BC not necessarily the problem

HANC

Hell no we shouldn't keep that idiot Billy C around. He is just as responsible for this season as Cosgrove and the rest of the coaching staff. His complex NFL style offense is too hard for the players to understand. He never plays his best players (i.e. Purify) and he doesn't know how to make adjustments. He also still doesn't really understand the college game. It's time for BC to go right now.

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

but hey, I've been there before :)

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

Okay, flip the swich to ON, and fry me.....

I could probably find 11 Big 12 coaches that are wishing that Bill Callahan stays. It would make game planning a lot easier for them the week Nebraska plays them.

Like to know where this fuzzy warm feeling people have for this offense comes from?

NP.......my getting "rocked" was in reference to Alabama game...not season....relax a little......... Yes, Bama wasn't moving up and down the field, but on big plays.....why weren't players in the right position as many of you would argue about NU ??? And LSU defense has not played exceptionally well against top 25 teams..... gave up a lot of points vs Kentucky and BAma....... easy to look GREAT when not playing elite teams, huh..... Yes, Pelini is head and shoulders above who we have, but some of you need to relax and quit throwing darts out of anger..... I would happy if Pelini is HC, but absolutely NO GUARANTEE that he will be successful.... no experience, hot-headed, and not politically correct at times and could say things to bring negative publicity to NU......but hey, Win at all cost baby.... huh.

NP.......my getting "rocked" was in reference to Alabama game...not season....relax a little......... Yes, Bama wasn't moving up and down the field, but on big plays.....why weren't players in the right position as many of you would argue about NU ??? And LSU defense has not played exceptionally well against top 25 teams..... gave up a lot of points vs Kentucky and BAma....... easy to look GREAT when not playing elite teams, huh..... Yes, Pelini is head and shoulders above who we have, but some of you need to relax and quit throwing darts out of anger..... I would happy if Pelini is HC, but absolutely NO GUARANTEE that he will be successful.... no experience, hot-headed, and not politically correct at times and could say things to bring negative publicity to NU......but hey, Win at all cost baby.... huh.

Kentucky didn't score that many points in regulation versus LSU. If I recall both teams scored most often during the overtime periods. Kind of a faulty argument if you ask me.

So, OT doesn't count.....total points..... Heck, OT should count more....big time defenses step up in big time settings.... OT, national TV, conference game.......

I think KEntucky and Bama are realistic arguements.....

I said that Pelini is better than who we have...... not going to dispute that, but when people turn my opinion into personal attacks, I give more food for thought....

I am not convince Pelini is the right guy for the job..... He may turn into be a great HC and coach of the year..... I hope so, and I hope it is at NU, but as we speak, no one can honestly give me a reason to think that he is the next coming of Osborne, Stoops, Meyer....

And don't give me the "fired-up" HC not afraid to speak his mind crap....hell, BC called OU f- hillbillies and slashed throat to officials.... you need more than fire and passion to coach....believe me !!!

I think your way off base. Callahan is the problem and he is to egotistical to do it any other way than his, even if it means losing every game. I still am amazed the first season he took a QB recruited to play option football, a offensive line that at least knew how to block for the run and completely switched over to the west coast offense. Wouldn't someone with half a brain use the talent you have and make a slower, smoother transition? Not Cally, the result is we go from 10 wins to 5 wins and all at the helm of an offensive genius. He has made getting embarrassed a new tradition. We are so much worse off with him. Shall he stay?As long as you like getting your butts kicked week in and week out, he could concievably allow someone to hang a 100 on us in the future. Good bye and good riddance.

I don't disagree with you...... by wins and losses and performance and perceptions, this program is much worse off now than it has ever been....

If anyone reads the original post, I stated that BC has made many horrible, dumbass decisions and his biggest mistake is not having the guts to fire Coz....

The HC isn't in charge of "developing talent" as many of you state.....but, his job IS TO BRING ASSISTANTS into the system who CAN..... It may come to a shock, bit HC serve as CEO at most major colleges, and the ASSISTANTS do a majority of developing talent....

He needs to clean house as I stated....... Give Watson the play-calling green light, which he is starting to understand......... and continue to recruit well, which is what he does well....

This was all my comment was referring to......... I know good and well BC and the staff are history, but I just said that i wouldn't lose a ton of sleep if TO decided to retain him, if the above conditions were met....

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THOUGH, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT..... this was just meant to be a discussion thread....

