lets just get one thing straight.

And the intelligent response is that Kansas, while obviously not gearing way down, was not running up the score. They were running their offense and they stopped throwing the ball way down field. They started running and dumping short passes. If we can't stop them, THAT'S OUR OWN DAMN FAULT.

And as I've mentioned before, KU now has legit national title hopes. But they get no respect, so they need big wins to get voters' attention.

thats all fine and good. again, I'm not saying its wrong, or that they had no reason to do it. but that is running up the score.

I remember going to an NU/ISU game in 1995 or 1996 I believe and the score was 77-0. Now do you call that not running up the score? That was the case of one of the best football teams ever against a horrible ISU team and defense. Same principle applies today. Also keep in mine how many short fields KU had today....many!

did we have our starters palying in the 4th quarter?

And the intelligent response is that Kansas, while obviously not gearing way down, was not running up the score. They were running their offense and they stopped throwing the ball way down field. They started running and dumping short passes. If we can't stop them, THAT'S OUR OWN DAMN FAULT.

And as I've mentioned before, KU now has legit national title hopes. But they get no respect, so they need big wins to get voters' attention.

thats all fine and good. again, I'm not saying its wrong, or that they had no reason to do it. but that is running up the score.

No it's not, because they were not sending the ball way down field. Part of their game is big plays down the field, which they did against us for much of the game. And then when they really pulled ahead they started running more and dumping the short passes. That's just their game, a balanced offense. They don't run it all day long. They did pull back some, but we couldn't stop them.

Then why are you getting all worked up about it? It happened. And I guaran-dam-tee, every other Big 12 team out there would jump at the same opportunity if given the chance after the 4 decades of ass whoopin's we dished out.

We scored ridiculous #'s of points on the lesser-thans in the Big 12 for years and years.

Whether we intentionally ran up the score or not, don't expect any mercy.

If I was a KU fan I'd have been cheering for 100 points. We beat them 36 years in a row. I guess I don't have a problem with it. I think someone else in this post said it "If you don't like it them stop them from scoring."

Then why are you getting all worked up about it? It happened. And I guaran-dam-tee, every other Big 12 team out there would jump at the same opportunity if given the chance after the 4 decades of ass whoopin's we dished out.

how am I worked up. all I have done was said that they ran up the score, and TO never had his tarters in that late. thats all I've said. I have continued to say over and over again I am not saying its wrong. I am just calling what it is. everyone is trying to make it more than it is

Exactly!! :thumbs

:yeah Here's another intelligent answer. This is what D1 college football is about. No playoff, just a bunch of teams fighting for poll positions that are determined by a 3rd party. KU has to do everything they can to earn respect from those 3rd parties, can't blame them. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

did we have our starters in the game!!!! its not the score, its the way it was done.

who cares how it was done? A team has every right to play whatever players they want. This is big boy football!

and that is running up the score. that is all I am trying to say.