BC not necessarily the problem

HANC

I'm afraid that I am if full agreement, and this is why:

(1) Arguably, the demise of the team can be entirely attributed to the defense. There have been games that the offense did not perform, but even that goes back to a shockingly bad defense. This defense has been so bad that it even effected the rhythm of the offense.

(2) Attrition of those recruiting classes have been exceptionally high, and that's why the team still starts Solich recruits in 13 of 22 positions. Of the 20 freshment recruited in the 2005 class, only 11 "stuck." The jucos fared even worse. Those were high-risk players that happened to be high performers; they were recruited for instant success, but the dice rolled the wrong way. It didn't work out.

(3) If Callahan had it to do over, I'm sure that he would have stuck to more traditional freshmen collegiate recruits instead of jucos and 5-star meteors. The pressure to build quickly was intense, however.

(4) Retooling the entire offense used up a huge proportion of the recruits; ergo, not much left for defense--and the last of the Solich recruits aren't much to look at in terms of talent--and especially in terms of team leadership.

(5) The players have not developed any strong leaders for whatever reason.

(6) The defensive players are just plain bad this year. Next year, however, can be a remarkable turnaround. Teams have done it before.

(7) It really is not Callahan's fault . . . the player have to execute. Am I the only one that sees a giant chemistry issue on the field?

(8) If Callahan is retained, there will likely be some changes in the coaching staff.

(9) Just because Coach Callahan is a disaster in terms of press conferences, doesn't mean he's a bad coach. He just happens to be coaching a bad team.

Do they give out free kool-aid at the free mason meetings?

Hey, I don't care if Callahan stays or goes at this point. I'm only saying that if you think the coaches are the reason that this team gets creamed regularly, you have never played football. It's actually the players that are getting blasted. Adequate players in even bad schemes can still play; look at the defense. Anything unusual about the scheme that you can see? Looks to be a 4-3-2-2 base to me. Pretty basic, pretty typical.

Tell me, I mean it. Specify how the coaches allowed K.U. to score 76 points. It looked to me as if the eleven players on the field didn't perform.

Am I wrong? When I played, I didn't give a moment's thought about the coaches.

and maybe the kids aren't prepared each week? and maybe the coaches haven't conditioned the kids enough? and maybe the coaches can't motivate the kids? and maybe the coaches just can't damn coach?

no wait, the kids are terrible and can't play, no talent whatsoever.......yeah, right.

No I don't feel better. Because I remember his first year here. He kept saying, Wait till we get our players here, wait for the recruits to get here that fit in our system. Well........ here they are and look what we got. Maybe your right, maybe he did attempt the instant success right. But when it wasn't working 8 weeks ago, why not change and admit fault and put in Witt or Lee or some of these young guys and start to rebuild. Or Asante on defense earlier in the season, We all can live with something not working but when you can't admit mistake and at least attempt to change coarse, then you become inept!!!! That's my problem. And he's not recruiting any different, so why should we believe that he was just going for instant success. And if the 4322 defense isn't working than try something new or mix it up throughout the game. We are not getting killed just because we miss tackles, it's because when an opposing team sees the same thing for two quarters they adjust to beat it. So you can imagine what these coaches can do when they see the same thing every damn game. They've got a week to beat it when we have in game adjustments that we have to make in order to even have a chance. And then those adjustments are not ever made. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Pelini's D is getting rocked

HANC before you say something like this you might want to do a little research. Before this weekends games LSU was sitting 2nd nation in yards allowed at 232.3 YDS/G and 6th in the nation in points allowed at 15.4 points a game. Not only are these stats very impressive, you need to take into account that LSU has played a ranked team in 5 of the last 6 games and 6 out of the 9 teams LSU has played have been ranked. So if that is what you consider "getting rocked" i would like to know what a good D is for you.

I would take Pelini right now even if he said he is only going to work 4 days out of the week and go fishing the other 3.

BC needs to go. We don't have the talent here at Nebraska that we thought. There is no way that these coaches can be this bad. I mean they have been in the pros. We don't have the talent and BC and staff can't recruit. I don't care what the recruiting sites say, they are all BS. It's both coaching and talent and we don't have either. Now the offense looked good but defensively they can't takle and are slow. But Go Big Red baby!!!!

Not only does he not address the problems the team has, he doesn't even acknowledge them. He must go NOW. He is an embarrassment to our program and doesn't deserve to wear our colors any longer.

by the way what is the REAL story on Rose?

Rumor has it he was heard criticizing the team over an open microphone during the Texas A&M game.

He's a loser, plain and simple, and does NOT deserve another shot.

Fire the bum and keep him the hell away from my team...

This may be the emotion from such a loss coming through...however I think it's fair to say Billy C is not a "coach" of anything. The only real justice would be if he were never allowed to get another coaching job after this. If I were objectively looking at this from the outside I'd almost be convinced he'd be a liability at any coaching position. He almost single-handedly ruined one of the greatest college football programs ever.

He is a loser. Look at his track record...

Just hearing what this jackass has said about Husker fans and nebraska is enough to know he will never be a HUSKER. NO HEART, NO SOUL, NO HISTORY, NO REAL LOVE FOR THE GAME, NO PASSION, last but not least NO FN CLUE, this POS must go.

Here's my 2 cents worth. BC evaluated the talent and then assembled his coaching staff. Yes, he in fact himself assembled the coaching staff. Any liabilities held by this coaching staff in the end falls in the lap of Clownahan. Considering he screwed up terribly assembling his staff, what reason could there possibly be for keeping him? He's not just the OC. He's the head coach who can't evaluate talent. Why would you want to keep him?

Pelini's D is getting rocked

HANC before you say something like this you might want to do a little research. Before this weekends games LSU was sitting 2nd nation in yards allowed at 232.3 YDS/G and 6th in the nation in points allowed at 15.4 points a game. Not only are these stats very impressive, you need to take into account that LSU has played a ranked team in 5 of the last 6 games and 6 out of the 9 teams LSU has played have been ranked. So if that is what you consider "getting rocked" i would like to know what a good D is for you.

I would take Pelini right now even if he said he is only going to work 4 days out of the week and go fishing the other 3.

Also, if you watched the LSU-Bama game, you'll know that Alabama didn't just march the ball up and down the field.

But it goes beyond numbers. Pelini has passion and drive and attitude. Just what this team needs.