Who here likes Jim Rose???

Apathy

I don't know guys. he makes a good call on this

He even screwed up that call. He "broke" the tackle in the stands not center field. That is my biggest problem with most of the guys who have broadcast the huskers. If I am listening to the radio it is because the game is not on tv and it is the only way to know what is going on. As I don't take my Huskers lightly, I can't stand the aggravation of miscalls by the announcer. Not a yard or two off on a running gain, but the big ones. How many times have you heard something to the effect, "The KU quarterback drops back to pass, he's got a man...IT'S INTERCEPTED BY NEBRASKA, IT'S GRIXBY RETURNING....No its complete and the KU receiver is running down the sideline and will score." I know it is what he thought he saw, but how about slowing down a bit and making sure you're right. I'm listening on the radio, so obviously I can't see anything, it wouldn't be so hard to announce a second or two behind the play so you get it right. :boxosoap

What this has to do with liking Jim Rose or not I cannot answer.

Saddlemeyer and Pavelka should call the games. Nothing against Rose, But Kent and Gary are the best I've heard since Lyle retired.

AMEN TO THAT!!!! Saddlemeyer and Pavelka really knew the players! That was important to me! It made me feel like I knew who I was cheering on. The biggest thing for me was whether we were winning or losing those two had something positive to say about the players. I would love to hear Pavelka's take on the Huskers as they are playing now. I'm sure even though we're in the toilet he would have something positive to say.

BRING BACK PAVELKA!!!!

Back in the day when Pavelka used to announce he would tell you where the team member went to high school, knew his hometown, actually knew things about the kid. I've not heard that from Rose. :)

Interesting.

You've never heard Jim Rose mention that Matt Herian was a "Pierce Bluejay" or the Todd Peterson is a "Central Catholic Crusader", or Zac Potter is a "Creigthon Prep Jr. Jay" or that Ben Eisenhart is a "Culbertson Bear" or Sam Koch was a "Seward Blue Jay"?

I agree that his excitement is contagious...but he really can't "paint a picture with words"..

IMHO...Kevin Kugler does a fine job on Westwood 1 broadcasts with Terry Bowden...

I'm not sure what you mean by "paint a picture with words"...

"...a chamber of commerce day here in Lincoln, Nebraska...under a sky blue canopy here at 10th and vine...the Husker wearing their scarlet jerseys, white pants, white helmet with their signiture red "N"...

Back in the day when Pavelka used to announce he would tell you where the team member went to high school, knew his hometown, actually knew things about the kid. I've not heard that from Rose. :)

Interesting.

You've never heard Jim Rose mention that Matt Herian was a "Pierce Bluejay" or the Todd Peterson is a "Central Catholic Crusader", or Zac Potter is a "Creigthon Prep Jr. Jay" or that Ben Eisenhart is a "Culbertson Bear" or Sam Koch was a "Seward Blue Jay"?

I sure as hell know Nate Swift is from Minnesota!

I like Jim Rose. He seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves what he does. I would love to sit down with him one day to talk NU football, however, I just don't like him as an NU announcer. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't like his announcing style.

That being said, I thought it was rather funny when Rose and company forgot to turn off their mics during a few commercial breaks for the A&M game. Anyone else notice this?

I do like to listen to Jim Rose. I do think he is better doing baseball games. I stated this in a thread over a year ago. I truly believe that if Nebraska was more successful on the field that people would not be complaining as much about Jim Rose. It is easy to nit pick the announcer when you are sick to your stomach watching the product on the field.

I do like to listen to Jim Rose. I do think he is better doing baseball games. I stated this in a thread over a year ago. I truly believe that if Nebraska was more successful on the field that people would not be complaining as much about Jim Rose. It is easy to nit pick the announcer when you are sick to your stomach watching the product on the field.

You may very well be on to something.

The oldest Lyell Bremser recording I've heard is from 1960...not a very successful Nebraska team...and Lyell lacks quite abit of his trademark enthusiasm.

Lol actually thats what people would have and did argue about since you coul'nt find fault with the teams in the 90's.

J-Rose is a lousy announcer. I had friends who would actually would keep track of his mistakes on air as they watched on tv, he screws up regularly, first downs,yardage,yards gained,down,etc. He was a pederson

guy, he still has pedey-shine all over his nose , was never critical of play( untill 2 games ago) on radio or the BC show, he is nothing more than a mouthpiece for what Pedey wanted him to say. Will he change ?

Doubtful. Pedey ran off all the good announcers, Kugler,Sharp,Lee. Fire Callhan, Rose can help him pack and go to!!!!