BC not necessarily the problem

HANC

Hey, at least I had one person kind of see my point.. :)

I am sure that the entire staff is gone ASAP..... I have said this many times in other threads, I just threw something out there.....

Hey, if I get flogged, can I strap a CU fan to my back?..... (reference to joke on another thread)...

No one responded to Norton Jr. though.....Pelini's D is getting rocked, Navy barely beat a HORRIBLE ND team, and Leavit's South Florida team just got beat AGIAN !!!!.......yes, they are all probably better than this staff, but they don't "walk on water" as some of you people think !!!

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

but hey, I've been there before :)

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

Okay, flip the swich to ON, and fry me.....

I'm afraid that I am if full agreement, and this is why:

(1) Arguably, the demise of the team can be entirely attributed to the defense. There have been games that the offense did not perform, but even that goes back to a shockingly bad defense. This defense has been so bad that it even effected the rhythm of the offense.

(2) Attrition of those recruiting classes have been exceptionally high, and that's why the team still starts Solich recruits in 13 of 22 positions. Of the 20 freshment recruited in the 2005 class, only 11 "stuck." The jucos fared even worse. Those were high-risk players that happened to be high performers; they were recruited for instant success, but the dice rolled the wrong way. It didn't work out.

(3) If Callahan had it to do over, I'm sure that he would have stuck to more traditional freshmen collegiate recruits instead of jucos and 5-star meteors. The pressure to build quickly was intense, however.

(4) Retooling the entire offense used up a huge proportion of the recruits; ergo, not much left for defense--and the last of the Solich recruits aren't much to look at in terms of talent--and especially in terms of team leadership.

(5) The players have not developed any strong leaders for whatever reason.

(6) The defensive players are just plain bad this year. Next year, however, can be a remarkable turnaround. Teams have done it before.

(7) It really is not Callahan's fault . . . the player have to execute. Am I the only one that sees a giant chemistry issue on the field?

(8) If Callahan is retained, there will likely be some changes in the coaching staff.

(9) Just because Coach Callahan is a disaster in terms of press conferences, doesn't mean he's a bad coach. He just happens to be coaching a bad team.

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

Callahan has a block of wood where his brain should be. No way does he let Watson call the plays.

He hasn't made any changes to his defense.

He doesn't adapt his offense to problems they see during the game.

He doesn't develope the players he recruits. He doesn't know how to coach college kids.

He's OOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!

I agree! I am more amazed that anyone would waste their precious time to defend Callahan after all of his incompetence. He's a goner.

(1) Arguably, the demise of the team can be entirely attributed to the defense. There have been games that the offense did not perform, but even that goes back to a shockingly bad defense. This defense has been so bad that it even effected the rhythm of the offense.

(2) Attrition of those recruiting classes have been exceptionally high, and that's why the team still starts Solich recruits in 13 of 22 positions. Of the 20 freshment recruited in the 2005 class, only 11 "stuck." The jucos fared even worse. Those were high-risk players that happened to be high performers; they were recruited for instant success, but the dice rolled the wrong way. It didn't work out.

(3) If Callahan had it to do over, I'm sure that he would have stuck to more traditional freshmen collegiate recruits instead of jucos and 5-star meteors. The pressure to build quickly was intense, however.

(4) Retooling the entire offense used up a huge proportion of the recruits; ergo, not much left for defense--and the last of the Solich recruits aren't much to look at in terms of talent--and especially in terms of team leadership.

(6) The defensive players are just plain bad this year. Next year, however, can be a remarkable turnaround. Teams have done it before.

(7) It really is not Callahan's fault . . . the player have to execute. Am I the only one that sees a giant chemistry issue on the field?

(8) If Callahan is retained, there will likely be some changes in the coaching staff.

(9) Just because Coach Callahan is a disaster in terms of press conferences, doesn't mean he's a bad coach. He just happens to be coaching a bad team.

Do they give out free kool-aid at the free mason meetings?

:rollin:rollin:rollin

GBR!!!

Uh yeah, but who put this team together :wtf

GBR!!!

Hey, I don't care if Callahan stays or goes at this point. I'm only saying that if you think the coaches are the reason that this team gets creamed regularly, you have never played football. It's actually the players that are getting blasted. Adequate players in even bad schemes can still play; look at the defense. Anything unusual about the scheme that you can see? Looks to be a 4-3-2-2 base to me. Pretty basic, pretty typical.

Tell me, I mean it. Specify how the coaches allowed K.U. to score 76 points. It looked to me as if the eleven players on the field didn't perform.

Am I wrong? When I played, I didn't give a moment's thought about the coaches.

Hey, at least I had one person kind of see my point.. :)

I am sure that the entire staff is gone ASAP..... I have said this many times in other threads, I just threw something out there.....

Hey, if I get flogged, can I strap a CU fan to my back?..... (reference to joke on another thread)...

No one responded to Norton Jr. though.....Pelini's D is getting rocked, Navy barely beat a HORRIBLE ND team, and Leavit's South Florida team just got beat AGIAN !!!!.......yes, they are all probably better than this staff, but they don't "walk on water" as some of you people think !!!

i can guarantee you any of the coaches you mentioned above could damn sure be better than 29-17 and not allow 70 plus points to be socred on the Huskers......there is no doubt, this is a bad fit between cally and NU!