lets just get one thing straight.

Anyway, I doubt we'll ever agree on this. But in another thread you condoned running up the score on them in the future. Talk about hypocrisy. So I'm done with this thread, we'll just agree to disagree and agree that hypocrisy disgusts me.

when have I EVER said that it is wrong? where? your reading comprehension amuses me.

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

did we have our starters in the game!!!! its not the score, its the way it was done.

who cares how it was done? A team has every right to play whatever players they want. This is big boy football!

and that is running up the score. that is all I am trying to say.

That wasn't even running up the score, it was just a good old fashioned a** whooping!

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

I was at that game...

Ozzy had his reserves in in the 2nd quarter. Remember, there was a 55 man limit on travelling squads at this time. He put the sarters back in in the 4th quarter because the other kids were exhausted. I remember Mike Rozier taking a hand-off, running 2 yards and throwing himself on the ground. That's not running up the score.

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

Ahem: Nebraska 69 OU 7, November 1st, 1997. Not trying to be trollish, just saying...(and this Sooner fan sure didn't whine about it at the time; I wasn't babyish enough to think Nebraska's offense was obligated to stop itself).

I believe the radio guys said, specifically, that KU told their first string they were staying in until they hit 70.

That, to me, is running up the score.

However, KU might have scored 70 anyways. Our D was just that bad today.

How would the radio guys even know this?

Arguments about running up the score are worthless now -- it takes more than a revenge factor to win future games.

Let's be straight on this...KU was not running up the score. They were running the basic plays that got them to that point. Nebraska's defense is so pathetic that they could not stop a good high school team.

How many times did the KU player score without being touched in the first half?

So would most teams leave there starters in with a30 point lead in the forth quarter? That is running up the score if the back ups had done it more power to them but it was still the starters that is what bothers me

I believe the radio guys said, specifically, that KU told their first string they were staying in until they hit 70.

That, to me, is running up the score.

However, KU might have scored 70 anyways. Our D was just that bad today.

How would the radio guys even know this?

Arguments about running up the score are worthless now -- it takes more than a revenge factor to win future games.

the same way we knew exactly where our military was when we were invading Iraq. thats just life these days. we have side line reporters

Running up the score? KU scoring 48 in the first half, and you are crying about the 1 string in in the fourth qtr! Give me a break! Was Mangino supposed to go easy on us? Was it his fault that that we couldn't stop ANYTHING? NU is playing BIG BOY football. He has the right to play anyone he likes at any time regardless if you like it or not. Is it classy who cares? We got pounded. If the score was 10-14 points less would your crybaby attitude change? I doubt it . Spilled milk and sour grapes

Running up the score? KU scoring 48 in the first half, and you are crying about the 1 string in in the fourth qtr! Give me a break! Was Mangino supposed to go easy on us? Was it his fault that that we couldn't stop ANYTHING? NU is playing BIG BOY football. He has the right to play anyone he likes at any time regardless if you like it or not. Is it classy who cares? We got pounded. If the score was 10-14 points less would your crybaby attitude change? I doubt it . Spilled milk and sour grapes

I'm guessing you didnt read the whole post....