self recently got his extension....

So, we will be dealing with Mangino for many years......which is not a good thing for us. Id love it if Nebraska hired him....but there's no chance.

Of all the coaches that have been thrown out as possible replacements at Nebraska(to a position that isn't open yet), Mangino is a better candidate than pretty much everyone that has been listed. KU rarely has top 40 recruiting classes, but yet the last 3-4 years, their program is getting stronger and stronger and they give NU fits. I think the attitude that "Kansas will always be Kansas" is not only arrogant, but ignorant. Mangino is a damn good football coach and has people in Kansas excited about football, not just following it until basketball starts.

We probably will NEVER see the success that we did year after year in previous years. The cut in the number of scholarships have really hurt the schools that were powers year after year. Parity is here, gentlemen, like it or not.