lets just get one thing straight.

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It kind of pisses me off that the guys on here will say Nebraska should take the moral "high road" if we ever get back to the situation where we're up by 40+ points in the 4th quarter. Just out of spite, I think we should ram it down their throats and break the NCAA scoring record just because we can, and because they showed us no mercy today.

Man-gina needs to really think long and hard before he goes about this again, because KU will only see the top of the Big 12 North once a lifetime, and if he doesn't want things to look ugly the rest of the millennium, he shouldn't be running up the score.

Uhh....I'll take "Who cares?" for $200 please Alex.

Let em run it up. As many times as we stomped em into the ground, let them have their day in the spotlight. Let them have their 15 minutes of fame. Right now, KU is the B12's best chance at a BCS game and quite possibly the MNC game. I honestly believe they could beat OU at this point after having watched them.

Nebraska never "ran up the score" on Kansas, and they weren't "running up the score" on us.

It's simply a matter of the defense being completely incapable of stopping their opponent. For 40 years it was Kansas. Now it's Nebraska.

We've seen enough of this to know what's going on, Husker fans. Let's not let pride and sour grapes get in the way of a fine performance by Kansas and an equally poor performance by Nebraska.

Nebraska ran up the score for years, so lets not be big babies and cry now that it has happened to us. Our problems are much deeper than that.

again we never did that. if I'm wrong prove it

Gimme a break! Don't be a cry baby about it! It's not up to KU to keep the score down. They could have run the ball straight up the middle with their 3rd string and we wouldn't have been able to stop it!

I was thinking the exact same thing. It kind of pisses me off that the guys on here will say Nebraska should take the moral "high road" if we ever get back to the situation where we're up by 40+ points in the 4th quarter. Just out of spite, I think we should ram it down their throats and break the NCAA scoring record just because we can, and because they showed us no mercy today.

Man-gina needs to really think long and hard before he goes about this again, because KU will only see the top of the Big 12 North once a lifetime, and if he doesn't want things to look ugly the rest of the millennium, he shouldn't be running up the score.

lol, sorry, but KU is going to be a threat for just about as long as Mangino is there. Your only hope of that coming true is if he has a heart attack (honestly, not a bad chance of that).

And the intelligent response is that Kansas, while obviously not gearing way down, was not running up the score. They were running their offense and they stopped throwing the ball way down field. They started running and dumping short passes. If we can't stop them, THAT'S OUR OWN DAMN FAULT.

And as I've mentioned before, KU now has legit national title hopes. But they get no respect, so they need big wins to get voters' attention.

And the intelligent response is that Kansas, while obviously not gearing way down, was not running up the score. They were running their offense and they stopped throwing the ball way down field. They started running and dumping short passes. If we can't stop them, THAT'S OUR OWN DAMN FAULT.

And as I've mentioned before, KU now has legit national title hopes. But they get no respect, so they need big wins to get voters' attention.

Exactly!! :thumbs

I remember going to an NU/ISU game in 1995 or 1996 I believe and the score was 77-0. Now do you call that not running up the score? That was the case of one of the best football teams ever against a horrible ISU team and defense. Same principle applies today. Also keep in mine how many short fields KU had today....many!