Still would like to see a high school stud QB get 4-5 years in this offense..... could be deadly with an experienced QB...... Taylor was average at best as an athlete, but won Big 12 player of year in, YES, BC's offense.... He didn't win it on 'TALENT ALONE", because he isnt' that talented......so, the system must have something to do with it.....

Okay....here I go.....I understand that by saying this, I am strapping myself into a hypothetical electric chair and will get barbequed by most on this board......

Personally, I will not have a problem if TO retains BC and Shawn Watson...... Let me finish.. :) I think that BC has finally realized how to use Watson and will only continue to give him more responsibility, if not all of the play calling next season..... If you can take a back-up QB and go on the road to a top 10 team, who is only allowing a little over 6 points a game, and yet score 39 points, offensively...we played fairly well.....

I understand he has made some dumbass decisions this season....but he has consistantly been forced to coach from behind or has handed the defense a lead that they can't keep.....

I would like to see what would happen if a QB (top notch) would have 4-5 years in this system.... he has tried, but had to settle for Daily, Taylor (got better after 2 seasons), and Keller (1 yr).... He has also lost 2 guys Freeman and Beck do to personal issues out of BC's control....

What would Gabbert/Witt/Lee be able to do if they were in this system for a long period of time....

Now, Coz must go, as of 3 weeks ago..... He shouldn't even be on the team bus home....should be a case were Coz and Elmo are co-staring in "Planes-Trains-Automobiles" trying to get back to Lincoln......

I wouldn't lose any sleep if BC and Watson stayed, recruiting class comes back/or stays and we bring in a new O-line coach and totally clean house on the defensive side....

This is not a "coaching search" topic, but has anyone thought about Ken Norton Jr. as a possible D-coordinator (LB coach at USC, I believe).... a lot of name recognition and west coast ties...

All of them must go...ALL OF THEM !!! NO leftovers to ruin the next team !!!!! :madash

Callahan will never have a top 10 program. 1 reason he doesn't develop talent. 2nd reason he doesn't get his 2nd string playing time. 3rd reason he blows redshirt season, he will never have the maturity and experiance of teams who have 5th year players starting for them. 4 he couldn't motivate a 6 year old to eat candy.

And it is the Head Coaches Job to make sure talent is being developed. The Head Coach makes the practice plan. The Head Coach over looks every coach and makes sure they are performing.

It doesn't matter, he's done after the colorado game. Callahan will never be a head coach again.

... the original post, I stated that BC has made many horrible, dumbass decisions and his biggest mistake is not having the guts to fire Coz....

..... this was just meant to be a discussion thread....

Taylor was average at best as an athlete, but won Big 12 player of year in, YES, BC's offense.... He didn't win it on 'TALENT ALONE", because he isnt' that talented......so, the system must have something to do with it.....

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the reason Coz was never fired is because of the deal he made with Callahan.

Cally starts off the discussion with, "This is how we do it in the NFL...1st you build up your Offense to attract the fans..Then you draft Defenders to win the big one".

"Now it's gonna take these kids 3-4 years to understand this Offense, but once I..I mean THey do..We'll get you that Linebacker you've been wanting.

"The Defense will drop off a little..But I won't throw you under the bus".

----------------------------

Still would like to see a high school stud QB get 4-5 years in this offense..... could be deadly with an experienced QB......
So you'd be happy with a winning season every 4-5 years?

Callahan has a block of wood where his brain should be. No way does he let Watson call the plays.

He hasn't made any changes to his defense.

He doesn't adapt his offense to problems they see during the game.

He doesn't develope the players he recruits. He doesn't know how to coach college kids.

He's OOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT!

Sorry Dudes, but lngtmnosea no real offense or defense. :corndance

but as we speak, no one can honestly give me a reason to think that he is the next coming of Osborne, Stoops, Meyer....

The problem here is that we won't know that for 10 years at least. If Meyer had the saintly head coach title bestowed on him, he would have gone from WR coach at Notre Dame to Head Coach of Florida. Coaches need to grow and establish themselves. I just don't think that we know how Pelini will be as a head coach, other than his defensive teams and how he coached for our bowl game.....it is all there is to go on.

That said, great coaches come from somewhere. I think Peleini has that "it" not even being able to expain what "it" is.

Only other time I had that feeling was when OSU hired Tressel, I had seen him at Youngstown State and KNEW that the guy would put up W's.