Callahan won't be fired, but will he resign?

I believe TO is a man of his word so it would have to be Callahan making the decision.

I just don't see anything good out of him still being here and I'm not sure what good it would do to let him go with 2 games left, but god it can't get any worse?

i kind of doubt he would resign on his own volition. only two games left and he must have some pride. he would have to be shown the door first.

If they had any respect for the program or themselves they would resign as soon as they got back. They have to know how bad this is hurting their their chances of ever getting a chance to land any kind of a decent job some where else.

GBR!!!

because leaving midseason will help their chances getting a job? I think they think they are doing what is dignified.

If they had any respect for the program or themselves they would resign as soon as they got back. They have to know how bad this is hurting their their chances of ever getting a chance to land any kind of a decent job some where else.

GBR!!!

because leaving midseason will help their chances getting a job? I think they think they are doing what is dignified.

What is "dignified", by completely demoralizing your team with poor game managment? That makes no sense at all.

I can only WISH that BC would resign. It would be great to see Watson take over. I'll bet he would have some interesting things to say to the defensive coaches. :angry:

BC won't resign, he gains nothing personnally by doing so .... AND ....

TO is a man of integrity and will NOT fire BC till after the season.

They are even talking on ABC how Callahan needs to go and it should be after this game.

That kind of surprised me. For those who missed it:

John Saunders: But again, I have to go back to that Nebraska game. The 76 points is the most they have ever given up. Already this year they have given up more points than they have ever given up in an entire season. Embarrassed by a very good Kansas team, the days are numbered for Callahan. I’m surprised that he might not go after this game.

Craig James: Well, you know what, 3 years ago we had 23 different coaching changes. So that’s coming around again. I don’t know that we’ll have 23, but you and I both know that when you lose like this and you’re really on thin ice already, Callahan might not make it to the end of the season. Let me tell you what Tom Osborne really has to consider is the fact that there are other schools out there who are all lobbying and working behind the scenes right now. It’s heady man. . . . There’s a lot of posturing going on. Osborne’s got to make sure that he’s not left out by a late decision.

John Saunders: But again, I have to go back to that Nebraska game. The 76 points is the most they have ever given up. Already this year they have given up more points than they have ever given up in an entire season. Embarrassed by a very good Kansas team, the days are numbered for Callahan. I’m surprised that he might not go after this game.

Craig James: Well, you know what, 3 years ago we had 23 different coaching changes. So that’s coming around again. I don’t know that we’ll have 23, but you and I both know that when you lose like this and you’re really on thin ice already, Callahan might not make it to the end of the season. Let me tell you what Tom Osborne really has to consider is the fact that there are other schools out there who are all lobbying and working behind the scenes right now. It’s heady man. . . . There’s a lot of posturing going on. Osborne’s got to make sure that he’s not left out by a late decision.

Interesting point.

They are even talking on ABC how Callahan needs to go and it should be after this game.

I don't think Osborne is going to get left behind by a late decision. I think he's already made his decision, and just needed time because of contracts for other coaches that he might be looking at. Gut feeling only, nothing to back it up.