lets just get one thing straight.

Ill agree that we could have pulled on the reins and held off but we only had 11 pass attempts in the second half and don't forget how gay the bcs is. Mangino knows for us to get into a bcs game we need to beat teams to the best of our ability.

I give up

this thread is officially hijacked.

Hijack.JPG

Ill agree that we could have pulled on the reins and held off but we only had 11 pass attempts in the second half and don't forget how gay the bcs is. Mangino knows for us to get into a bcs game we need to beat teams to the best of our ability.

I give up

Hijack.JPG

wow! that's an old pic! the Nimitz undergoing sea trails would have been.... late 70s? can't remember exactly when she went in service. i'll have to look that up

Well, I havn't posted much, but have to respond to this one. We have to learn to take the good with the bad.

I have been a Husker fan all of my life, and if they never win another game, (GOD FORBID!!!) it wouldn't change my love for this team. Yet, in my 38yrs of watching Husker football, I can recall many times we hung up some amazing amount of points on other teams. In the Eightes, we would just abliterate Kansas and K-state year in and year out, It was really ugly! Ask Lee Corso about his memory of coaching Minnesota against Nebraska (80+ points scored on them, why you think he is on ESPN and not coaching!). Or 70+ points on Oklahoma in the Ninties. Anyone remember a certain National Championship game we won against Florida? (62-24) Or how about the Alamo Bowl a few years back when we hung over 70+ points on the then Big Ten co Champion Northwestern? Not to mention the fact that until the last several years, we just dominated the Hell out of the Big Eight/Big Twelve North schools.

Let these schools have their moment in the sun. It is just a game played by a bunch of kids. I do have Faith that Dr. Tom will do his best to right this ship, starting with the fireing of BC. He may even hire a new HC that none of us have thought of.

By the way, I am old enouph to remember ( and so may be some of you) when Dr. Tom was the one who couldn't win THE BIG ONE, lost EIGHT straight bowl games and was owned by Barry Switzer and Oklahoma through the seventies and eighties. My point being is, he is just a man who does care and will do his best to to get Husker football back to greatness, but don't expect miraculous miracles to happen right away.

I give up

Hijack.JPG

Threads are easily taken over when the original poster has no apparent point to make.

running up the score: "Running up the score" is a term used in American sports to describe the activity of scoring more points than are necessary to win a game.

In my opinion, points scored in the 3rd quarter when your own D is struggling is not running up the score. They scored three TDs one after the other in that quarter, but the way things were going, we could have very well come in out in the 4th and scored 4 TDs. Like I said earlier, after the beginning of the 4th quarter, they did stop scoring and started running the ball more.

I remember "back in the day" a interview with Barry Switzer who when asked why he intentionally ran the score up on a "lesser" opponent said "well, next time they need to bring a team that can play" or something to that effect.

Lots of folks takin the shots at us while they can get it.What goes around comes around and they are darn well going to enjoy it.

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

I was at that game and Osborne took the1st string out after the 1st quarter. He had to put them in the 4th quarter because everyone else was tired. And we ran up the middle, play after play, but Minnesota couldn't stop us. So Nebraska was NOT running up the score.

On the other hand, Mangino left his 1st string in until Kansas scored at least 70 points, his words. Now, that IS running up the score. The way we were playing we probably couldn't have stopped their 3rd string, but you begin to lose respect for a coach when he shamelessly tries to embarrass another team.

And what was with Callahan's snub towards Osborne at the end of the game? I guess the writing is on the wall. :corndance

Sue

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

did we have our starters in the game!!!! its not the score, its the way it was done.

who cares how it was done? A team has every right to play whatever players they want. This is big boy football!

and that is running up the score. that is all I am trying to say.

who cares give it a break :o

wtf we only score 1 touchdown against NU in the 4th quarter....

Go look up some scores throughout Osbornes career. Do you

expect a Team to just lay down just because they are up by a lot?

You cant take your boot off the throat of an opponent NO MATTER WHAT!

NU has had lots of success you can take a beatdown...my god...

try enduring 30 years of beatdowns dude...its not fun

NU has had lots of success you can take a beatdown...my god...

try enduring 30 years of beatdowns dude...its not fun

Actually, I was under the impression that most KU fans weren't even paying attention during those 30 years. But now that you guys are a football school, maybe you won't have to make people buy football tickets in order to get their precious basketball tickets.

I don't think Nebraska ever ran up the score with our starters in the WHOLE GAME. I remember our 3rd and 4th string guys just being so damn good that the other team couldn't stop them either.

:clap:yeah:thumbs That's it. And which game was it where TO gave Mizzou a note telling them the four plays that NU was going to run in the 2nd half? No other plays, just those four? Mizzou still couldn't stop it!

I read it ...........so Mangino gets the big meenie award? so what

well then I guess I will repeat myself.. clearly stated that I am not judging what he did. I am just calling what he did by its name--> running up the score. thats all. theres really not much to it. its not that hard

OK Mel, I'll bite! Damn right Kansas ran up the score. Why not, it fun as hell to throw 70's on the board and lather up all of you offensive statistics. It's fun to pound your nemesis into the ground. It's cleansing for Kansas to beat Nebraska that well, and to attempt to have a better looking score than Missouri did when they pounded Nebraska.

I agree with you, it is running up the score. To say T.O. never did that is a mute point. TO isn't a coach anymore. If you are insinuating that TO is classier than Mangino, I think Mangino would agree with you, and not really give a crap. There are 85 scholies, some on red-shirt, times are different, we don't dress 135 players for Ball State at home anymore so the practice squad kids can get a few minutes when the score is 87 - 3. Now we have to hold our breath as the last pass bounces off some 2* WR from the 4th best football school in Indiana.

This is D-I football, if we can't play with the big, bad Kansas's (Missouris, aTm's) of the world maybe we should get on a different ride.

Do you know why they run up the score?

BECAUSE THEY CAN!

It's whatever...

Let the players play, right? I think it's even more embarrassing when teams start taking a knee. It's like, Jesus, we're so bad the other team doesn't want to play anymore and just wants to leave because they're bored...

Whether or not he was trying to run up the score... 76 points is still embarrassing.

I hope the players are ashamed of themselves for letting that happen.

It's whatever...

Let the players play, right? I think it's even more embarrassing when teams start taking a knee. It's like, Jesus, we're so bad the other team doesn't want to play anymore and just wants to leave because they're bored...

Whether or not he was trying to run up the score... 76 points is still embarrassing.

Too bad that the players don't care.

They lost. They'll accept it, go to the opulent athletic center that they didn't earn, bitch about how they aren't supported, laugh at the athletes before them that built their haven, and move on with their life, content that they are better than everyone.

It's really sad, they have no idea what it means to be a part of that tradition, they think it should be handed to them. I predict their life post-sucking at Nebraska will be sucking at life with their attitudes.

It's whatever...

Too bad that the players don't care.

They lost. They'll accept it, go to the opulent athletic center that they didn't earn, bitch about how they aren't supported, laugh at the athletes before them that built their haven, and move on with their life, content that they are better than everyone.

It's really sad, they have no idea what it means to be a part of that tradition, they think it should be handed to them. I predict their life post-sucking at Nebraska will be sucking at life with their attitudes.

Unfortunately, you're right.

Hoping for the hopeless. :(