lets just get one thing straight.

Upon further review, I don't even think KU ran the score up at all. KU was just easily scoring within the context of the game, we were actually moving the ball and scoring well today so they had to keep scoring. In all honesty they could have run up the score to at least 83 or 90 if they were really trying to run up the score. You're kind of taking a beating on this topic and I do know what you're trying to say, but you have to admit that it could have easily been a lot worse.

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

At that point, KU hadn't really stopped the husker offense, and callahan hadn't given up yet. I don't blame 'em. It's not like they were throwing deep on every play. They were running the ball for the most part.

And like I said 48 points in the first half............. and you worry about starters "running-up" the score? That is what we/you are going to whine about??? PLEEEEEZZZ

whose whining? certainly not me. it gives our players something to remember when those summer work outs seem so hard. if I was on that team I would save every newspaper article. I would not forget it.

your the one trying put words in my mouth.

Some guy kept yelling "we want 100!!!" in the 3rd and 4th quarter today. It got really old.

And what was with that field goal attempt at the beginning of the 4th quarter??? Wasn't that like a 50 yard attempt? They were up 69-31 at that point. Choose to whine about it or not, but that is running up the score. There were a lot of KU fans in my section that were wondering why Reesing was still in at that point, as well as Husker fans.

We scored ridiculous #'s of points on the lesser-thans in the Big 12 for years and years.

Whether we intentionally ran up the score or not, don't expect any mercy.

If I was a KU fan I'd have been cheering for 100 points. We beat them 36 years in a row. I guess I don't have a problem with it. I think someone else in this post said it "If you don't like it them stop them from scoring."

If they would've tried, they would've done it. Nebraska doesn't care. Say what you want about cosgrove, but since he can't coach and has no desire to, these guys should've played on their own. Who woulda blamed them? Is it really crazy to think that someone thinks they should follow what these circus monkeys are preaching on the sidelines? No heart. They don't care. The 'defense' will all get laid after they get back to Lincoln, so who really cares?

I believe the radio guys said, specifically, that KU told their first string they were staying in until they hit 70.

That, to me, is running up the score.

However, KU might have scored 70 anyways. Our D was just that bad today.

How would the radio guys even know this?

Arguments about running up the score are worthless now -- it takes more than a revenge factor to win future games.

Maybe from the sideline reporters?

I don't know, but I don't question it. I agree it's worthless to argue about it - it is what it is.

I know if I was a KU fan, I would take a lot of pleasure in watching my team crush

NU. After all, they've have been rather pathetic over the last 30 or 40 years. We

now know how it feels like to get our butts kicked. But at least it has been very

seldom! After all, how many losing seasons have we seen in the last 40 years

being NU fans? Ask KU fans how many losing seasons they have seen. Changes

will improve things and the Huskers will be back!

Nebraska 84 - Minnesota 13 (1983)

Nebraska 77 ASU 28 (1995)

we scored 63 points in the 1st half of that game.... I would say TO eased up

I understand.

63 points isn't running it up when Osborne does it.

Got it.

If the players gave a rat's ass, they should try to tackle with more than thier dominant arm. The way the team acts, showboats after "Big" plays and is led really makes me sick.

when you have your starters in with a 30 plus point lead, 69 points on the board, and its the 4th quarter. that is the very definition of running up the score. i'm not getting into if it was right or not. but no one can argue that fact. that is exactly what it is.

and I will also put forth this fact. TO never did that. he never had his starters in the 4th quarter.....ever.

Bull crap on that. When an offense is on the field their job is to score points. Is Mangino supposed to tell his players to just fall down? I don't give a crap if they are the starters, they earned the right to play. I would expect the Nebraska offense to do the same thing if they had the ability. It's not the Jayhawks fault Nebraska is coached by a loser of a defensive coordinator. And if the defense didn't play like crap with their missed tackles and missed assignments, the beatdown wouldn't have been that bad...